In looking through my meal logs, I'm finding that Meal 3 usually hosts the most fat (perhaps too much). Is there any reason I should cut down on fat in the evenings and try to front load the day instead? This could be my old fat-phobia talking but I just thought I'd ask. 

Sample meal:

Brussels sprouts roasted in duck or pork fat

Side salad with creamy balsamic (mayo and balsamic and spices)

Whole chicken breast, pan seared in olive or coconut oil

Berries or mango with coconut creme and crumbled nuts/seeds

Obviously there is some degree of variety but a common day would be:

M1 is bulletproof coffee with either cauliflower soup with an Aidelle's sausage, or a 3egg scramble with veggies.

M2 is big mixed veggie salad with creamy balsamic or stir fry, each with chicken or shrimp.

My question more applies to the timing of fats, rather than the amounts. For example, bananas at breakfast can spike hunger later. Is there an equivalent with fats and timing, or is there any negative health/weight impact that stems from eating a lot of fats at night?

No, fats do not spike blood sugar. They give a slow and sustained release of energy and since you are only including healthy fats here you shouldn't worry about the timing of them.

I'd comment only that nuts/nut butters/seeds are in inferior source of fat and so you sholdn't rely on them, and they should be eaten in moderation only - say, a closed handful every other day at most.

Archived