Today is my Day 0

fattkidgonepaleo

Hey everybody! My name is Laura and I'm beginning my Whole30 tomorrow. I've let a lot of excuses get in the way of why I haven't taken care of my life and body but it's finally time to let those go and realize the only excuse is me. I've recently quit smoking and I am a recovering alcoholic.I love to do CrossFit but I just don't do it often so that is another one of my goals!

Anywhoodle...just happy to find some support online. And maybe make some good friends.

Me too, Laura ~ I'm on day zero and anxious about failure but as a mostly* paleo person for the past 4+ years, I know it's time for a reboot. I'm 53 and need to lose about 60 pounds, so this is my kickstart to finally making that happen.

*Mostly = sometimes totally, sometimes not so much.

Breakfast ideas are welcome as I am allergic to eggs and won't be using any whey protein during this Whole30. I have a protein powder that is vegan, but the proteins are pea and brown rice, which also won't work. Fruit is out, unless I figure out how to make it work with protein. Quinoa is out. Color me breakfast disabled.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to sharing our successes, Laura!

Happy Day Zero ~

Cavegrrl

Hi Laura! I'm Laura too, and I'm on Day 7ish (I say ish because I was eating lunchmeat turkey with sulfites in it before I knew they were bad, but I'm just adding 5 days to the end rather than start back at Day 1...gotta keep the emails on track, and it was completely inadvertent and not a bad choice that was the problem). I have to say, the emails need an "Oops, made a mistake because I didn't know better, not a bad choice, just an accident," instead of "rocked it" and "made bad choices."

Anyway, I was drinking way too much, and ahem...frequently more than I intended, and that is part of the reason I started Whole30. Well - drinking = snacking = weight gain too, and my weight was getting a bit outta control. Then I wouldn't eat enough during the day, then I'd eat too much after drinking at night...and that's all bad.

So far I haven't really missed my wine. My dinners are so darn filling and I think avoiding sugar helps too.

But Welcome! This forum is an awesome source of info - I search it for all manner of weird things showing up in my ingredient lists and it's very helpful for saying what to avoid, what's ok.

Laura

Hey all... I just thought I should offer a welcome too. It can be done. In 10 minutes, I will be complete on my W30. Find a rhythm that works for you. Push yourself to try new things (veggies, cooking methods, food combinations) and it all will come together.

Keep focused on the prize, better health, and you will do great!

Cheers

DJ

Just start a post under the heading of Welcome To the Whole30 (the section we are in right now). That becomes your journal or log and you update it as desired. So, in other words, the opening poster sort of started her log or journal by starting this thread. I didn't do that, I just found it more fun to join in on conversations in other threads. Depends what is best for you. :)

OOOPS!! I gave you the wrong area. It's called "Your Whole 30 Log" and it's down the list under Community.

Day Two done. Organic grass fed hamburger patty for breakfast with black coffee (yuck -- Paradise Bakery has crap coffee); a can of tuna with oil and vinegar and a handful of pecans for lunch; crab / salmon cakes over mixed baby greens for dinner; raspberries for dessert. And I'm exhausted.

See you on Day 3.

Archived