Day 22. Pesky cellulite

miemoo

Hi everyone. This is my second Whole30. In my first, the inches really fell away, I could see my body composition changing before my eyes as every day went on. I feel that I'm at a healthy size and losing the inches isn't one of my main goals in doing this program, but what's with the pesky cellulite?????? I feel like it won't budge and it fluctuates wildly from day to day. If anything, I've been more disciplined in this second round (less starchy carbs, less coffee, no coffee after midday, no eating after 7pm) but I'm not seeing the same results. Is some cellulite normal for some women and should I just learn to accept this? Or, is it a sign that my body is not as healthy as it could be? If anyone has any insights that would be much appreciated. 

• Moderators

Cellulite is basically excess adipose fat that has worked its way through the weaker areas of your connective tissue and is caused by a variety of factors including genetics, hormones, excess fat, and age...

Some cellulite IS normal for some women (thanks genetics).

From my understanding, cellulite is not necessarily an indicator of overall health. Exercise helps (strength training) as well as a non inflammatory diet (you're covered there!).

Thank you! I guess I should focus on the strength training. Btw - I also posted this in 'Troubleshooting' as I realised this may have been the wrong thread. I'm not sure how to delete it off this thread though. 

• Moderators

Thank you! I guess I should focus on the strength training. Btw - I also posted this in 'Troubleshooting' as I realised this may have been the wrong thread. I'm not sure how to delete it off this thread though. 

I deleted the other thread as this one has the content but I'm going to move it over to Ladies Only for a better fit.

Archived