day 12 ate out for the first time

HelenLA

I think this was a huge success for me. What do you think? I went to a Chinese buffet restaurant and this is what I had: I had my food cooked at the hibachi raw bean sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms, onions snow peas and shrimp. The grill was clean and no one else's food was being cooked. I specifically asked that my food be cooked with no oil only water to steam it. I stood there and watched and he followed my directions exactly. So my veggies and shrimp were cooked with the heat of the grill and steam. When I got back to the table I drizzled some olive oil over the top that I had brought with me. I also went to the salad bar and got some fresh lettuce, cucumbers, onions, mushrooms, and hard boiled egg halves. I didn't eat much of the veggie salad because the cooked veggies tasted much better. I did add olive oil and lemon juice to the veggie salad. I have to say that the boiled eggs tasted disgusting. It didn't have anything on it and it didn't taste spoiled it just didn't taste good. Do you think this is because I have been buying organic, pasture-raised eggs? I also had a small ice cream cup of fresh fruit pieces. I went back to the hibachi and had more grilled vegetables with a little more shrimp and a little bit of beef. Nothing was pre-seasoned. I may not have had the best quality shrimp and beef but I think I made really great choices. I did not use soy sauce at the table but I sure wish I had brought my coconut aminos with me. I haven't had any of them yet and this would have been the perfect time to try them. Please let me know what you all think. I didn't make a mistake did I? I didn't even allow myself to have the black olives or raisins from the salad bar because I was afraid of what they might have on them or in them.

• Administrators

Hard boiled eggs from a salad bar can be really disgusting. Bland and rubbery. I don't buy the highest quality eggs myself (I get the Costco conventional ones) but they always taste alright. It must be something to do with how old they are or how they were cooked.

Archived