New breakfast ideas

hej

Hi,

Day 21, and I'm looking for more breakfast ideas. I have about 30 minutes for meal prep in the morn, and I take left-overs for lunch.

I don't mind eggs. I have 2-3 almost every morning with the following 3 things:

1. Some combo of sautéed vegetables (cauli, carrots, broc, bell peppers, leaks, onions, kale, collards, etc.) with a root/starch (sweet potato, white potato, rutabaga).

2. Usually we add meat: ground pork or burger.

3. Fat: avocado or mayo

But I'm feeling a bit in a rut with meal making. Fried stuff sounds awesome. Maybe salmon cakes tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Jess

p.s. I'm doing the starch because I'm breastfeeding.

I'm a big fan of egg muffins - I line the muffin tin with whole30 compliant prosciutto then fill with a mix of veggies and scrambled egg, bake at 350 until the egg is set. I bake up a dozen on the weekend and eat throughout the week (usually with some extra veg and avocado)

I have been eating turkey chili for breakfast. Super easy to make; 2 cans of crushed tomatoes ( watch ingredient label), 2 packages of ground turkey, chili seasonings, and onions/peppers. Cook the ground turkey on the stove top and throw it all in the crock pot. I put some in the freezer for later in the week. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I have been doing leftovers for breakfast a lot. I am out of other non-egg ideas. I do like eggs, but I am getting tired of eggs for breakfast every day.

There's some ideas in this thread: http://forum.whole30.com/topic/28832-lets-talk-non-traditional-breakfasts/

Or google whole30 no egg breakfast for a ton of past discussions.

I needed a portable breakfast, since I eat it at work M-F, and someone suggested the Spicy Tuna Cakes from Nom Nom Paleo.

I am not exaggerating to say they changed my life.

Tuna cakes, vegetable soup (these days carrot-cardamom, also from Michelle Tam, or roasted tomato), and some olives or avocado for a little fat and I'm a happy camper.

If you don't like things too spicy, moderate with the crushed red pepper as opposed to the jalapeno. The jalapeno adds a really nice "green" taste to the mix.

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/91332244628/spicy-tuna-cakes

• Moderators

I needed a portable breakfast, since I eat it at work M-F, and someone suggested the Spicy Tuna Cakes from Nom Nom Paleo.

I am not exaggerating to say they changed my life.

Tuna cakes, vegetable soup (these days carrot-cardamom, also from Michelle Tam, or roasted tomato), and some olives or avocado for a little fat and I'm a happy camper.

If you don't like things too spicy, moderate with the crushed red pepper as opposed to the jalapeno. The jalapeno adds a really nice "green" taste to the mix.

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/91332244628/spicy-tuna-cakes

For a changeup if you get tired of the tuna cakes, Mel Joulwan's salmon cakes are also great -- and for people looking for not spicy, they aren't, though the Old Bay seasoning gives them a great flavor.

Well fed spinach & meat muffins are my current easy meal favorite! I love them hot or cold (usually for lunch b/c that's just how my schedule goes) and my boyfriend eats them for breakfast on his way out the door. So simple, so many changes you can do (different meats, spices, greens etc). I especially love them topped with homemade mayo (but I love EVERYTHING with homemade mayo) :)

I find that this problem is more of a psychological hang up. I can't eat eggs because it causes my eczema to break out, so I was forced to rethink breakfast. It's really simple: Just eat food. I'll eat pot roast, grilled chicken, meatloaf, etc for breakfast. Once you get over the whole "only breakfast foods for breakfast" thing, it's pretty easy.

Archived