day 16: still exhausted

ana a

it's day 16 of whole30, and i've been 100% compliant. still, i haven't had energy to run since last saturday (it's now thursday). i'm eating until i feel full, i don't think i'm depriving myself, but clearly i'm doing something wrong here since it's not even 5pm and i could crawl into bed right now.

here's what i've eaten the past few days. i'd really, really appreciate some help on where i'm going wrong! thanks in advance:

monday

breakfast: three hard-boiled eggs, a tangerine
lunch: leftover slaw with lots of veggies, ground beef, and spices
dinner: paleo chicken "alfredo" spaghetti squash with broccoli, cashew cream

tuesday

breakfast: two hard-boiled eggs, more slaw with veggies, ground beef, and spices
lunch: spaghetti squash "alfredo" leftovers, two tangerines
dinner: more spaghetti squash, a hard-boiled egg, a handful of cashews

wednesday

breakfast: three eggs, three carrots
lunch: the rest of the spaghetti squash
snacks: pulled chicken with salsa, and trail mix with pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cranberries, and raisins
dinner: two italian sausages with peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and kale

• Moderators

You don't appear to be adding fat to your meals. That can really make a difference.

I can't really tell your portion sizes, but if you're hungry enough to need a snack before the next meal, your lunch Wednesday may have been too small.

I'd probably lose the trail mix and replace it with vegetables and some other fat source -- olives, avocado, mayo -- just to avoid the sugar from the dried fruits.

Are you getting at least one cup of vegetables at every meal, and preferably more like 2-3? When you have worked out, did you do pre- and post-workout meals? Are you drinking at least 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight (so if you weighed 120 lbs, drink at least 60 oz of water)? Are you salting your foods?

• Moderators

It is not safe to eat until you feel full. You need to follow the meal planning template slavishly and never eat less than the minimum. And what you think is the minimum is probably skimping. Eat more. And be sure to eat pre- and post-workout meals on days you workout. Combining meals means you are not eating enough.

I don't see adequate starchy veggies. Eat two fist-size servings of potatoes every day for a while. You can drop back to one serving if you start feeling wonderful and can't stand it. :) 

How much to eat

Archived