Em's whole 30

wcrungrl

Day 21: Meal 1 was 3 eggs fried in coconut oil and a "scramble" of mushrooms, spaghetti squash and tomato w/ salt, pepper and garlic powder and a cup of coffee w/ coconut milk. Did a great workout this morning on my own...may not have felt great the whole time but really proud of myself for doing it! Had 1/2 sweet potato after the wod. Meal 2 was 2 chicken, garlic/ herb sausages, a big 'ole kale salad with my homemade vinigerette (which reminds me I need to make a new jar) and an apple. Was starving about 4 hours later when I headed home so grabbed a pint of rasberries and fried 2 eggs in coconut milk. Meal 3 was cooked by my wonderful friends/ neighbors Steve and Stephanie. They made me a grilled ribeye, asparagus in olive oil and lemon juice and 1/2 a sweet potato with olive oil, salt and pepper. Delicious day.

So my food today (day 22 btw!!!): Meal 1 (after sleep like 10 hours!!): 3 eggs fried in coconut oil, 1/2 a sweet potato w/ ghee, salt and pepper and a cup of french press coffee w/ coconut milk. I LOVE french press coffee and its become a huge weekend luxury as that seems to be the only time I have time for it lately. Then I went to the Olympia Coop...my absolutely favorite new place to shop...and got my groceries for the week. When I got home and before I started cooking I had the last few bites of ribeye from dinner with the Stressmans last night, 1/2 an apple and sunbutter. Meal 2 was a 2 egg scramble w/ onion, broccoli and an Italian turkey sausage. The plan for meal 3 is a ribeye, steamed broccoli w/ ghee and some pineapple.

Wanna know all the fun stuff I cooked up today? I made paleo chicken tenders (inspired by the awesome chicken tenders I had at the paleo food truck in Portland) with a recipe from paleoonabudget.com. I made homemade mayo...I tried a new coconut oil/ olive oil recipe instead of my usual walnut oil mayo. I'll use it for dipping chicken tenders this week. I also made this awesome eggplant/ mushroom paleo "stuffing" from a recipe from thepaleomom.com. I can't wait to try it this week! I made a frittata with italian turkey sausages, red peppers, onion and spinach. And I sliced up a pineapple, microwaved some sweet potatoes and boiled some eggs. It may be a lot of work but I like eating this way.

meal 1 was a slice of frittata and 2 cups of coffee w/ coconut milk. Snack a couple hours later was a boiled egg, 1/2 honeycrisp apple and a tablespoon of subutter. Meal 2 was the amazing egglplant/ mushroom stuffing (paleomom.com...you have to make this!), chicken tenders dipped in homemade mayo and about 1/2 cup of pineapple. Maybe too much fat for this meal? Not sure considering the chicken tenders have coconut flour/ almond flour coating on top of the may for dipping. pre-wod snack: boiled egg, chopped red pepper and celery dipped whole foods guac. Post wod snack boiled egg and 1/4 sweet potato. Meal 3: 2 spears of leftover broccoli, 1/4 my leftover ribeye from last night, a bowl of leftover carrot/ beef chili and a salad w/ amazing homemade balsalmic dressing...hazelnut oil makes super awesome balsamic. I really need to work on going to bed earlier in order to get 8 hrs. No excuse not to and it will make tomorrow feel much better!

Day 25. Funny I feel like I've stopped having cravings. I think I'm going to just keep going after 30 and see how it goes. I don't really need to do the re-introduction protocol (I don't think)...I know dairy makes me crave sugar and refined carbs and any kind of grains, even gluten free tear up my digestive tract, make me feel bloated and re-start the craving cycle. Alcohol is going to be the hard thing...I really used to love my Wed night gluten free beer at trivia night. But I think I can make it the next couple weeks until we leave for Afghanistan when I'll be forced to go un-whole 30 for a bit. Food today (yesterday was essentially the same). Meal 1: frittata, coffee w/ coconut milk. A boiled egg, 1/2 an apple and 1 tablespoon of sunflower butter about 3 hours later. Meal 2 was the eggplant stuffing (which I'm wondering if might be the reason I'm breaking out this week), some of my paleo chicken tenders w/ homemade mayo, pineapple. About 3 hours later a boiled egg, some chopped veggies and 1/4 of an avacado. Another boiled egg, some sweet potato and 1/4 avacado about 2 hours later. Meal 3 was a bowl of leftover beef stew and a salad w/ 1/3 avacado and some of my awesome balsamic dressing. Need to figure out what I'm going to cook up this weekend for my last week on whole 30.

So I haven't posted the last few days but its day 30 and I made it! I need to keep going though because I feel like my sugar demon still has me in its grasp...the last few days I've been overdoing the fruit and even lara bars. And not really because I was hungry but honestly because I was craving something sweet. So todays food: A cup of coffee w/ coconut milk, aslice of roast beef and 1/4 avacado pre-wod, meal 1: roast chicken, 2 broccoli fritters (paleOMG.com) and "gravy" from nomnompaleo's crockpot roasted chicken recipe. Meal 2 was leftover meatballs, marinara and spaghetti squash and a good handfull of coconut flakes. Had a mid-afternoon snack of a boiled egg, an apple and some sunflower butter. Meal 3 started w/ the last meatball and couple bites of spaghettis squash, then green chicken curry (w/ kale and red pepper slices)...it was only eh. Probably won't make it again. This is where the sugar demon jumped into my evening...had 2 tablespoons of sunflower butter, 1/2 a pineapple. Yes I said 1/2 a pineapple. So my plan is to go through the re-introduction protocol to see how dairy and gluten/ gluten free grains affect me but I'm going to eat clean as long as I can.

Archived