Starting February 1st!

wdiffin

Just got the books, I've got some reading to do!  I've set my start date for 2/1.

I need to do this for me!  I just turned 46 and am at the highest weight of my life. Always tired, skin and joint issues, always feeling bloated.  I'm 5'4" and weigh 183.  The hardest thing for me just might be not stepping on the scale for 30 days! It's a bit of an obsession.

My goals for my first Whole30: 

• Get rid of bad habits
  • Break my sugar/carb/scale addiction
  • Break my full sugar soda habit
  • Learn to love clean eating
  • Get on the right track towards a healthier me
  • Get started on the path towards weight loss
  • Cook more!  Eat out less!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Just got the books, I've got some reading to do!  I've set my start date for 2/1.

I need to do this for me!  I just turned 46 and am at the highest weight of my life. Always tired, skin and joint issues, always feeling bloated.  I'm 5'4" and weigh 183.  The hardest thing for me just might be not stepping on the scale for 30 days! It's a bit of an obsession.

My goals for my first Whole30: 

• Get rid of bad habits
  • Break my sugar/carb/scale addiction
  • Break my full sugar soda habit
  • Learn to love clean eating
  • Get on the right track towards a healthier me
  • Get started on the path towards weight loss
  • Cook more!  Eat out less!

Take the scale to your friend's house or have a loved one hide it from you.  Just as we do when we clear out food from our pantry that we don't want to be tempted by, if the scale is a huge issue for you (which, by the use of the word obsession, I would say that's an issue), then get it out of your solar system!

I will be starting on the first as well! We can do this:) This is my introduction post LOL! I am 26 and at the heaviest I have ever been as well I'm 5' 3" and 184 pounds. I look forward to breaking all the habits you listed as well as improving my severely low vitamin levels! I look forward to this journey if you ever need anything feel free to send me a message:)

I'm definitely planning on removing the scale from my home!  It will be torture otherwise.  :-)

Another goal that I forgot to list was to lower my cholesterol and my pre-diabetic status!  We have required blood tests at work every April.  I'm very curious to see the results this year after embarking on this journey.

Hello All...

I'm very new to all this, but in my last two weeks I been educating myself with all the information and I'm READY to begin as well but I'm going to start 1/30/2016 just so i could cover the whole month of February and have 30 days... What you all think? Yes I do need HELP with this site because I'm so lost. (lol)

Thank you for listening

Mela :rolleyes:

• Administrators

Hello All...

I'm very new to all this, but in my last two weeks I been educating myself with all the information and I'm READY to begin as well but I'm going to start 1/30/2016 just so i could cover the whole month of February and have 30 days... What you all think? Yes I do need HELP with this site because I'm so lost. (lol)

Thank you for listening

Mela :rolleyes:

What do you need help with on the forum, Mela?

Hi all!

I will also be joining you guys starting Feb 1st for another round of Whole30! I did my first one last March 2015 and stuck to it for 100 days because I felt so good. I have also since been Paleo and it has truly been a lifechanger in a beautiful way. I'm happy to share some of my favorite recipes or blogs, as well as start a Feb 1 Whole30 email chain going for support and sharing ideas/how we are feeling.

Also, Mela, where in PA are you located? I'm in Philadelphia.

All the best and talk soon!

Allison

I have ordered my books and will be starting the 1st also. I have had a lapband for 6 years and lost 110 lbs. I have had some trouble and gained 40 lbs back. I have a horrible addiction to sugar and junk food so I need to change my lifestyle and wrap my mind around the right foods to eat to be healthy... not just to lose weight.

I have ordered my books and will be starting the 1st also. I have had a lapband for 6 years and lost 110 lbs. I have had some trouble and gained 40 lbs back. I have a horrible addiction to sugar and junk food so I need to change my lifestyle and wrap my mind around the right foods to eat to be healthy... not just to lose weight.

Hi! I am starting Feb 1st too. I also had lapband surgery. I had mine in 2007. I lost over 100 pounds but have slipped off the wagon and have gained about 65 back. So ready to be on track again and be healthy! We can do this! Join my FB Whole 30 Feb group if you like https://www.facebook.com/groups/1537798203178083/

I will be starting Feb 1. This week will be a soft start, but next week Feb 1 is when I'll start the complete program. I've ordered the book so waiting for that to fully understand. I need ideas for recipes and menus.... Look forward to helping each other out!!!!

I am so excited to find a group starting on Feb 1st!  I am as well and I am really excited but nervous as well.  So scared to fail again.  I am turning 45 in May, 5'5" and 205lbs.  I feel horrible all the time.  Tired, bloated, joints hurt, itching constantly.  I am the mother of three girls and I want to be a good example for them.  I requested to join the Facebook group and would love any support and tips that are shared.  I can do anything for 30 days!

I love the support of everyone already!

I will be starting for my first ever Whole30 on Feb 1, because it's the start of a new month AND it just happens to begin on a monday too, which makes my OCD so happy! Also, it will be the monday after my 21st birthday, and being young and having to fear about diabetes by the time you are 25 is scary! So I am ready to take back my life after suffering with an eating disorder, abbusive realationships and lots of health issues!

Wishing everyone the best on their journey, and I will be here to support anyone! 

WE CAN DO THIS  :) 

I am also wanting to start Feb 1! I have received the book and have read. I am really needing this to help my allergy issues that affect my asthma. Currently on meds and on short term disability. I have weight to lose and hoping for that benefit was well. My husband is verify skeptical and will not be of much support. He thinks I should join Jenny Craig, weight watchers etc. Those diets dont have much to do for you except for focus on losing weight. I have worked with the paleo and did not have much success with the allergy issues improving but did enjoy healthy foods. It will be nice to have some support from others and helping each other out. Here's to Feb 1!

Hey there! I will be joining you all on February 1st along with several other ladies. We have a February Whole 30 FB group if you are interested in joining us there at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1537798203178083/

I have ready The Whole 30 and also It Starts with Food.

I am so ready to do this!

Hi there, I am starting 1st Feb too, I have requested to join the FB group. I have been gradually weaning myself off sugar and wheat on the last 2 weeks. Just my milk in coffee and occasional cheese to go now.

Going to take it day by day, and even though weight loss is my goal I am using the Whole30 to reset my metabolism so not expecting too lose significant weight at the beginning. 

I'm joining February 1 and like everyone else am so ready.  I am 51 and have gained 10 lbs in the last three years.  I have been paleo for quite some time but have fallen into the paleo treats.  Not a good thing.  Looking forward to chatting with everyone!  Good luck to all.  WE CAN DO THIS!

Hi there!

I commit to start on February, 1st me too.

I am already eating paleo 80% but that 20% is taking me off road!

I need a new challenge and I am reading the "it all starts with food" book.

I don't do sugar most of the time, while I occasionally indulge in cheese, double cream, sushi and alcoohol-free beers.

I drink too much coffee indeed and looking forward to get back in track!

Enjoy the trip, everyone!

Hugs from Italy,

Irene

Hi all! I am starting on Feb 1 as well.  I am a 51 (will be 52 on Friday) peri-menopausal woman. I have been weaning off junk with Paleo eating, but have not fulling committed until now. I have recently been experiencing hypertension (which I never had before) and my cardiologist put me on medicine. I despise pharmaceuticals. I made him a deal that if I lose weight we will revisit the drug route in 60 days. I am probably about 40-50 lbs overweight. I used to work out, but hurt my back over a year ago and just never got back into it. Stupid! I starting working out again. I am in week 3 of that. I love to cook and have been collecting recipes for Whole30 so I am not intimidated by that aspect. Too much wine and pigging out on junk food too often are my biggest problems. I also do taxes and work everyday from about Superbowl Sunday until April 15th (April 18th this year), so I figure this would be a good time to do this since I do not have any social engagements and am pretty much a shut-in during tax season. I want to live to be a spry old lady. If I want to do that, I have to start now! Good luck everyone! I am going to try to join the Facebook group. 

Hello!  I'm starting the 31st and would love support.  I've read the book and have been educating myself and preparing a shopping list.  I will spend Sunday prepping for the week.  I'm looking to cut out sugar and processed foods, reset my digestive tract, get rid of the constant fatigue and overall blah feelings!  I have Hashimotos thyroiditis so I'm hoping that the Whole 30 will help with those food sensitivities and help me to lose weight.  I've managed to gain about 60 lbs in the last 8 years so I have a lot of work to do!! 

Archived