Day 8 not much energy for exercise

cjiggetts

So before whole30 I worked out about 5x week and did HIIT training, running, videos etc. Now I just walk because I have like zero energy to exercise. In the past I took a pre-workout drink but cannot now because it has artificial stuff in it. When I tried to do a HIIT workout I barely made it 10 minutes. I am pretty tired too.

Does whole30 still work (weight loss, NSV's) without exercise? I haven't been doing much because of my lack of energy but wondering should I try and force myself to workout?

Before I was working out a lot but not losing lbs because of my diet. (You cant out run a bad diet).

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks guys

Can you post a couple days' worth of meals with portion sizes and water intake? 

Considering you can lose weight eating anything at all without exercise, it is plausible that you'll lose weight through the Whole30 without exercise, but better to hunt down the cause of your low energy  :D

• Moderators

Your lack of energy could be from the adaptation to fat burning from sugar burning... it's not that uncommon to see a temporary decrease in endurance at this stage.

if you want, you can post what you've been eating including portion sizes and meal times and we can see if there's anything we can suggest.

But yes, the Whole30 still works without exercise.

In the past I took a pre-workout drink but cannot now because it has artificial stuff in it. 

If you felt you needed a stimulant to exercise before Whole 30, you were probably doing too much anyway.

Some of the best progress I've made (physically, emotionally, mentally) has been during the times I was forced to take a step back from the gym, for one reason or another.  Yes, of course you can still get all of the healing benefits of this program, without all of the workouts you were doing.  In fact, your body may thank you even more than you could anticipate.   :)

Walking is good.  Really, really good... and sustainable.

I'd still like to see a typical day of food intake.  It could very well be that you are undereating and/or a few tweaks could make all the difference in how you are feeling.

I have felt much the same way and now on day 13. I LOVE exercise but accepted, with reluctance, that I should do no exercise or really limit my intensity. BUT, my clothes are already loose! I can't believe what I have been able to fit into in just two weeks. That knowledge has made me cool my guilt about not being in the gym so much. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, this is my 9 day and been doing good, and like other ladies I love to workout but as I have been reading the book, exercise is limited, and i been just walking for 30 or 45 minutes with no intensity just light walk and I been feeling good. Been eating good and my clothes feel loose :D, and my sugar cravings and other things that I was feeling has subsided... Thank God I'm feeling good :) ... loving this whole30 program.

Archived