Hello,

I'm on day 12, and I've just realised that the tea I've been drinking contains hidden sugar, maltodextrin. It wasn't on the label, I've just read it on the Internet... I'm so upset! :(  (By the way, as not being a chemistry genious, I did not know that maltose and maltodextrin are kind of the same thing, and on the "sneaky sugars" list I didn't read maltodextrin. Though I wouldn't have drank the tea if I had known that it contains anything else than fruits.)

My question is: do I have to start over? I'm not going to drink that type of tea anymore, and I'm going to check the Internet as well, not only the labels. So annoying! :angry: 

Thanks in advance. :)

• Moderators

Drinking a bit of sugar unintentionally is not grounds for starting over.

Vendors change their formulas from time to time. The label is what matters. If the label on your tea does not show maltodextrin, do not assume based upon what you see on the internet that yours contains maltodextrin. The opposite is true too. If you see a label on the internet that suggests something is compliant, be sure to look at what you actually have in your hands because things may have changed at some point. We have had issues around the forum before of a brand being compliant for a while and then being changed and no longer meeting Whole30-standards. 

Archived