Mrs. C

Hi Whole30 community. Just got the book. I am starting to clean out my kitchen and about an hour ago finished  a Whole30 approved breakfast scramble.  I have a terrible sugar and carb addiction that usually hits between 1 and 4. I hope that I will feel satisfied on this and see some positive changes in my energy, lack of sleep, arthritis/tendonitis, and weight. How long did it take you all before you noticed positive results? Did anyone go through withdrawal like symptoms? 

• Moderators

Hi, Mrs. C! 

You may experience some withdrawal-like symptoms, especially if you're used to eating a lot of sugary stuff or bread. These vary from person to person, but you might check out this timeline for some general idea of what kinds of things people experience. (Note that it was intended as a tongue-in-cheek look at Whole30, but it's still pretty accurate for a lot of people.)

The biggest things that will help you feel better, as far as any withdrawal symptoms, are to be sure to drink plenty of water, salt your food to taste, and be sure you're eating enough food. If you're coming from a background of calorie counting or restrictive dieting, you may feel like you're eating too much food when you follow the meal template, that's a pretty common feeling. Just trust us, and eat up. Having plenty of food at your meals will mean not being hungry between meals, which will help you not snack. 

If you are truly hungry (our litmus test is, would you eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli? if yes, you're hungry, if no, you're probably not really hungry, just craving), definitely eat, even if it's between meals, but eat a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, not a snacky-type food like nuts or dried fruit, and not fruit on its own. If you really just can't stop thinking about sweets and you must eat something, go for fat or protein instead -- olives, or a spoonful of coconut oil, or some leftover meat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I'm Mela... And i bought the book And i started today the program. but it has been 3 weeks since i cut out sugariest things and grains as well. So far in my day I been good. God help me!

Mela

Archived