Day 6: Food is isn't appealing or tasting good! Why??

Help! My boyfriend and I are finishing up our 6th day on the whole30 and I'm almost grossed out by foods I wasn't before, (ghee, shrimp, zucchini!)

Has this happened to anyone? I feel like I'm eating just because I have to and I feel bad because we spend so much time cooking but then I can't even finish my meal!

Will the phase pass? I'm finding myself extremely grossed out by ghee especially when I've never had a problem with clarified butter in the past. Just curious is anyone else has had this problem...

I had the same problem yesterday! I'm on Day 6 (today) and I feel better. Yesterday I couldn't face my kitchen, look at food, think about food or even grocery shop (which I like to do!) It could be the kill all the things phase, I think it was for me. But I also decided to spice up what I'm going to cook this week, changing some of the flavors, trying more citrus, maybe stir fries. My husband has been very supportive, and decided to cook dinner last night which really, really helped. And then played cards with friends. I guess every now and then it makes sense to take a break and think about other things besides what and when I'm going to eat next. Good luck!!  ;)

www.meljoulwan offers batch cooking instructions for each week of the whole30. This way you only spend a couple of hours in the kitchen one day a week and then have mix and match foods ready to reheat during the week. You also don't have to be thinking about what to eat next all the time. This could also be a sign of your hormones being out of whack and will subside. Try a new recipe.

Thanks guys. We definitely try to mix up our recipes everyday - but with that same theme in mind, I think I'm just obsessing over food. I've been a lot more active on my food blog - posting every day about my emotions and feelings, etc. Thanks for the advice!

Archived