January 25th, 2016 Start Date

ladyj_srq

Yesterday should have been another tough one. I did a show on the beach. This is a monthly event and the client provides so much pizza, it's pretty much one whole pizza per person! Everybody was eating copious amounts of pizza around me and I looked at the pizza once, thought it looked good and that I'd like to have some, but then, I really didn't think too much about it at all. Once again, knowing I would be going into this environment, I packed my cooler with my whole30 lunch, (albacore tuna salad in half a yellow pepper, carrots and guacamole). I was absolutely fine and really enjoyed my lunch on a beautiful day at the beach. I've never been able to not eat the pizza at this event previously, so I'm really happy yesterday was so positive for me!

So my wife and I started on 1/25 as well and through the first week I was feeling good enjoying the food and surprisingly not snacking in between meals (I really thought that would be a problem).  What I was starting to get concerned about was the amount of time I was spending cooking and doing the dishes (I have been following the 7 day meal).  So for week two, I decided to try to get a head on a few things by making a bunch of sausage patties and egg muffins so I do not have to worry about breakfast along with a few other things.  I am glad I a did that as my mom fell on Mon night and is spending a few days in the hospital.  Because of the prep, I have been able to quickly pack something so I am not tempted by the hospital cafeteria plus I haven't had time to prep the past couple of nights

We were really concerned about actually making it 30 days, but so far it does not seem impossible anymore. I am knocking on wood as I type this.  The other thing we noticed over the weekend is how much of our going out time involved going out to a restaurant to eat or the movies (evil popcorn).  We are not quite ready to be tempted by the sweet, sweet smell of movie theater popcorn just yet.

Archived