Sugar?

beverlyb30

I didn't see sugar in the sample reintro schedule. Where does that fit in? I'm mainly interested in using honey, maple syrup or dates as a sweetener or use ketchup or BBQ sauce that has some sweetener in it. I want to have yogurt when I reintro dairy, but I like to add a little maple syrup to it along with some fruit. That would be adding 2 things at once. 

What do you recommend for reintroducing sweeteners? 

First off, don't reintro two off plan ingredients at once, if you can help it. I'd recommend yogurt on dairy day, and then honey on your sugar/sweetener day, for example.

As far as what sweeteners to reintro, that's your call, depending on what you're curious about and/or would like to eat again.

I know what sweeteners I want to reintroduce. I'm struggling with when and how to do it. the things I would normally use a sweetener with are off-plan foods like yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes or French toast. The only other things I would use sweeter in would be condiments like sriracha sauce, ketchup, and BBQ sauce.

I guess I just answered my own question for how. But is there a suggestion for when? Maybe I'll plan superbowl day to be my sugar day so I can have honey-BBQ  wings or honey-sriracha-but-otherwise-compliant meatballs. 

OK. I think I have a plan now. 

Archived