no whining just doing it-starting january 25th

Misfreedom

Don't have a ton of weight to lose but want my mental clarity, energy and peace around food back. Love food don't like the effects of some of it so here I go getting clean and lean this month. If you want to join in on this conversation for support and encouragement then please do I would love the support however if you want to complain about how hard it is or how you just "cheated a little" please feel free to read these posts but not leave your stuff here. Sorry to be harsh but want this to be a conversation that is positive and affirming. Its only 30 days. We can do this. ITS NOT HARD

Sorry I didn't have time to post yesterday. I did complete my first day. I ate too many almonds. I have to remember they are a condiment NOT a meal! Dinner was some delicious sole with capers and ghee and lemon as well as that yummy creamed spinach from the whole30 cookbook. Soooo yum! Had a great workout today followed by an hour yoga. Feels so good to take care of myself and do things that make me feel energized and joyful. I'm reminded that although I'm not mad at cheeseburgers and cupcakes I just really feel so much more alive eating this life giving food and you know what?how blessed are we to live in a country where we have such beautiful food at our finger tips. Having lamb tonight with some roasted cauliflower. It's a good day

ok. Hand full of nuts before dinner. Done. dinner should be ready in an hour. I'm so hungry. I do a HIIT class for 90 min and on those days my appetite can just get huge. So far so good today. Feel soon much better after just three days. I have to say though that I think I am starting my day count over because I found out that the peppers they have on the olive bar in whole foods have friggin sugar in them! :angry: So, in the interest of "Whole" I will start today as day one as I had the peppers in my salad last night. (my darling supportive husband pointed out that there may be sugar in the peppers)

• Moderators

ok. Hand full of nuts before dinner. Done. dinner should be ready in an hour. I'm so hungry. I do a HIIT class for 90 min and on those days my appetite can just get huge. So far so good today. Feel soon much better after just three days. I have to say though that I think I am starting my day count over because I found out that the peppers they have on the olive bar in whole foods have friggin sugar in them! :angry: So, in the interest of "Whole" I will start today as day one as I had the peppers in my salad last night. (my darling supportive husband pointed out that there may be sugar in the peppers)

Are you having a post-workout meal after your workout? It makes seythat when you exercise, you need more fuel, plus the lean protein in a post-wo is meant to help muscle recovery, and the starchy vegetables help replenish glycogen in the muscles.

• Moderators

Also, some fruit or some kind of carb before is necessary.

Nope, no fruit pre- or post-workout, no carbs pre-workout. Protein & fat before, protein & carb (in the form of starchy vegetables, not fruit) after.  The meal template lists this, as well as what your other meals should look like. This article talks about what you should have for post-workout and why. The reasoning behind not having fruit or carbs pre-workout is that you are working to become fat adapted, and if you keep giving your body easily accessible carbs for energy before workouts, it will have a harder time switching over to using fat for energy. 

I started on Monday...and it's NOT hard!  I thought I would have a much tougher time!  The only thing I really miss is gum, mostly out of habit...then I read an article posted on here somewhere about some less than pleasant gum "side effects"...now not so much!

Going to stay focused and get through the weekend!  ;)

Good luck to you!

Archived