Meal Timing - when should i eat?

LiniM13

Hi! I'm planning to start my Whole30 on Feb 1st. and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on when the most appropriate times for me to eat? :) This is what I currently do...

5.00am - Wake up and head straight to the gym

6.00am - Breakfast, then Study (I'm a student) til noon.

12.00pm - Lunch

6.00pm - Dinner

8.30pm - Bed

I'm in northern Australia, so dawn is about 5.15am and dusk about 6.45pm. My little boy gets home from school at 3.30 and i'll prepare an afternoon snack for him and then we usually go to the park for an hour or so.

My biggest issues are firstly, eating within an hour of waking and secondly, when do I fit in pre/post WO meals in?

I would love to hear any suggestions!!!! :)

• Moderators

What you currently do does not fit our recommendations of eating within one hour of waking and consuming a pre- and post-workout meal on days you train. So, eat a pre-workout meal of protein and fat before going to the gym. Eat lean protein and (optionally) a starchy veggie at the gym after working out. Eat breakfast after you get home and then you should be fine with the rest of your schedule.

Details of how much to eat and the composition of pre- and post-workout meals are in the meal planning template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Archived