Should I continue?

ceveritte

Hi! So I hit day 30 quite a while ago and decided to continue going since I didn't feel like I had gotten everything I wanted from the experience (mostly meal planning and mindset stuff). Anyway, Today is day 50 and I am starting to feel like I should start my reintroduction. However, I am worried that I am not mindset healthy for this since the only thing I really miss is sweet tooth/emotional related (chocolate, ice cream, and grains). I would just continue going until these cravings for emotional eating subsided (do they ever really?). I usually crave these things when I am on either side  of thez spectrum (extremely happy, extremely sad).

I would continue going, but I have a conference in DC to go to in about 2 weeks and will not have access to a stove, microwave, or fridge. 

Is it better to reintroduce now that way I am prepared to eat at the conference (food is provided)? I dont want to screw up my reintroduction OR all the hard work Ive done so far. 

Note: I am not a moderator. I have learned that I have difficulty doing things in moderation and I am terrified that this conference will send me on a binge.

• Administrators

I would reintroduce the things you may want to bring back into your diet so you can see how they affect you.  That said, maybe don't think of the conference as "have to eat whatever they offer" or "get to eat all the things", I would think of it more like "I know how foods affect me.  I'll still make the best possible decisions but if I have to waver, at least I know what to waver with and how I'll feel."

• Moderators

I think you could easily go to a conference and not eat chocolate, ice cream or grains.  If you feel that these are trigger foods, then it's likely that your plan would be to abstain from these.  You could easily re-intro dairy and legumes and alcohol before the conference... if you're fine with these, then that opens up a larger grouping of food that you can eat but there's no way that the main courses are going to be cake covered in ice cream and chocolate so you should be able to eat reasonably well if you steer clear of the dessert cart and stay away from waffles in the morning.

Archived