Day 6- Stomach/intestinal issues

SGFoodie

Hello, I wanted to see if anyone had an insights as if to my symptoms are normal and tips to get through them?!

I'm on day 6 and i'm having stomach and intestinal issues (stomach pains (sharp at times), nausea at times, no appetite (especially in the morning), and diarrhea). I feel like it's getting worse each day.

I'm drinking plenty of water and I thought my meals are ok. This week are having:

Breakfast red potatoes, chicken sausage, cucumber, avocado with half a banana 

Lunch: Baked coconut chicken, asparagus, sweet potato

Dinner: Cauliflower fried rice (mushrooms, onions, green onion, peppers) with ground turkey and side salad with tessemae dressing

Postwork: apple with almond butter

drinking about 100 l of water a day

I nearly had to force breakfast down this morning and try not to gag and in the end I just couldn't finish it :( 

Any tips? Is this a phase that will pass? My husband is doing it with me and he hasn't experiences any of these symptoms while eating the same food before whole30 and during whole30. 

Thank you in advance :) 

Hi There!

Sorry to hear that you are having some problems.

You could be having some issues with FODMAPs - These are foods that contain certain sugars that our bodies don't digest well.  You could check out Whole 30 FODMAP shopping list or you can Google The Paleo Mom Fodmaps (sorry I'm unable to link it) - this is an excellent article that will go more into depth with it.  Please see below where I have quickly highlighted the FODMAPs in your meals

Breakfast red potatoes, chicken sausage, cucumber, avocado with half a banana 

Lunch: Baked coconut chicken, asparagus, sweet potato

Dinner: Cauliflower fried rice (mushrooms, onions, green onion, peppers) with ground turkey and side salad with tessemae dressing

Postwork: apple with almond butter

drinking about 100 l of water a day

Try cutting back on the FODMAPs - you possibly don't have to eliminate them completely for the next 30 days - but I would definitely drop them for the next few days and see if things improve.

Also the need for a snack tells me that you are not eating enough overall.  But I also know you are having nausea issues.  Now it is very important to eat within an hour of waking in order to help your hormones regulate.  So what I suggest for the time being until you are feeling better is to make a full template meal.  Eat what you are able, and take what you are not able to eat with you.  So then when you are feeling a bit better you eat the rest of your meal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived