Breaking Free

free.bird

Food has been my life ever since i can remember... I can't enjoy anything unless there's food involved and I turn to food for comfort. I've been overweight/obese since I hit puberty and I also suffer from low self esteem. I've developed health problems and am at risk for several diseases. Every other aspect of my life has suffered because of my unhealthy relationship with food and it's the only reason for my unhappiness. It's taken over me and my life.

Every time I try to be healthy and stop eating unhealthy food and carbs, I fail. It's like a drug to me and gives me a temporary high that is difficult to give up because I crave it. I’m also too scared to give it up because I don't want to feel unhappy and bored. I keep making excuses and saying ‘tomorrow, I’ll start being healthy.’ But the truth is that it's only making me even more miserable and taking the true enjoyment out of everything.

I have to come out of my comfort zone and push my ease loving self to the limit. I have to face my negative emotions head on and deal with them head on instead of pushing them away with food. I have to learn to enjoy things without munching on something all the time. I have to stop making excuses and fooling myself into thinking I’ll start tomorrow because tomorrow never comes.

This is by far the hardest thing I have ever attempted but I CAN do this and I WILL do this. I want to amaze myself at the end of these 30 days by becoming successful. I'm that person that has never been successful in anything I've attempted. I'm lazy and weak willed. But I can be active and strong as well. It's up to me. It's my choice. A voice in my head keeps saying if I haven't succeeded in so many years, then this is probably just another attempt doomed to fail like all of the others. But it's up to me to make this attempt a failure or a success. It's all in my hands.

No matter what happens, no matter what goes right or wrong in every other aspect of my life, I HAVE to and I WILL, stick to this and succeed. Everything else will follow; this is the root of all my problems.

The start is always hard and the rest is easy, so what's a few days pain to an eternity of happiness?

Start Date: 1/27/2016

End Date: 2/25/2016

Archived