Day 1 (Again...)

Shaunna

Hi!

Today is day 1 of my whole30. I started last Tuesday and ended up cheating over the weekend. I'm ready to do this 110% and make no excuses. 30 days is really not long at all! I know I can do this :)

A few things I will do to aid in my success:

1. I will be posting my meals in "Your Whole30 Log" each day for accountability.

2. I will mark a big red X on my calendar for each day that passes.

3. I will do my best to get 8 hours of sleep each night.

4. I made a list of reasons to stick with the whole30 & not give up. When I feel weak or tempted I will review this list!

5. I'm also looking forward to the benefits of completing a whole30. Like more energy, clear mind & less migraines. And of course, weight loss is always a plus! :)

6. I will workout 3-5 times a week.

Day 1

breakfast - bacon, eggs, broccoli, water

lunch 1 - shrimp, brussel sprouts, water

lunch 2 - burger, broccoli, water

dinner - chicken sausage, swiss chard, homemade sweet potato fries, water

snacks - bacon, decaf green tea, water

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE THIS POST.

I love how you are tackling this project head-on, and writing out specific, measurable goals. I also love your "for when I'm tempted" list - I think if more people did this, fewer would fall off the wagon early on. Good for you, keep us posted.

Melissa

Check out The Eatery iphone app. Super simple and awesome way to track food simply by taking pics. No calorie counting involved and have found that looking at pics is much more powerful than reading lists of foods. Wish there was a way to create an exclusive paleo community on the app though. Hint, hint for you whole9 creatives.

I LOVE THIS POST.

I love how you are tackling this project head-on, and writing out specific, measurable goals. I also love your "for when I'm tempted" list - I think if more people did this, fewer would fall off the wagon early on. Good for you, keep us posted.

Melissa

Thank you Melissa! :)

Day 2 -

Breakfast - eggs, bacon, zucchini, water

Lunch - not hungry

Dinner - turkey breast, brussel sprouts, water

Snacks - larabar, water

Edit:

I had a few snacks around 8 pm after my workout. Avocado, bacon, broccoli.

I was very successful on my first Whole 30 back in November. I prepared for it before I started it - I highly recommend taking 2 weeks to work through how you can make it work for you. Begin the approach towards what you CAN have to eat versus what you cannot have. Clear those thngs out of the house and bring in those that are Whole30 approved. You are on the right track with accountability and the benefits your will derive. Keep on task - there really is no reason to fail. It's not like you can't eat - you can eat really wonderful food. Search the internet for favorable recipes based on items you like. I hadn't really cooked in 20 years or more - I had so much fun learning how to cook again and create new dishes.

I passed this program onto others who love the concept as much as I do. Since then, I stay about 85% focused on Whole30 and have only allowed a few foods back into my diet.

Day 3 -

breakfast - avocado, eggs, bacon, broccoli, water

lunch - shrimp, tomatoes, avocado, swiss chard, water

dinner - zucchini, marinara, ground beef, italian chicken sausage, water

snacks - larabar, sunflower seeds

Day 4 -

breakfast - avocado, eggs, bacon, italian chicken sausage, broccoli

lunch - didn't eat lunch

dinner - zucchini, marinara, ground beef, italian chicken sausage, eggs

snacks - strawberries, blackberries, bacon & 1 tbsp sun butter

today was tough, I'm still craving carbs and had a horrible migraine, but I still made good choices! :)

Day 5 -

breakfast - broccoli, eggs, bacon, avocado

lunch - did not eat (not hungry)

dinner - broccoli, chicken breast and guacamole

snacks - small apple

I have been eating the same things over and over. Is that okay or should I mix it up a bit? Also, I am rarely hungry mid-day, I find myself wanting a small snack rather than an actual lunch portion of food. Is this okay or should I force myself to eat more during lunch? Thanks!

I find that I stick to the same foods too lol I guess the routine makes planning less of a hassle:P

I think skipping lunch if you genuinely don't feel like eating is perfectly fine! Just don't feel bad if you occasionally want to eat a little more after eating less calories for a while. Keep up your great work! Thanks for all your encouragements over at my whole30 log<3 <3 <3

Day 6 -

I wasn't too hungry today and it was a lazy day where I did nothing but sit on my butt or lay in bed. I didn't have "breakfast, lunch, dinner". I had snacks here and there.

snacks - carne asada, guacamole, salsa, bacon, almond butter

I didn't eat any veggies today and I usually try and eat a vegetable with each meal. I will continue a serving of vegetables with each meal tomorrow morning.

Day 7 -

breakfast - eggs, bacon, asparagus

lunch - not hungry

dinner - carne asada, green bell pepper, salsa, eggs, avocado, broccoli

snacks - a few plantain chips, a few slices of apple, decaf green tea, a few blackberries

I'm a nanny and the kids eat pizza and sweets (my 2 favorites/weaknesses) here and there. I have to say, as of today, I didn't want any of the junk they were eating! It didn't even look appetizing to me and that is definitely a first for me. Can't wait to see how I feel on day 30! 23 days to go.

Day 8 -

breakfast - broccoli, hardboiled eggs, bacon

lunch - 2 ground beef burgers, brussel sprouts

dinner - broccoli, chicken breast

snacks - larabar, blueberries, small salad, hardboiled eggs, cantaloupe, plantain chips

Day 9 -

breakfast - bacon, eggs, green bell pepper, salsa, asparagus

lunch - burger, brussel sprouts

dinner - burger, eggs, swiss chard, avocado, green tea

snacks - larabar, strawberries, green tea

Day 10 -

breakfast - eggs, bacon (baked! most amazing thing ever), mushrooms, swiss chard, avocado, strawberries

lunch - nothing

dinner - salmon, broccoli, ground beef stuffed green bell pepper

snacks - bacon, strawberries, almond butter

Day 12 -

breakfast - not hungry

lunch - eggs, broccoli, avocado

dinner - chicken breast, avocado, bacon, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, sweet potato fries

snacks - strawberries, larabar, plantain chips

Archived