Day 1 (Again...)

Shaunna

Nice job on your W30 log! Keep it up... seems like it's smooth sailing for the most part.

I know we're all different, but what's your take on the Larabar as a snack? You seem to enjoy them. What are your favorites? Are most of them W30 compliant?

I'm sure they're delicious and I know they're possibly the healthiest commercial snack bar around. For me, I'm concerned about them being a substitute for non-W30 sweets that I love. I've been tempted to give them a try, especially since a co-worker gave me a couple to try. So far, they've been just sitting on my desk staring at me, daring me to dive in! :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job on your W30 log! Keep it up... seems like it's smooth sailing for the most part.

I know we're all different, but what's your take on the Larabar as a snack? You seem to enjoy them. What are your favorites? Are most of them W30 compliant?

I'm sure they're delicious and I know they're possibly the healthiest commercial snack bar around. For me, I'm concerned about them being a substitute for non-W30 sweets that I love. I've been tempted to give them a try, especially since a co-worker gave me a couple to try. So far, they've been just sitting on my desk staring at me, daring me to dive in! :D

Thanks Jim!

I haven't really craved sweets/sugar, so in my case, the Larabar doesn't really act as a substitute for sweets. I try to limit them but there are days when I am on the go and need a quick bite of something, anything, Paleo! I usually have a few bites and save the bar for another day, so it's not usually the whole Larabar. The only bar I eat is the Apple Pie (dates, almonds, unsweetened apples, walnuts, raisins & cinnamon).

You're doing it! Keep going! How are you feeling?

Thanks Emily! I feel great. I've noticed a huge increase in energy, that's for sure! I'm a nanny for 3 kids (4, 5 & 7) and feel like the days are only getting easier/shorter even though I'm working longer/harder days! :)

Day 14 -

breakfast - eggs, avocado, broccoli

lunch 1 - chicken breast, ground beef, zucchini, brussel sprouts

lunch 2 - ground beef, zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms

dinner - spaghetti squash, ground turkey, marinara

snacks - larabar, green tea

Looks like you're doing awesome! I started a Whole30 yesterday and have been looking for inspiration to get me through this month. I'm a nanny, too, and being around kids and their appetite is tough.

Looks like you're doing awesome! I started a Whole30 yesterday and have been looking for inspiration to get me through this month. I'm a nanny, too, and being around kids and their appetite is tough.

Good luck ah28! Yes, finally someone doing the whole30 who is a nanny and is constantly tempted! Haha. I am on day 15 and the past 2 weeks have gone by so fast! You can do it... I ALWAYS have a lunch bag that I bring to work and it's FILLED with tons of paleo food! I bring it with me everywhere I go so I can always grab something if I'm hungry.

Good luck to you!

Dannng Shaunna, your meals sound so balanced:) I'm so glad the w30 is working out well for both of us this second time around. You're totally kicking butt! Keep up the good work!

ps. Kudos to you for keeping up with 3 kids and still finding the time to eat healthfully. You're setting a great example for the young ones :D

There are two words in your log that just blow my mind... "not hungry".. seriously?? ohhhh lordy I hope one day to write those words... I'm really trying to learn to listen to my body,. hopefully eliminating all the "noise"(sugar, legumes, grains, etc.) will help me hear better. You are doing SUPER!

There are two words in your log that just blow my mind... "not hungry".. seriously?? ohhhh lordy I hope one day to write those words... I'm really trying to learn to listen to my body,. hopefully eliminating all the "noise"(sugar, legumes, grains, etc.) will help me hear better. You are doing SUPER!

Yes, Annie! I'm in shock myself. It's like my addiction to food is gone. I used to want anything & everything, at all times. I'd eat even when I wasn't hungry. Just because. Now I eat when I'm hungry and I feel great! No more sugar/junk food cravings at all! Just stick with it and you will succeed. :)

I'm late one day, but here is yesterday's log.

Day 16 -

breakfast - eggs, bacon, swiss chard, avocado, green tea

lunch - chicken, broccoli, avocado

dinner - not hungry

snacks - larabar, apple, green tea

Day 18 -

breakfast - eggs, bacon, sweet potato

lunch - green tea, chicken breast, bacon, larabar

snacks - none

dinner - bacon

Yes, such a bad day of eating. I haven't been feeling well today and those are the only foods that seemed appetizing. I usually am a stickler for veggies with every single meal. I will get back to that tomorrow.

I have discovered Larabars and I love them! I haven't had the cashew yet.. must try.. but the coconut cream IS the bomb!... I'm on day 6... can't say as I've experienced being "not hungry" yet.. but my cravings are down down down. yea!

OMG Shaunna! I remember the first time I tried Apple Pie, I literally had to look twice at what I was holding in my hand. It doesn't look like a piece of apple pie but tastes JUST like it! hahaha

Don't worry about the bacon day! Sometime, you just need the extra fat ;) One day of it won't undo 18 days of solid w30 eating;) the fact that you call THAT a "bad" day is proof that you're free from the SAD for good! Good job girliee!

OMG Shaunna! I remember the first time I tried Apple Pie, I literally had to look twice at what I was holding in my hand. It doesn't look like a piece of apple pie but tastes JUST like it! hahaha

Don't worry about the bacon day! Sometime, you just need the extra fat ;) One day of it won't undo 18 days of solid w30 eating;) the fact that you call THAT a "bad" day is proof that you're free from the SAD for good! Good job girliee!

Isn't the Apple Pie bar just amazing! I've decided to cut Larabars out for the rest of my whole30. And thank you :) I just loveee bacon and you're right! No more SAD! :) It feels good to be a paleo eater :)

Day 20 -

breakfast- bacon, broccoli, beef burger, strawberries

lunch - omelette with bacon, sausage, salsa and avocado, a few pieces of mixed fruit

dinner - not hungry

snacks - 5 blueberries

Day 21 -

breakfast - almond butter, blueberries, chicken

lunch - nothing

dinner - steak, shrimp, chicken, onions, avocado, tomato

I feel as each day passes I'm less and less hungry. Any moderators input would be much appreciated!

Shaunna, your meals all sound very tasty and well balanced. Are your breakfast portions big? Sometimes, when I eat a lot in the morning, I don't feel hungry at all for the rest of the day, which isn't a bad thing unless it's messing with your energy levels and stuff. I would love to hear from a moderator on this as well:)

NINE MORE DAYS!!!

I've heard Melissa and Dallas say multiple times that never being hungry is not normal. Hunger is largely regulated by some very important hormones in your body. These hormones react heavily to stress, rest, eating (and eating times), sleep, and blue light (use of TVs and computers). Here are a few tips you should try to implement to see if it helps with your hunger:

• try not to eat within the last 2 hours of the day before you go to bed.
  • eat first thing when you wake up, even if not overly hungry
  • get about 8 hours of sleep every night
  • Once the sun goes down, eliminate or reduce use of blue light emitting devices (your body perceives blue light as daylight and disrupts natural hormonal cycles in your body)
  • manage stress by practicing relaxation techniques

Archived