Day 1 (Again...)

Shaunna

Thanks Johnny. I should add that I wake up hungry almost every morning and eat a good sized meal with carbs (veggies), fats and protein. Then I don't feel hungry for another 4-5 hours and I've noticed a pattern where I am NOT hungry at all for dinner and the thought of food doesn't even cross my mind. It's usually dinner that I'm not hungry for.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm inspired by your journey....I'm on Day 2 and find that after my meals, approximately 60-90 minutes, I'm hungry again !! I've tried increasing my portion sizes slightly, but then I'm too full to finish.....I'm already noticing benefits though, such as reduced bloating and gas following meals :o) (this has become a major driving force in my starting W30)

On a side note: Plantain chips are W30 approved ?????? I love those things !!

I'm inspired by your journey....I'm on Day 2 and find that after my meals, approximately 60-90 minutes, I'm hungry again !! I've tried increasing my portion sizes slightly, but then I'm too full to finish.....I'm already noticing benefits though, such as reduced bloating and gas following meals :o) (this has become a major driving force in my starting W30)

On a side note: Plantain chips are W30 approved ?????? I love those things !!

Thanks Shelley! I can't believe I'm already on day 22. Please note that when I do eat plantain chips, I have 5-10 and then I put them away. I use them for emergencies! If you are constantly hungry I would suggest increasing your vegetable intake at each meal. When I eat vegetables they take up almost half of my plate. I try my best to eat them with breakfast, lunch and dinner! I'm actually going to go cook some brussel sprouts, kale and swiss chard for tomorrow since I work 12 hours. Good luck to you, please check back in frequently with updates! That is one of the key points for success (for me at least!).

Day 22 -

breakfast - eggs, bacon, broccoli, blueberries, strawberries

lunch - ground beef burger, tomatoes

dinner - ground lamb burger, brussel sprouts, unsweetened shredded coconut

snacks - walnuts, pistachios, green tea

Day 23 -

breakfast - eggs, bacon, broccoli

lunch - ground lamb burger, broccoli, brussel sprouts, strawberries, blueberries

dinner - meatloaf, asparagus

snacks - coconut flakes with sea salt and cinnamon

Hey Shaunna:) How are you feeling? It seems like you're eating more...is your appetite better?

BTW, I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE coconut flakes as a snack. It is so satisfying:) Hits every craving, sweet, crunchy, fatty, satisfying mmmmmm

Hey Shaunna:) How are you feeling? It seems like you're eating more...is your appetite better?

BTW, I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE coconut flakes as a snack. It is so satisfying:) Hits every craving, sweet, crunchy, fatty, satisfying mmmmmm

Hi Keren! I feel great and have been trying my best to remind myself to eat, even if it's just a few bites of protein or veggie here and there. It has helped! Although, I haven't had dinner yet and I'm not hungry one bit. It's so strange! And I wonder how often we can eat the coconut flakes? I am officially addicted!! How are you feeling! Can you believe tomorrow is day 25!? :)

Day 25 -

breakfast - bacon, asparagus

lunch - shrimp, asparagus

dinner - ground beef burgers, avocado, bacon, mushrooms, onions, asparagus, broccoli

snacks - strawberries, larabar, green tea

I know! Can you believe it? I have to be honest, I'm totally looking forward to a cheat meal the day after I finish my whole30! Just pizza & red wine... I really want to eat this way indefinitely, though, so I'm going to start another whole 30 on June 1st.

Day 27 -

No hunger at all today.

It is 8 pm and I haven't had anything except water. I don't like to force myself to eat, so I will eat tomorrow morning when I wake up, I'm sure I'll be hungry!

Aww, I'll still keep a log of my IBS healing journey:) This forum keeps me accountable and helps me track everything..super handy. Of course, I'll still read your updates and offer you support;) I'm so glad we found each other! hehe

Day 28 -

another snacking day... almond butter, bacon, coconut flakes, chicken breast, smoothie with banana, mango and strawberries. Today was a lazy day at the beach and I didn't really feel hungry... I really need to try to eat regular meals but some days I just feel like snacking here and there.

Today is Day 30! Yay! Even though it's not the END of day 30, I still weighed myself and I've lost 15 lbs! My skin has improved tons, less acne/breakouts/oily/dry skin. And the number one thing for me - NO MIGRAINES! I suffer from a migraine at least twice a month and I didn't have any during my whole30. I usually have bad anxiety and get anxiety attacks randomly, usually once or twice a week and my anxiety is way, way down! It feels great. I also have lots of energy now, much more than I did pre-whole30.

Archived