Starting TODAY! (January 27th)

amyfillinger

My husband and I are starting the whole 30 today. We originally planned to start on February 1st, but decided to move it up. My kids will be doing more of a modified whole 30, since they may spend some time with other family members. 

My #1 goal for this 30 days is to tame my "sugar dragon." I am already completely gluten free and I usually try to limit my dairy (not doing so well with that lately) but my sugar consumption is out of control. I also have about 10 pounds that I'd like to lose that I kept after baby #3, but that's not really a main goal. I know that cutting dairy and other offenders will help with bloating, which is another issue for me even without the gluten. I have some trouble sleeping and if the whole 30 helps, that would be awesome. I don't expect this to cure everything, I just want to start fresh and do better in general with food choices. My husband has bigger issues than I do but I won't go into that. He isn't gluten free (although we eat mostly gluten free at home) and has less paleo/whole 30 knowledge than me, so I really hope he sticks with it. Fingers crossed! I am excited to meet people who are going through the whole 30. I started a whole 30 before but didn't have much support and didn't make it. This time I will do it!

Good morning, I just started two days ago.  Failed by eating graham cracker.  Had to have a crunch sound.  Yesterday I did good, actually, I almost forgot to eat lunch as I was still full from breakfast of, sweet potato cut up after cooked, added some cinnamon and walnuts.  I liked it.   I went shopping yesterday for foods.  Right now, I'm drinking a smoothie of,  Kale, Spinach, Frozen blueberries and 1/2 orange, water, and 1/4 dried coconut milk.   I will probably not have any more fruit the rest of the day.  Also, I will have 3 pieces of  1/2 dollar size broiled chicken pieces I cooked up yesterday.   As I sit here, I've got green beans in the crock pot, and boiling beets.   Good luck to you and husband.   I started a couple years ago with eliminating gluten, and also for awhile the dairy.  I can do this, just need to keep motivated and support will be great here.   I'm here for you. 

I was planning on a February 1 start, too, but inadvertently had a Whole30 day on Wednesday and just decided, why not?

This is my first Whole30. I have been mostly dairy free for the last 6 years, but this is my first time eliminating everything else. I am doing this because I just don't feel good! Since I had daughter #2 in October of 2013, but body has never recovered. Weird aches, joint pain, stomach, back issues I never had prior. Fingers crossed.

Have you guys experienced any of the typical side effects yet? I managed without a headache, but did have a couple of "kill all the things" days. This was even worse since I have a cold!

I hope your weekends went well!

Good morning,  I have found drinking tea is helpful to my cravings of carbs!   I have green tea, chamomile, and black tea on hand.   I do feel less bloated, tempted to weigh myself.  but I won't.   Yesterday also, I listened to a book on cd and drew a picture with my colored pencils.  I think for myself, if I have this goal of health, and put my focus on another goal, like an art project, it will help.   Mind, Body, and Soul.

I am at school in my office and attempting to get some work done, but am hungry. I know I didn't get enough protein for breakfast and it's kicking me in the butt now! I went ahead and ate my lunch as a late breakfast and I am trying to drink, drink, drink to keep my mind off of it.  I do have some almonds, apple or Larabar if I need it, but want to try to hold off until a little closer to lunchtime. 

I was feeling pretty amazing today, too! I still feel energetic, but this HUNGER! I will not repeat this mistake!!!

I love tea, too. I have some TAZO passion and it's great hot or cold. I was under the weather this weekend and had some Throat Coat tea. It was delicious!

Good morning,  I have found drinking tea is helpful to my cravings of carbs!   I have green tea, chamomile, and black tea on hand.   I do feel less bloated, tempted to weigh myself.  but I won't.   Yesterday also, I listened to a book on cd and drew a picture with my colored pencils.  I think for myself, if I have this goal of health, and put my focus on another goal, like an art project, it will help.   Mind, Body, and Soul.

Green tea has helped me so much!

Archived