Foodie starting first Whole30-- hoping for mental clarity and metabolic improvement

foodlovenotfoodwar

Hello everyone (or I should say, anyone, since I don't know how many folks go around reading intros!) :P

This is my very first Whole30 and I'm on Day 2. (I started my log on Day 1 but forgot about intro, oops!)

I've read a lot online in preparation, but I'm still new to exploring the forum and I'm still reading the books, sort of concurrently (I go back and forth).  I discovered the Whole30 through my sister in law who has done two of them and is on her third, but we are not close so I don't expect much support from her.  Hence I figured I'd come here and see how it goes!

My hopes for the program are to really repair the hot mess that is my current metabolism.  I have also realized over time that I likely also am experiencing the symptoms of undiagnosed ADHD.  As a graduate student who wants to finish and be a successful professional in a few months, I feel it is time to address this.  There is a lot of research suggesting that avoiding sugar, gluten, and dairy can be beneficial for this as well.

So I feel like I really found Whole30 at a serendipitous time.  I knew I needed to do SOMETHING, and I was intimidated by the thought of cutting out sugar, gluten, and dairy all at the same time until I found Whole30 and found it was just structured enough to be doable for me.  It's also the very first thing that's ever made sense to me.  Eat real food, nourish your body, don't starve yourself.  Logic! :D

Hello everyone (or I should say, anyone, since I don't know how many folks go around reading intros!) :P

This is my very first Whole30 and I'm on Day 2. (I started my log on Day 1 but forgot about intro, oops!)

I've read a lot online in preparation, but I'm still new to exploring the forum and I'm still reading the books, sort of concurrently (I go back and forth).  I discovered the Whole30 through my sister in law who has done two of them and is on her third, but we are not close so I don't expect much support from her.  Hence I figured I'd come here and see how it goes!

My hopes for the program are to really repair the hot mess that is my current metabolism.  I have also realized over time that I likely also am experiencing the symptoms of undiagnosed ADHD.  As a graduate student who wants to finish and be a successful professional in a few months, I feel it is time to address this.  There is a lot of research suggesting that avoiding sugar, gluten, and dairy can be beneficial for this as well.

So I feel like I really found Whole30 at a serendipitous time.  I knew I needed to do SOMETHING, and I was intimidated by the thought of cutting out sugar, gluten, and dairy all at the same time until I found Whole30 and found it was just structured enough to be doable for me.  It's also the very first thing that's ever made sense to me.  Eat real food, nourish your body, don't starve yourself.  Logic! :D

That last part is exactly what got me.. you can't really argue the logic of eating things that make you more healthy not less healthy. Such a simple concept.. 

Welcome, and good luck! Hope you find all the support you need. 

Archived