Day 25 and back to feeling like Day 4

Hi All,

I'm done with day 25 and so so happy I've made this decision to take better care of myself. It has truly been an eye awakening experience.

I was feeling amazing last week! This week I've been having sleeping issues, headaches, and have that foggy/ not totally present feeling I experienced my first week. Am also fairly bloated again.

I've been compliant and sticking to pretty much same routine... Has anyone else experienced this? I want to feel the same way I did the last 2 weeks... Thoughts?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lauren

• Moderators

Can you post a few days of your meals including meal timing, portion sizes and fluid intake and we can see if we can help? Ideally, post what you were eating when you felt great AND what you're eating now so we can compare and see if there's anywhere to make some tweaks.

I haven't been keeping track that well... But last few days:

Meal 1:

- coffee with coconut milk (2)

- shepard's pie (from whole 30 cookbook); some mornings egg salad w carrots, celery, roasted tomato, and homemade mayo

Lunch:

- chicken W gravy (NomNom)

- zucchini noodles (or other left over veg)

Dinner:

- London Broil (have been going heavier on portion size last few days bc so tired)

- 1/2 avo with roasted tomatoes and lemon

- roasted Brussel sprouts

Can always drink more water but generally carry a tea cup (herbal tea) and keep filling it throughout day

Today after dinner still really low energy so had a tablespoon cashew butter with some shredded coconut

flakes (unsweetened)

Stress level during day definitely high S I am in back to back meetings during work-day and my personal workload is growing.

Overtired at night, and still can't fall asleep. Wake up super groggy.

Thanks SugarcubeOD!

• Moderators

Okay well I do see fat, veg and protein at every meal so that's great! It's really hard to tell portion sizes here tho... are you getting 1-3 cups of veggies at each meal?

Stress can play a HUGE role in how you're feeling and it can't always be fixed with food unfortunately.

Lack of sleep is also a major contributor... have you thought about taking a magnesium supplement? Natural Calm can help with digestion and bowel movements as well as help you sleep... pretty much everyone is magnesium deficient due to the lack of nutrients left in our soil so it wouldn't hurt anyway.

You may want to also consider moving those starchy carbs from breakfast down to dinner. Some people say they sleep better that way and you could be the type of person that a starch makes you feel sleepy, so it would help with night time and also not feeling groggy in the day (if that's how starchy carbs affect you... only way to know is to try moving them).

Keep on that water consumption... dehydration can make you feel just nasty... I don't know how much you weigh but I hope that's a BIG teacup because even if you're tiny, you'd have to be filling it an awful lot if it's a standard teacup/mug.

Do any of these things seem like things you can try to help?

So so helpful!!! Thank you- cannot wait to refocus and incorporate this tomorrow.Will try the magnesium... Have valerian root tea but find it makes me more groggy in am and doesn't help falling asleep.

I do think my protein and fT portions are too big but still working those through. I plan to keep this type of meal plan going after the 30 (possibly add in a few more Paleo items) as I've been eating really poorly for years and through this time I've felt and seen glimpses of the 'old me' :)

• Moderators

ACK! Valerian root tea... I've never heard anyone say a good thing about it... it gave me such bad nightmares that I would wake up screaming... my mom too... I've heard others saying that it may help them get to sleep but they feel really drugged in the morning...stay awaaaay!

Make sure your room is dark, cool and quiet and turn screen time off an hour before bed. Reading a good old fashioned paper book is a good way to help relax as is a nice warm shower or bath!

• Moderators

One other thing about sleeping... for a few days, go to bed when you're feeling like you could fall asleep. If that's 7pm, then off to bed you go... getting overtired is a horrid cycle but if you can catch up on some sleep by going to bed when you're truly feeling like dozing off, that should help too! Sometimes I"m so tired at 730 I could go to bed and if I stay up even an extra hour it's harder to wind down... so nip that before you get that second wind!

Lol- yeah, not a fan of the V root tea either :)

I did realize something today - can't believe I didn't recognize before. Work has been so busy that I'm not eating my meals in a single sitting... So grazing at breakfast for hours and then start lunch around 4. I'm sure that is playing a big role. Mood and sugar levels all over the place.

And I've had this headache/ sinus pressure for 3 days now. Oh well... Can only get better from here :)

• Moderators

Lol- yeah, not a fan of the V root tea either :)

I did realize something today - can't believe I didn't recognize before. Work has been so busy that I'm not eating my meals in a single sitting... So grazing at breakfast for hours and then start lunch around 4. I'm sure that is playing a big role. Mood and sugar levels all over the place.

And I've had this headache/ sinus pressure for 3 days now. Oh well... Can only get better from here :)

Try and make eating your meals a priority… I know it’s hard but if you look at it this way… people who smoke go outside and take their 10 or 15 min uninterrupted (multiple times a day) and that is somehow socially and work acceptable but stopping what you’re doing to eat is less so… if someone can go for a smoke break, you can take 15 min twice a day to eat your meal from start to finish.  Sure, ideally, you would have longer than 10 or 15 min but even that short uninterrupted time is better than grazing through the day… 

Archived