Eggs are KILLING me

Jess30

OMG... I am having such a hard time with certain foods. I had Chicken with Avacado & Tomato the other night and was up until 11 with horrible stomach pains and diarrhea. Well, Then the next morning it was the same scenario when I had fried eggs in Coconut oil with a veggie. So I figured...maybe its high fat foods... So nixed avacados & eggs. Yesterday I had just bacon and veggies for b-fast and I was A-Okay. (i know thats still high fat, but i gave it a shot) So today I tried egg whites. Hardboiled. INTENSE stomach pain... I feel awful! Anyone else have issues with Eggs? If so, what on earth do you eat for b-fast?

I have issues with Avos - they literally give me a food baby stomach.  (TMI Alert!!) Also they constipate me, and when I do go it's ummm explosive?

Boiled eggs do have a tendency to be harder on the system.  So maybe if you chose to eat them - have them scrambled.  For the most part I go low on egg consumption mainly because I get inflammation from eating eggs - but I still eat mayo.  

I ate 2 - 3 eggs every morning for roughly 1.5 years before figuring out that they actually were causing my knee and hip to ache.  And my hands to remain dry and cracked.  So personally I think it's more or less your body way of telling you that you've had enough. I mean with a whole 30 you have a tendency of increasing your egg intake from where it was before....  So it doesn't mean that you will never be able to eat an egg a again - it just means your body has had enough of them and it's time to move on.

Yep. My first W30 back in July made me realize I am intolerant to eggs. Same intense cramps & diarrhea that you described, and now I have tried them in smaller amounts and still get the problems (though it is proportionate to how much egg I eat).

Definitely miss them! But will try reintroducing in a year or so.

My breakfasts now look like any other meal. Chicken, ground beef, pork sausage etc with the veg & fat.

So this is my third whole30 and for a change I decided to cut way back on eggs (only eat them in a recipe). I ended up having to eat them twice because they were the only protein I had on hand and I noticed immediately I felt different after eating them. Nothing insane, just noticed a change in how I felt and my stomach popped out like it use to when I had a large diet coke. For my first two Whole30's I ate huge amounts and probably in almost every meal and did not notice this. I am unsure if it is a change or if I was just eating SO bad before I did not notice?? Might be the problem?

Archived