Slept through breakfast and lunch!

meleigh

Hi guys. I need a bit of help. I'm on day 12 of my first Whole30. I've been fighting a cold/virus for the last 4 days or so. This cold has taken down most of my friends, so I've been lucky to just feel kinda bleh, with a little congestion and a low fever. I have been super tired though, and today I just could not get out of bed. I ended up sleeping until 1 p.m. (right through breakfast and lunch) and when I woke up I was lightheaded and hungry. I immediately had an apple and homemade cashew butter (made with added coconut oil) and then homemade chicken and veggie soup. I started to feel better immediately, but two hours later I am shakey, cloudy and a little lightheaded again. I honestly don't know if I am hungry - I'm still learning how my hunger cues work. So, here's the question: If I go without eating for a super long time (like sleeping through breakfast and lunch ) how do I adjust my meals for the rest of the day to make up for it and keep body happy? Any thoughts?

Your body is doing extra work right now fighting this virus, so you will need at least as much food as normal, if not more. I would make sure to get as much food as you normally have, so that would mean making your remaining meals bigger or eating another mid-afternoon meal. My sense is that the first option would be preferred since we try to avoid snacking on W30. Having said that, if you think that the food helped you feel better, listen to your body and eat something! :-)

I hear ya. I began my whole30 knee deep with full blown bacterial pneumonia. Eat eat eat and stay compliant. Eat the grass fed pasture raised hippie beef, piggies, eggs chickens etc. makes all the difference. And read those labels, better yet, stick with as much as you can by buying fresh produce, fruits etc. so theres nothing hidden. Follow the lists from ISWF AND ALL IS GOOD. With all the medications and steroids I was pumped up with, I found this way of eating as my life preserver that rescued me from literally drowning in my own fluid from lungs etc. the inflammation was going away faster than I ever imagined. Was feeling really good after my first two weeks completed to where I could go back to work. Which seven years ago I had pneumonia and I was out for two almost three months. I'm 41 and have more health issues than back then so I was AMAZED!!! At the results from a health standpoint.

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. Which WILL happen...... Just stick with it. :-)

Archived