Yogi Teas-sabotaged myself

LindaC

What I thought was day 25 turned into something not so good.  I've followed the plan perfectly or so I though until I read something that made me go back to the Yogi Tea site and look again at the ingredients in their teas.  When  first checked out the site at the beginning of my Whole30, I didn't see anything that had forbidden ingredients in the bedtime tea.  Went back to the site and under the list of ingredients they use, stevia leaf was listed and it had all the teas with the leaf 

So what turned out to be Day 25 was actually nothing at all since a cup of Yogi Bedtime Tea is what I had been having every night since I started.  

Back to day 1 today.  Sigh!

What I thought was day 25 turned into something not so good.  I've followed the plan perfectly or so I though until I read something that made me go back to the Yogi Tea site and look again at the ingredients in their teas.  When  first checked out the site at the beginning of my Whole30, I didn't see anything that had forbidden ingredients in the bedtime tea.  Went back to the site and under the list of ingredients they use, stevia leaf was listed and it had all the teas with the leaf 

So what turned out to be Day 25 was actually nothing at all since a cup of Yogi Bedtime Tea is what I had been having every night since I started.  

Back to day 1 today.  Sigh!

LindaC, check the ingredients list on your package.  Products change all the time, so the package ingredients list should be accurate, whereas the website may differ.  You may not have been having tea with stevia leaf after all.  Check the package. I hope it's not in there. Not sure if that is a restart situation or not.

Well, now it appears to not be a restart situation after all.  I did check the ingredients on the Yogi tea box and Stevia Leaf is NOT listed so I think I can assume I am safe and in a few days I will be through my first Whole30!  I plan on going on though and doing a Whole60 just to be on the really safe side!  I don't understand why the Yogi Tea website would differ from what is on the package though.  Kind of frustrating!

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. Ack! I went through two very dramatically successful Whole30s before I realized that the organic chicken broth I'd been using had honey in it!!!!! I read the label, multiple times, and I just didn't see it! I have no idea why. I still pick up that brand of broth every so often to check, and about half the time I see it and about half the time I don't. It's always there, but the print is so small, I miss it about half the time.

Argh.

• Moderators

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. Ack! I went through two very dramatically successful Whole30s before I realized that the organic chicken broth I'd been using had honey in it!!!!! I read the label, multiple times, and I just didn't see it! I have no idea why. I still pick up that brand of broth every so often to check, and about half the time I see it and about half the time I don't. It's always there, but the print is so small, I miss it about half the time.

Argh.

How bizarre! Luckily honey isn't a gut disruptor!!

Other than that, I've been pretty true to the program.  After two weeks, I was feeling great, but then my cough really kicked in and I've started to feel pretty bad.  I always carry plenty of water because I've not wanted to take any cough drops.  Today, two days away from the end of the 30 days, I just had to take some allergy pills since I am feeling so bad from coughing.  I'm hoping the pills tame the cough enough so I can start over and have a 100% pure WH30.

I recently wrong a very long diatribe about breaking my W30 on day 28 due to unknown soy lecithin in my herbal tea so I can truly relate to this thread.

Amy S, I too have read lables over and over and STILL missed non compliant ingredients. Thought it was only me. It is extremely difficult to label proofread. I learned the hard way that it requires 100% of my focus so I cannot do it successfully if I am rushed or in any way distracted.

• Moderators

I think you will find that the moderators will say that such a tiny slip up (unbeknownst to you!) would definitely NOT be a reason to start over if you don't want to!!!!!

We would refer the poster to this article http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/and tell them that it's their choice on what to do... soy is a huge gut disruptor so depending on where someone is in their program would make a difference too.  In this case, it turned out not to be an issue!

Archived