JulieP's Non-Whole 30 Log

JulieP757

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had about a cup of frozen cherries topped w a couple Tbsp coconut milk and a sprinkle of coconut and almonds after M2.  Really wanting fruit today, and since I don't feel well, I'm eating it.

M3 - leftover pork tenderloin w a Tbsp of cherry plum sauce, roasted kabocha squash and green beans.  

M1 - 2 egg flaxseed pancake topped w ghee and fresh strawberries, 3 pc bacon and black coffee

M2 - spaghetti squash w meat sauce and sautéed power greens

M3 - leftover pork tenderloin w a Tbsp of cherry plum sauce, roasted kabocha squash and green beans.

M1 - breakfast hash topped w 3 over easy eggs

M2 - spaghetti squash w meat sauce and sautéed power greens

M3 - leftover pork tenderloin w a Tbsp of cherry plum sauce, roasted kabocha squash and green beans.  1/2 cup frozen cherries topped w coconut milk and a sprinkle of almonds and coconut

M1- flaxseed pancake topped w sliced strawberries and bananas, 2 scrambled eggs and 1 1/2 cups golden pepper soup

M2 - baked salmon, roasted cauliflower and a slice of kabocha squash

M2- chocolate avocado smoothie (coconut milk, 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, 2/3 of an avocado and a scoop of vanilla whey powder that is sweetened w Stevia)

ThyPeace - they are the best thing ever :)

Beat together:

2 eggs

2 Tbsp flaxseed meal  

1/2 tsp baking powder

sprinkle of cinnamon and/or a splash of vanilla

Pour into a 6 or 7 inch nonstick skillet that's coated with a couple tsps of ghee and cook over medium heat until it sets up and is nice and brown on bottom.  Flip it over and cook until it puffs up and browns on the other side.  Let it get good and set up or it will fall apart when you try to flip it.

I like King Arthur brand of flaxseed meal, because it's more finely milled, but Bob's Red mill works okay too.  If you buy Bob's, look for the golden flaxseed meal.  I think it tastes better than the brown stuff.   The original recipe called for a tsp of sweetener, but I don't need that anymore.  I like it best topped w fruit - berries and bananas are my favorite.  If I'm feeling naughty, I might drizzle a tsp of real maple syrup on top too.

Brunch out at Carrabbas:  cup of chicken vegetable soup, salad of spinach and baby greens topped w grilled shrimp and scallops, roasted red peppers and kalamata olives and dressed w italian dressing.  Bowl of frozen cherries w coconut milk and a sprinkle of almonds and coconut when I got home (at least I didn't eat the tiramisu)

M2 - TBD, but I am thinking steak...

M2 - big salad of baby greens and spinach, carrots, radish, cucumber, red pepper and tomato dressed w avocado oil and EVOO, steak topped w caramelized onions and baby bella mushrooms, small baked potato topped w ghee and a tbsp of sour cream.  So good!

Thanks, Julie, those sound interesting.  I don't think I have flaxseed meal in the freezer right now.  Used to use it in smoothies all the time, back before I realized that smoothies aren't the smartest thing for me.

ThyPeace, made them with Greek yogurt before realizing that lactose was my enemy.

Still sleeping off the bronchitis.  Didn't get up until 10:30, so it's brunch again.

Brunch- spaghetti squash topped w a generous amount of meaty spaghetti sauce, salad w lots of veggies - broccoli, peppers, cucumbers, carrots, radishes and a whole small avocado dressed w avocado oil and lemon juice, 3 big strawberries

Planning to head back to the gym this evening - finally.  I'll have a mini-meal of leftover steak w mushrooms and onions sautéed in ghee around 4:00.

Dinner will be paleo meatloaf, baked sweet potato w ghee and maybe some asparagus.

Dinner was delicious.  I tried the "Johnny's Meatloaf" recipe I saw on this forum.  It had a great texture - the ground up mushrooms make a huge difference.  The only thing I would do differently is leave out the thyme.  I had reduced it to a fraction of what the recipe called for, but to me, it just didn't fit.  And I think I would mix all the ketchup into the meatloaf and leave it off the top.   I found some kabocha squash in the fridge that needed to be eaten and I made garlic roasted cauliflower and broccoli to go with it.  

M1- eggs scrambled in ghee, 3 pc thin compliant bacon, 1 1/2 cups golden pepper soup, black coffee

M2 - last of the spaghetti squash and meat sauce with a few handfuls of power greens mixed in

M3 -meatloaf, garlic roasted cauliflower and broccoli, about 1/3 of a baked sweet potato w ghee and a few strawberries

Darn it - I fell from grace again last night.  Seems like every 30 days I lose my mind.  ate 10 hershey's kisses and a big handful of raisins.  I just can't leave the sugar alone.  Back on the wagon today.

M1 - breakfast hash (new version - ground pork w sage, s&p, red pepper flakes), turnips, onions, mushrooms, peppers, power greens, topped w 3 over easy eggs w a couple bites sweet potato, black coffee (lots of black coffee because I slept like crap - thank you sugar)

M2 - big salad of baby greens, spinach, power greens, carrots, cucumber, tomato, broccoli, avocado, pepper, topped w tuna in olive oil and a hb egg and dressed w lemon juice and EVOO

M3 - paleo meatloaf w baked sweet potato w ghee, roasted garlic cauliflower and broccoli

I was not hungry for M3 at all last night.  I managed to eat about 1/3 of it.  Woke up hungry at 2:30 am, fell back asleep and was not hungry in the least when I got up this morning.  I ate within the first hour anyhow...

M1 - breakfast hash (new version - ground pork w sage, s&p, red pepper flakes), turnips, onions, mushrooms, peppers, power greens, topped w 2 over easy eggs, 2 c black coffee 

M2 - big salad of baby greens, spinach, power greens, carrots, cucumber, tomato, broccoli, avocado, pepper, topped w tuna in olive oil and a hb egg and dressed w lemon juice and EVOO

M3 - paleo meatloaf w baked sweet potato w ghee, roasted asparagus

Need to finish off the paleo meatloaf today, so having it for M2 and M3L

M1 - breakfast hash (new version - ground pork w sage, s&p, red pepper flakes), turnips, onions, mushrooms, peppers, power greens, topped w 2 over easy eggs, 2 c black coffee 

M2 - paleo meatloaf w baked sweet potato w ghee, roasted asparagus

M3 - paleo meatloaf w baked sweet potato w ghee, garlic roasted broccoli

What is wrong with people?

Today one of my coworkers was eating a brown rice concoction for breakfast.  Our conversation went as follows:

Her - Do you like brown rice?

Me - I don't eat grains at all.

Her - Gasp - what do you do for carbs?  Your body needs grains.

Me- I eat vegetables - lots of vegetables - and my body does just fine without grains.  No one NEEDS to eat grains.  I get plenty of carbs from vegetables.

Her - Vegetables have carbs?

Friday during lent...

M1 - flaxseed pancake topped w ghee, strawberries and half a banana, 2 scrambled eggs, black coffee

M2 - big salad w baby greens, spinach, carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, broccoli, avocado topped w hb egg and tuna in olive oil dressed w avocado oil and lemon

M3- baked salmon, garlic roasted broccoli, baked sweet potato w ghee

I had to have a mini M4 last night.  I guess working 12 hours a day all week caught up with me.  My stomach was growling big time last night and I have a hard time sleeping if I am hungry.

Mini-M4  1 hb egg, garlic roasted broccoli, half a banana (the other half to the one from M1) w a tbsp of cashew butter.

Today:

M1 - breakfast hash topped w 2 over easy eggs.  Black coffee.

That's all I have right now.  I bought three more bunches of broccoli last night.  That garlic roasted broccoli is just about the best veggie ever.  I don't even like garlic, but I LOVE that recipe.  So tasty, it's addictive.  I think the red pepper flakes and squeeze of lemon is what transforms it into wonderfulness.

I use avocado oil when I make it:

http://paleogrubs.com/roasted-broccoli-recipe

Went to the gym and walked 3 miles on the treadmill.  I'm easing back into my exercise routine.  I can't believe I'm still coughing after a month of bronchitis - it just won't let go.

M2 was carnitas, a BIG baked sweet potato topped w ghee, coconut milk and a sprinkle of almonds and a veggie salad of cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, green peppers and olives.  I started w half the sweet potato and that just didn't do the trick.  My daughter tells me this is PMS week.  That explains it.

Hmmm - I think M2 was a little too big...It's almost 6 hours later and I'm not really hungry yet.  Planning a small M3 - 2 grilled organic hot dogs w mustard and some fresh sauerkraut w caraway seeds and some jalapeño stuffed olives.

Made Kalua Pig overnight.  I got it a little too salty last time; this one is perfect :)  Got it all shredded and in the fridge.  I'll portion it for the freezer when I get back from Mass.

M1 - breakfast hash (ground pork, onions, mushrooms, turnips, pepper, spinach) w two big handfuls of power greens (spinach, chard, kale) topped w 2 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 - big salad of baby greens and spinach, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, pepper, cucumber, radish, tomato and avocado topped w kalua pig and dressed w EVOO and balsamic

M3 - roasting a big chicken tonight.  I think M3 will be roasted chicken, baked sweet potato w ghee and garlic roasted broccoli

Ended up having mashed potatoes made w butter and heavy cream instead of the baked sweet potato last night.  I've tested both more than once and don't have a noticeable reaction.  Last night, however, I had night sweats followed by freezing over and over again and I'm wondering if maybe they were related.  Needless to say, I slept like crap.  This is hormone week for me. I'm in menopause, but I follow my daughter's cycle and get PMS the week she does.  It could be that.  I will not be eating dairy today :)

M1 - breakfast hash (ground pork, onions, mushrooms, turnips, pepper, spinach) w two big handfuls of power greens (spinach, chard, kale) topped w 3 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 - big salad of baby greens and spinach, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, pepper, cucumber, radish, tomato and avocado topped w roasted chicken breast and dressed w EVOO and fresh lemon

M3 - two roasted chicken thighs w skin, baked sweet potato w ghee, haricots vertes

I thought I had bought "garnet yams" at the market Saturday and I was looking forward to that really dark orange potato.  Imagine my surprise when I got home and washed them are discovered they were purple on the outside and white on the inside (I think they are Japanese sweet potatoes).  Wasn't sure what to expect, but they are actually pretty tasty - just a little less moist than an orange yam.

Archived