JulieP's Non-Whole 30 Log

JulieP757

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 3 day "Stay-Cation" is over so back to work for me today :(  Got a lot of cleaning/organizing done, so I feel like I accomplished something - and I got to exercise everyday.  Didn't go to the gym yesterday, but still managed to get almost 10,000 steps in just running errands.

M1 - breakfast hash w extra power greens topped w 2 over easy eggs and black coffee

M2 - BBQ pork chop, 1/2 c sweet potato w ghee, cabbage sautéed in bacon fat

M3 - HUGE salad of baby greens, spinach, kale, chard, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, radish, red pepper, beets and avocado topped w 1 hb egg and BBQ chicken breast.  Dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil.

M1 - egg salad made w 3 hb eggs and a heaping tbsp mayo, 1 1/2 cups golden pepper soup

M2 - HUGE salad of baby greens, spinach, kale, chard, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, radish, red pepper, beets and avocado topped w a can of tuna.  Dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil.

M3 - Baked salmon, 1/2 c sweet potato, cabbage sautéed in bacon fat

Yesterday was a long day.  I was up at 5, breakfast at 6, lunch at 11, dinner at 4:30.  I was up until midnight, so I had 2 hb eggs and an apple Larabar around 9.

Food today:

M1 - breakfast hash w 2 over easy eggs, black coffee w co

M2 - baked salmon, the last of the cabbage sauteed in bacon grease and about 1/2 cup baked sweet potato

M3 - burger on a big salad with lots of veggies

Did a body pump class this morning and hoping I can find time for a walk this afternoon.  I have lots of cooking/cleaning to do for Easter dinner.

M1 - 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 3 pc bacon, black coffee
M2 - big salad with lots of veggies topped w a can of tuna and dressed w balsamic and avocado oil
PWO - 2 halves of deviled egg
Exercise: 10,000 steps on the treadmill and a body pump class
PWO - egg whites
M3 - ham with a little cherry plum sauce, layered cauliflower salad, french green beans, roasted carrots and garlic roasted broccoli

Dessert will be a sliver of flourless chocolate cake w fresh whipped cream and strawberries

I'd post a pic of my dinner but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Yesterday's food - not really on template at all

M1 (not really a meal - still full from the day before) 2 halves of deviled egg

M2 -breakfast hash w 2 eggs, another deviled egg half and a sliver of chocolate cake

M3 - ham w cherry sauce, garlic roasted broccoli, roasted carrots, green beans, leftover cauliflower salad

Did almost 14,000 steps.  Enjoyed the gorgeous spring weather by walking at lunch and after dinner

Today's food:

M1 - breakfast hash cooked in ghee w 3 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 - huge salad of baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, green pepper, cucumber, radish, tomato, beets, half an avocado topped w ham and a hb egg.  Dressed w balsamic and EVOO

M3 - 2 good sized roasted chicken thighs, garlic roasted broccoli, roasted carrots, green beans and about 1/4 cup sweet potato all topped w ghee

Today's food:

M1 - breakfast hash cooked in ghee w 2 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 - 2 good sized roasted chicken thighs, garlic roasted broccoli, roasted carrots, green beans and about 1/2 cup sweet potato all topped w ghee

PWO - two halves of deviled egg

Body pump class and finish up 10K steps on the treadmill

M3 - huge salad of baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, green pepper, cucumber, radish, tomato, beets, half an avocado topped w ham and a hb egg.  Dressed w balsamic and EVOO

M1- breakfast hash -turnips, onions, red peppers, mushrooms, spinach- cooked in coconut oil and topped w 3 over easy eggs, black coffee w co

M2- huge salad of baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, orange pepper, radish, tomato, broccoli, half an avocado topped w chicken breast and a hb egg.  Dressed w balsamic and EVOO

M3 - carnitas, steamed broccoli w ghee, about 1/3 of a small sweet potato w ghee

M3 yesterday was at 4:45 pm and I took a body pump class at 5:45 pm yesterday.  My meal times were all earlier than normal because I got up a 4:30 am to make it to an appt on time.  I did not eat a post work out snack because 1)I didn't have anything with me and was an hour from home and 2)I was still full from M3.  I'm thinking that was a mistake because I couldn't get to sleep later in the evening - largely because I was hungry.  Finally got out of bed at 11 pm and made 2 over easy eggs, 2 pc bacon and a couple bites of sweet potato and I was finally able to get to sleep.  I should have had a post work out meal....

Still waiting for the results of the thyroid panel my doctor ran last week.  Wonder how long this takes?

M1 - breakfast hash topped w 3 over easy eggs all cooked in coconut oil, black coffee cooked in coconut oil

M2 - not template, but it's what I really wanted.  Vanilla avocado smoothie made w a whole small avocado, 1/3 cup coconut milk, splash of vanilla, sprinkle of vanilla bean powder and a scoop of Jay Robb vanilla whey powder.  Added water and ice to get the right consistency. Delish!

M3 will be a grilled burger on top of a huge salad of baby greens, spinach, kale, shredded carrots, cucumber, red pepper, radish, broccoli, beets, sweet potato and avocado dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil.

M1 - 2 over easy eggs, 3 pc bacon, black coffee w co.  Not a veggie in sight this morning :(

M2 HUGE salad (leftover from last night) dressed w avocado oil and champagne vinegar w a slice of paleo meatloaf

M3 will be more meatloaf, green beans w ghee and roasted brussels sprouts

Did a massive cook up today. made Johnny's meatloaf again and this time I put all the ketchup in the meat mixture and added a second egg.  I've decided a really do like the thyme flavor,but I still only use half a teaspoon in the recipe.  Sliced it, wrapped it and put most of it in the freezer.  Made a huge batch of breakfast hash using ground pork, turnips, orange and red pepper and baby bella mushrooms.  Portioned it and put it in the freezer - at least 2 week's worth.  Made regular meatloaf and potatoes au gratin for the kids.  Prepped the green beans, fresh corn for the kids and brussels sprouts.  I should be good for food for a while.  I have carnitas, kalua pig and chicken breast in the freezer too.

Did a body pump class yesterday evening before M3.  Had 2 egg whites for a post work out meal.  Added about 1/3 of a small sweet potato w coconut oil to M3.

today's food:

M1 breakfast hash topped w 3 over easy eggs, black coffee w co

M2- huge salad with lots of veggies topped w 2 egg yolks and 1 hb egg and a can of tuna

M3 - paleo meatloaf, green beans, brussels sprouts and 1/3 of a small sweet potato w co

Thyroid test results all came back and they look normal to me.  So, it's probably menopause that's causing my issues :(  Or worse yet, it could be something I'm eating.  I hope not.  I like my food a lot.

M1 breakfast hash w two over easy eggs, black coffee w co

M2 - big salad w baby greens,spinach, kale, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, roasted beets, half an avocado topped w carnitas and dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil
M3- paleo meatloaf, roasted brussels sprouts, 1/2 cup sweet potato w co

Think I am going to stop the Elestrin (estrogen) gel I've been using for hot flashes and other menopause symptoms.  I use the lowest dosage and only every other day, but that could be contributing to the bloating I'm experiencing.  I'll give this change a week or two before I start the next test - Low FODMAP.  I printed out the Low FODMAP list and can I just say I how sad I am to see several of my favorite foods on the list?  I have a bunch of avocados, broccoli, beets and brussels sprouts in the fridge, so I am going to phase out the FODMAPS over the next two weeks.  

Things I eat on a regular basis that I will give up for a month or so:

Asparagus, beets, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, garlic, mushrooms, okra, onions and avocados.  Seriously - I would cry except that I see sweet potatoes (with coconut oil - my new favorite) ARE okay to eat.  

M1 - breakfast hash w three over easy eggs, black coffee w co

M2 - big salad w baby greens, spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, roasted beets, half an avocado topped w hb egg and roasted chicken thighs and dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil
M3- paleo meatloaf, roasted brussels sprouts, 1/2 cup sweet potato w co

Went out at lunch and bought Garden of Life Raw Enzymes.  Doesn't appear to contain any noncompliant ingredients.  The first four brands I looked at had malodextrin in them.  Hope this helps with the bloating.

M1 - breakfast hash w two over easy eggs, half an avocado, black coffee w co

M2 - roasted chicken thighs, roasted carrots and broccoli and half an avocado
M3- kalua pig,  roasted brussels sprouts, 1/2 cup sweet potato w co

So I've been doing a lot of reading on leaky gut and it occurred to me that I had two 10 day courses of powerful antibiotics and a course of steroids in February. Now I've had two back to back yeast infections. So, I'm pretty sure my gut is all messed up.

I bought some Garden of Life Raw Enzymes w probiotics and started taking them with each meal on Wednesday. My stomach has felt like it had a big rock in it every time I ate, but that's starting to get better and I'm finally getting hungry for meals again. I hate that overstuffed miserable feeling. My portions have not changed nor have the foods I eat. Pretty much the same thing every day, so it's a relief that things seem to be getting back to normal. Who knew that I'd WANT to feel hungry grinning.png

I also added a cup of kamboucha each day and I'm pulling some bone broth out of the freezer to start drinking again. I've lost three pounds so far (a pound a day) and the bloat is going away slowly but surely. I haven't even changed my diet yet, so hopefully I can keep eating all the FODMAPs that I love. I have 3 or 4 lbs to go to get back to "normal".

Heading into work in a few. Food today:

M1 - breakfast hash (ground pork, turnips, red pepper and mushrooms) topped w 3 over easy eggs all cooked in coconut oil

M2 - big salad w baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, cucumber, radish, broccoli, beets and avocado topped w a hb egg, roasted chicken thigh and dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil

M3 - TBD, but I'm thinking steak

M1 - breakfast hash w 3 over easy eggs cooked in coconut oil, black coffee w co

M2- Chicken Tagine from the freezer - w tomatoes, butternut squash, cauliflower, olives, half a Gingerade kamboucha

pre-work out - quest bar - I was desperate and not at home.  I thought I could make it without anything, but I was hungry before I even hit the gym

Did 10,000 steps and a body pump class

M3 - chuck roast topped w bone broth thickened w xanthan gum, about 1/2 c potato mashed w ghee, roasted veggies - green beans, broccoli, carrots, red pepper and zucchini

M2 - big salad w baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, cucumber, radish, broccoli, tomato, red pepper, beets and avocado topped w baked salmon and dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil

M3 - chuck roast topped w bone broth thickened w xanthan gum, about 1/2 c baked sweet potato w co, roasted veggies - green beans, broccoli, carrots, red pepper and zucchini

Today's focus - pay closer attention to hunger cues to make sure I'm not overeating.  

M1 - breakfast out w a friend.  I'll stick to eggs, bacon and maybe some fruit.

M2 - big salad w baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, cucumber, radish, broccoli, tomato, red pepper, beets and avocado topped w baked salmon and dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil

M3 - chuck roast topped w bone broth thickened w xanthan gum, about 1/2 c baked sweet potato w co, roasted veggies - green beans, broccoli, carrots, red pepper and zucchini

Breakfast out yesterday was not good.  I knew before I left the restaurant that the food had been cooked in soybean oil.  Stomach bloated up and started to hurt almost immediately.  I asked the restaurant manager about it before I left and yep, they use soybean oil.  Why is it that so many people think soy is healthy??

M3 was my M2 yesterday and I also ate M3 out.  I ordered an antipasto salad without any cheese.  Didn't notice any ill effects from the pepperoni, salami and ham fortunately.  Back to MY food today.

Mid morning - two big mugs of bone broth

M2 - chuck roast topped w bone broth thickened w xanthan gum, couple of cups of roasted veggies - green beans, broccoli, carrots, red pepper and zucchini w a drizzle of avocado oil, half a cosmic cranberry kombucha

M3 - big salad w baby greens, spinach, kale, carrots, cucumber, radish, broccoli, tomato, red pepper, beets and avocado topped w baked salmon and dressed w lemon juice and avocado oil

Archived