JulieP's Non-Whole 30 Log

JulieP757

Day 25 - M1 - Turnip, onion, red pepper, baby bella mushrooms, kale and spinach hash topped w 3 over easy eggs.

M2 - salad w kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, avocado, sprinkled w pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries and topped w roasted chicken thighs. Dressed w homemade vinaigrette.

M3 - enchilada casserole topped w salsa and  side of roasted veggies with ghee

Have a delicious day!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was totally unsatisfied after M2 (which was the enchilada casserole, not the salad).  Not enough fat at all.  So I ate some cashew butter - okay too much cashew butter - like 1/4 cup.  That's the first nut butter I've had in a long while.  It hit the spot was 1/4 cup was definitely too much.

Day 26 - M1 - Turnip, onion, red pepper, baby bella mushrooms, kale and spinach hash topped w 2 over easy eggs cooked in ghee.

M2 - salad w kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, half an avocado, sprinkled w pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries and topped w roasted chicken thighs. Dressed w homemade vinaigrette.

M3 - enchilada casserole topped w salsa and half an avocado and  side of roasted veggies with ghee

Added a small baked sweet potato w coconut oil to M3 yesterday.

Day 27 - M1 - Turnip, onion, red pepper, baby bella mushrooms, kale and spinach hash topped w 3 over easy eggs cooked in ghee.

M2 - salad w kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, half an avocado, sprinkled w pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries and topped w roasted chicken thighs. Dressed w homemade vinaigrette.

M3 - blackened salmon, about 1/3 cup baked sweet potato and side of roasted veggies with ghee

Hope everyone has a delicious day!

Day 28 - M1 - Turnip, onion, red pepper, baby bella mushrooms, kale and spinach hash topped w 3 over easy eggs cooked in ghee and half an avocado

M2 - spaghetti squash topped w a tbsp of coconut oil and a ground turkey meat sauce, half an avocado

M3 - blackened salmon, about 1/3 cup baked sweet potato and side of roasted veggies with ghee

Day 29

I decided my back was well enough to exercise - finally.  Last night I got 10,000 steps in after work.  It was hotter than seven hells, but I  plugged along and got it done.  Really didn't feel like I needed a post workout meal.  Had two bites of roasted chicken thigh.

I'm impressed with how well I've slept this past week.  I woke up without an alarm at 6 am this morning - about 8 1/2 hours of good solid sleep.  Had a cup of coffee, three bites of roasted chicken thigh topped with a big blob of mayo and then headed out for a walk before the heat kicked up.  Got in just under 4 miles - slow miles - I still can't walk as fast as I usually do because it aggravates my lower back.  At least I'm moving again!  

M1 - Turnip, onion, red pepper, baby bella mushrooms, kale and spinach, and sweet potato hash topped w 3 over easy eggs cooked in ghee and coconut oil and half an avocado

M2 - spaghetti squash topped w a tbsp of coconut oil and a ground turkey meat sauce, half an avocado, small salad w avocado oil and balsamic.

M3 - TBD

Okay I am not liking whatever they did to the format of the Forums at all.  It's totally annoying - especially on my phone.

Last night's M3 was eaten out.  Had dry grilled scallops and shrimp w steamed broccoli and asparagus.  Totally unsatisfying without fat - I had forgotten my ghee at home.  Ate about 1/2 cup sweet potato w a big Tbsp coconut oil when I got home.

Went out to breakfast with the bf this morning to a place I thought used canola oil - at least that's what the server told me when I went there back in May.  I checked their website last night and pretty much every single dish was tagged as having soy, which I though was suspicious if they were really using canola oil.  This morning I told the waitress I had a soy allergy and asked if she could check what kind of oil was being used for the potatoes.  She came back and told me they used PAM spray, which I already knew contained soy lecithin.  So, I had two poached eggs and some fruit and came home and ate a big bowl of roasted veggies with ghee.  Glad I asked - today is Day 30 for me.

M2 - is spaghetti squash w ground turkey meat sauce w a big spoonful of coconut oil.

M3 was Red Thai Chicken Curry. It has onion, garlic, fresh ginger, sweet potatoes, green beans and red peppers in it with a coconut milk base. Delish! I'll be eating it a lot this week. I loosely follow this recipe, but don't add fish sauce or lime juice and I use full fat coconut milk.

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/thai-chicken-curry-recipe

I cut the middle finger on my right hand and my left thumb today. The cuts on the right hand happened when I was cleaning the knives; the left thumb was a chopping accident. Clearly I should not cook or clean when I'm really tired and not feeling 100%. Had to make a drugstore run to get more bandaids and butterfly bandages. Good think I always have latex gloves around :)

Monday was Day 31.  I am continuing on, but I weighed in just to see how I was doing.  I didn't like what I saw, so I weighed in this morning again.  I gained 3 lbs during this Whole 30 and my abdomen is still super bloated.  That is a first for me - I usually drop 3 to 5 lbs.  This time, my back was out for about 3 weeks, which meant NO exercise.  Definitely could be part of the issue. I am also still suffering from a candida overgrowth, so I know this is likely part of the problem.  I'm seeing my doctor about that today.  Other than the bloating, I have no digestive issues - no gas, no constipation, no diarrhea, no abdominal pain.  This is so frustrating!

So food for the past two days:

M1 - Turnip, onion, red pepper, baby bella mushrooms, kale and spinach hash topped w 3 over easy eggs cooked in ghee; black coffee

M2 - big salad of baby greens, spinach, a whole pickling cucumber, red pepper, tomato, carrot and half an avocado topped with one and a half big chicken thighs and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.  Dressed w EVOO and Bragg's ACV.

M3 - Red Thai Chicken Curry

So my doctor prescribed daily diflucan for the next 30 days.  I'm continuing on my Whole 30 ( this is day 32) and will continue to avoid fruit until I get this candida under control.   So today I thought - so what if this isn't bloating - what if I really have gained 7 lbs in the past few months???  I just don't believe it, but could I just be in denial?     

I think I'll track my macros over the weekend to see what they look like.  

I made it 34 and a half days on the Whole 30 plan.  I had butter last night, so I guess now I am off.

Yesterday's food:

M1 - breakfast hash topped w 3 over easy eggs all cooked in ghee and coconut oil, black coffee

M2 - paleo meatloaf, yellow squash sautéed in ghee and coconut oil, a peach w coconut

M3 - ribeye steak, baked potato w butter and steamed veggies (eaten out, hence the butter)

Today's food:

M1 - also eaten out.  2 poached eggs, 2 pc pork sausage and a few bites of fruit.  This restaurant uses PAM cooking spray, which totally bums me out.  That means no potatoes or veggies.

M2 - will be a shake made w almond milk, spinach, frozen berries, MCT oil and RAW Fit protein powder.  Oh how I have missed these shakes!

M3 - cracklin chicken thighs, sauteed yellow squash and a big salad dressed w Braggs ACV and avocado oil

On a positive note, I got on the scale this morning and I was down 2.2 lbs of the 3 I gained on the Whole 30.  Don't now if it's because my back is better, I'm getting more exercise in or that I am now on daily Diflucan to get rid of the candida.  Whatever it is, I'll take it.

I got out for a walk at 9 am - heat index was over 100 by the time I finished. Only got 3.6 miles in so far. The heat is brutal.

Had a pre-workout egg cooked in a couple tsp of ghee.

M1 - breakfast hash with the addition of about 1/3 of a leftover sweet potato plus 3 eggs all cooked in coconut oil and ghee

M2 - will be a shake like yesterday w almond milk, spinach, frozen berries, MCT Acacia fiber and RAW Fit powder

M3 - I'm thinking I need some crack slaw

Yesterday's M3 was crack slaw with a side of yellow squash sauteed in ghee.

Got up early and got a 3 mile walk in before work.  I'll try to do a short walk this evening to get my steps in.  So I started taking a 30-day course of 100 mg Diflucan for this candida overgrowth last Tuesday (last resort - I have been suffering for months).  Since then, the scale moved downward every single day for a total of 4 lbs in a week.  FINALLY.  And I can see the bloat disappearing from my abdomen.  I will think long and hard before taking antibiotics or steroids again.

Prework out meal - roasted chicken thigh w mayo

M1  a shake like yesterday w almond milk, spinach, frozen berries, MCT Acacia fiber and RAW Fit powder

M2 leftover crack slaw w a side of sauteed yellow squash

M3 cracklin chicken thighs, baked potato w ghee and roasted veggies (green beans, carrots, cauliflower and yellow squash)

I got up at 5 today, got my food ready and went for a 3.6M walk before I headed to work. I'm almost at 10,000 steps for the day.

Food today:
Pre-work out - hard boiled egg
Post work out - 2 egg whites
I felt like I needed both a pre and post workout snack because I ate a pretty small dinner last night and woke up starving.

M1 - Raw Fit shake
M2- big salad w cucumber, carrots, green pepper, tomato, roasted chicken thigh w a sprinkled of pumpkin seeds and dressed w ACV and avocado oil. Had a big spoonful of cashew butter since the salad didn't satisfy me.
M3 - the last of the crack slaw w roasted veggies & ghee

No walk this morning.  I'll try to get some exercise in this evening.

M1 - Raw Fit shake
M2 - big salad w baby greens, spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, tomato, half an avocado, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, one large chicken thigh, 2 hb egg yolks plus a whole hb egg.  Dressed w ACV and avocado oil.
M3 - baked salmon, half a baked sweet potato w co, roasted veggies

• 2 months later...

I slipped again yesterday. Guess my heart isn't in it. I was dying for a shake this morning, so I think I'll off road for a bit.

M1 -pc of sausage and 2 over easy eggs, black coffee

M2 - Raw Fit shake made w 2 c cashew milk, 1 small very ripe banana, two big handfuls of spinach a small handful of frozen berries, 1 Tbsp each acacia fiber and coconut oil and a scoop of Raw Fit protein powder

M3 - TBD

I road the recumbent bike for an hour today - 11 miles

Yesterday:
M1 - Raw Fit shake made w 2 c cashew milk, two big handfuls of spinach a handful of frozen berries, 1 Tbsp each acacia fiber and coconut oil and a scoop of Raw Fit protein powder,1 c  black coffee

M2 - Big salad  of kale mix (kale, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, chicory), carrots, red pepper, cucumber, tomato, half an avocado topped w roasted chicken thighs and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic; couple tablespoons of coconut chia stuff

M3 - Paleo meatloaf (my regular recipe minus oats), haricots vertes, small red potato sautéed in avocado oil

Did a body pump class

Today:

M1 - turnip, sausage (really small piece) and 3 egg scrambled cooked in ghee, 1 c black coffee

M2 - Big salad  of kale mix (kale, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, chicory), carrots, red pepper, cucumber, tomato, half an avocado topped w roasted chicken thighs and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and dressed w avocado oil and balsamic

M3 - Paleo meatloaf (my regular recipe minus oats), roasted brussels sprouts, about 1/3 c baked sweet potato w ghee

Archived