Homemade Mayo Question

Valerie82

Hello. Does anyone know how long homemade mayo will stay good in the fridge? I made my first batch yesterday and put it in a mason jar.

Thanks!

It'll last as least as long as the egg s you made it with, but if you want to be conservative, two weeks.

I can't remember if its in the it starts with food book or the whole30 book but the book said that the mayonnaise is good for 1 week after the expiration date of the eggs you used. so I just figure out that date and write it on a dry erase board on the side of my fridge each time. I usually use up the mayonnaise before that date but it never hurts to keep it on hand.

• Administrators

Mine started to separate after about 5 days. It usually doesn't last for more than a few days, but I noticed it started getting "funky" before a week had passed the one time that we didn't finish it.

Unless your egg was already really old, that shouldn't have happened.  Sometimes if you keep it in too cold a location in your fridge, it can separate and turn almost grainy/curdly/oily when you put it on foods.  Was that the problem? 

Archived