Cheese & grains

Luiza

Hi all, finished the whole 30 feeling good, didn't cure me, but (a big but) my inflammation level has reduced, lost 5 kilos, no hungry or digestive problems!

Some questions for the more seasoned whole 30 individual regarding food re introduction:

Didn't have any problems re introducing cheese (real cheese, organic, not processed) or butter ( again organic & local) but when I tried introduce back milk a big no, no, got blotches in my skin the next morning plus pain in some of my joints, very surprising never before related milk with reaction. The question is can milk on his own be trouble? I followed protocol, after the cheese I had 4 days of whole 30 then used the milk as a drink. Is not casein present in cheese too? Or the way it is bonded in fat in cheese make it different? Or the way milk is produced (homogenised, pasturelisad) causing the problem? Any opinions?

Next food I introduced was oats (organic, gluten free assured) no problems, so can have Poridge in the morning. I am a bit relutant to introduce grains & legumes back don't know why, have anyone re introduced then and didn't have problems?

Milk, butter and cheese have quite different makeups, ghee even moreso. How they're made can change how they are too.

Milk is also not always milk these days, from factories it's often mixed with permeate (high in lactose) and other milk-origin things, to try and keep it tasting the "same" and depending on your country, it may not be declared on the label as it's all made from milk. I have more trouble with low fat milk, milk with permeate, less trouble with high fat milk, lactose free milk, A2 milk and cream, less trouble with organic.

That said, I have trouble with all dairy (except ghee). I have particular trouble with things high in lactose and casein (whey being one of the worst, that stuff that's added to loads of weight loss products!), but actually have mild trouble with most dairy (it affects my immune system, I don't notice adding it, I notice how much better I feel when I remove it, I suspect it's poking holes in my healing leaky gut).

I reintroduced everything during a Slow Roll.   That was well over a year ago and things that used to really bother me are just meh now.   Complete your testing and take your time.  

It's not what we do some of the time but most of the time that can accumulate.  You may find that you can have a little of everything some of the time.   I moved out of an abstainer way of thinking to my original factory settings.   It's my new normal.   

Hello,

Tanks Praxisprojec is it not sad how food this days are anything else but food? I remember when i was small milk used to be from the farm down the road, with a thick fat foam on the top, strait from the cow, (and the cows eating only grass from the field, no antibiotics, grains etc.,) grains are again from local farms/mills without much being added, bread made with sourdough cultures, cakes and biscuits where treats. OK meat was expensive, we used to have a roast on Sunday's and the other days leftovers from the roast, eggs from free range chickens (again eating natural things). I remember the first time I went to a supermarket, a novelty with all that packaging, foreign food! Anyway life moves on and we are where we are, we need do the best we can and MeadowLily is right, we should try to get to our own factory setting and in doing so we can have a little bit of everything sometimes. I am doing a slow roll and thinking in staying as my core way with in and out from troublesome foods..

Archived