Reintro schedule thoughts

ach324

Hi,

I decided to extend my whole30 a few more days because I had a cold over the weekend and didn't want to muddy my results. The thing I'm most curious to see is dairy-- when I was a kid I was pretty badly lactose intolerant though I managed to grow out of it, so to speak, though in recent months I've had a suspicious it's come back. My question is, given that that's what I'm concentrated on, should I reintro it first... or save it for the last day. On one hand, if I have a bad reaction to it, it might muddy my other results during the 10 days, though I could just take a few more days off before bringing back the 2nd category. What I was thinking of doing was: 

day 1: dairy

day 4: legumes  (PB is the thing I miss the most and I feel fairly confident I don't have an intolerance to this) 

day 7: gluten (have plans to go to an amazing burger place and I wanna try it without the bun) 

day 10: non gluten grains (not dying for rice and tortilla chips honestly so don't mind saving this one for last, though will def reintro anyway because I do want to see how i react) 

Your approach looks fine. If you think you might have a severe dairy reaction that lasts longer than 2 days, you could either reintro dairy last, or just see how you do with it this time around, and if you're not feeling better in 2 days, postpone the remaining reintros until you feel better.

Recognize that the reintro protocol suggests having the reintro item in question at all three meals during the day.

Further, once you reintro an item, you don't have it again until all your reintros are complete. 

Haha yes, I know I should be adding them 3 meals a day, those were just examples to explain why I chose legumes and gluten on those days :)

Follow up question: if I find during the reintro that I don't have a bad reaction to some (or even all) of the categories, does whole30 approve of incorporating them back into your regular diet or would you still save them for only special occasions, "when i really really want it" moments?

Archived