Alex M

My wife and I just started the Whole30 and I am nervous and excited.  I've never considered myself unhealthy/overweight by any means, but am excited to hopefully see some of the fantastic results other people are having. 

Where I feel I'll struggle the most is that I can't stand Eggs and my normal breakfast habits are anything but Whole30 compliant.  I usually would have a Whey Protein Shake or a fruit and veggie smoothie. 

Day 1: Feb 1

Breakfast at 5am

• Black Coffee ( more than 20oz)
  • 2 Bananas

Breakfast again: 8am (no surprise I was absolutely starving so I made a smoothie and just ate cooked ground beef)

• 1.5 cups Spinach
  • 1 Heart of Romain Lettuce
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup frozen blueberry
  • 2 tbsp of Lemon Juice
  • 1 cup of seasoned Ground Beef

Snack:  10am (I was really hungry and needed to eat something)

• 1/2 cup of Almonds

Lunch: 12pm

• 3 chicken tenderloins
  • 2 cups steamed broccoli
  • 1/4 avocado

How to compose a meal and how much to eat

You really need to move to eating like this. You can complete a Whole30 following rules and ignoring guidelines, but it means you will have a minimal experience. 

Thanks Tom,

Breakfast is the most challenging meal for me because I don't like eggs.  Plus my wife and I are going through the growing pains of "thinking" we are prepared to make proper meals, but finding out that we are not.  Day 2 will be much better and more in-line with the guidelines.

AM

Feb 3, 2015

Breakfast

1.5 cup ground Beef

1/2 cup avocado

1.5 cups steamed broccoli

Lunch

4 Chicken Tenderloins

1.5 cup broccoli

Banana

Dinner

4 chicken Tenderloins

2 cups Broccoli

1 Avacado

This was Day 3 of my first Whole 30. I am starting to get over the mental hurdle of I can't have "Dinner Foods" for breakfast.  Now I am starting to get a more fufulling and complete breakfast and eliminate some of my snacking. I generally snack throughout the day (mostly healthy foods, like banannas and what not) but I am trying to eliminate that to get my hormones in the right balance. 

I have had a slight headache that I understand is Carb Flu. 

Feb 4, 2016

Breakfast

1 full Zuccini

1.5 cup ground turkey

two handfuls of Black Olives

Lunch

1 cup ground beef

1 avocado

2-3 cups baby carrots

Dinner

1.5 cups Spaghetti Squash

1.5 cups ground beef

1.5 cups of homemade spaghetti squash

This was a hard day.  I work as a Sales professional and had a working lunch meeting with a customer where they brought in the best smelling TX BBQ Ever!  probably because I know I can't have it.  But I stayed strong and drank a TON  of water during the meeting to keep me not thinking about the BBQ and then had my pre-packed lunch in my truck after the meeting.

Still have a small lingering headache and was very tired today. I generally drink coffee throughout the day, but today didn't drink any after 12pm per the recommendations of the Book. 

DAY 5!

didn't wake up with a headache however went to bed with one at the end of the day

Breakfast

2.5 cups spaghetti squash (meat, sauce, squash noodles)

Lunch

3/4 sweet potato

5 chicken tenderloin

coconut oil

Dinner

4 chicken tenderlioin

1/2 sweet potato

1/2 zucchini

Archived