First W30, day 3

br5532

Hello everyone, this is my first time on the whole30 and doing these online logs. Quit smoking 3 months ago and now believe I need to change the way my body and mind work around food. My main concern here on day 3 : I do heavy construction (building highrises in NYC) worried if I will eat enough to feel ok and worried that I may be eating too much and doing the wrong thing. Not trying to loose weight just trying to improve myself. Want to do this right for me and the family. Any advise would be appreciated.

• Moderators

Many people do not eat enough when they start a Whole30, so be sure to eat plenty of protein and fat... at least one palm-size portion of protein and thumb-size portion of fat with each meal and up to two palm-size portions of protein at a meal. Then fill the rest of your plate with veggies. The Whole30 is not a calorie restriction program, so you should eat generously. If you need to lose weight, you eventually will without keeping yourself hungry. And drink plenty of water. In addition, focus on meals, not on snacks. You can eat a snack if you are hungry, but if you do meals right, you don't usually need to snack.

Archived