Graduates of 'Starting 1/4/16'

SugarcubeOD

I have no idea how much weight I lost (didn't weigh myself before starting) but just finished my 2nd round and feel great.   Would love to continue this journey and see what it feels like to stick with a healthy LIFEstyle and not continue to yo yo my weight all over the map.   Congrats, everyone!

I can't believe I did this...I actually made it!

I lost 13 lbs! I didn't measure before but I am definitely doing that next time. I feel great but my clothes don't feel looser but I will trust the scale.

I saw someone was doing a Whole 30 for Lent. I think I will test out some non-gluten grains and dairy in the next week, but then do the Lent one. 

Congrats everyone! 

Hi! This was my first W30 and I am so happy to have finished without giving up! The road was a little bumpy, I did have some slip ups along the way (hidden sugar and possibly dairy snuck in a few times and I wasn't as diligent about keeping to regular mealtimes toward the end), but I chose to keep on truckin' and, thankfully, still felt some great effects and learned a lot! Plus, I lost 9+ lbs and 5" off my waist! Woot! Now I just need to contact my Doc to see if I can get my cholesterol retested to see if it went down a bit.

I guess I'm doing a modified version of the regular reintroduction, but probably only choosing one ingredient per category (i.e. only garbanzos this time around, then maybe try black beans at a later date). That may change as I proceed, but the reason I'd like to do it that way is because I'd really like to know which food of each category I am safe to eat, rather than just ruling out ALL legumes, for example. I may be doing it in vein, but there are a few foods I really would like to reintroduce into a semi-regular rotation, and others I can probably do without, so I'm crossing my fingers that not all legumes are created equal! LOL

Last night I had some organic, sulfite free red wine. I felt fine. Got a mild headache but think it's because I didn't drink any water with it. My stomach was not really effected, but after the second glass I felt like snacking, which I knew would become mindless if I started. Plus I had just had dinner an hour before. So I skipped the snacks and made some hot tea. Just a matter of paying attention. Tomorrow I'll try some black beans and see how I feel.

Archived