Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

I forgot to mention, that I've noticed that a few of you are working out. At first, I had decided to put workouts on the back burner and focus on getting the new way of eating down. Now that I think I'm getting somewhat of a routine I was thinking about starting on Monday. Is anyone else familiar with the beachbody workouts? I'm planning on doing Shaun T's Cize. Anyone else want to start with me? Just knowing that someone else is doing it with me is motivation itself!

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good-bye day 6! We're almost done with our first week! I can't believe it! Now that I think about it, it kinda flew by. Tomorrow I'm gonna do some major prepping. I'm gonna try to make some chicken nuggets and Sriracha! I've also got to plan my veggie sides. I was disappointed that when I did my shopping costco didn't have any fresh broccoli and I had to get frozen. When I try steaming it in a double broiler it comes out a bit watery. Any suggestions?

Hi!

I think you can successfully roast frozen broccoli. I have not tried it myself but have heard that you can cook it that way. Being in the oven helps dry out the excess water. Hope that helps!

I forgot to mention, that I've noticed that a few of you are working out. At first, I had decided to put workouts on the back burner and focus on getting the new way of eating down. Now that I think I'm getting somewhat of a routine I was thinking about starting on Monday. Is anyone else familiar with the beachbody workouts? I'm planning on doing Shaun T's Cize. Anyone else want to start with me? Just knowing that someone else is doing it with me is motivation itself!

I don't have that specific workout, but I have a turbo fire set from beachbody body that is a 12 week program. I will start that one on Monday then we are at least both doing a program. How's that sound??

Hi!

I think you can successfully roast frozen broccoli. I have not tried it myself but have heard that you can cook it that way. Being in the oven helps dry out the excess water. Hope that helps!

I did this just the other night with a veggie mix. My husband couldn't get enough. He loved it!!

Ummmm I may have arrived at the Kill All The Things phase :). Or I'm just tired after a long week!

I spent all morning in the kitchen making sage roasted chicken drumsticks and spiced meatballs (for upcoming roasted spaghetti squash). I also prepped half of the vegetables I'll need for the tomato sauce. The meat came out well, and was easy! This is all just so new for me, the prepping, cooking, and cleaning!

I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the day - I think I have enough food to last a while...

How's everyone else's meal prep going? Are you doing that today? How do you work out when and what to prep/make for the upcoming week? Any meal prep tips? I sat down to plan last night and after a couple of minutes it felt like I was solving a math equation, ha! I did come up with a basic plan after all, but the process was sort of comical...

I do the 21 day fix workouts, and they are great! 30 mins is so doable! Im planning to get back on track with them on Monday as well!

Hi everyone! Happy Sunday ;)

my husband and our son went for a hike today and I did a yoga class yesterday (rather than my usual yoga at home) so I am sore. However I still need to get some food prep done. 

I feel like I am spending lots of time at the store and in the kitchen, but I mostly enjoy the cooking part. I haven't done a stellar job of planning and hope to do better this week. 

A few things that have really helped:

-I buy lots of fresh veggies. I am a bit limited because of the IBS/ FODMAP thing but we are eating so many vegetables. Yay!!

-my husband is grilling 2 chickens on the weekend and that gives us some meat for the week ahead. (not so much from yesterday's 2 birds because my 6'4", 23 yo son is here...I'm pretty sure he ate 3/4 of a chicken! at dinner)

-prepping extra for later; this especially helps for breakfasts, as I am relying a lot on leftovers since along about Wednesday I felt like I would throw up if I looked at another egg :wacko:

Let's see. I'm feeling pretty good, like Heidi said "lighter". Before starting I literally felt like everything was tight: clothes, pjs (that's wrong), rings, earrings (kidding). And now, nothing is loose but my body doesn't feel swollen and heavy. I like this feeling better.

I love reading about everyone's No Scale Victories. I love not feeling like my mood is dictated by the number I used to look at every morning. The way my brain works these days, I may even forget where I "hid" the beast, I mean scale!

As far as my mood, I feel more balanced. I've had some difficulties because I didn't sleep much Wednesday and Thursday nights. But the last 2 nights my sleep has been great.

Oh, for anyone who might be interested in a little more encouragement I highly recommend a book of daily readings called Fit From Within by Victoria Moran. She has a lot of great things to say about body image-- relationship with food-- food-- weight--- great stuff! 

Until tomorrow... stay strong everyone!!

Wow I can't believe we are at the end of Day 7!!

I have found myself with no food cravings, which is awesome. And I normally crave chocolate on a daily basis, but Im good! I am a HUGE tea drinker (I spend wayyy too much money at Davids Tea on a regular basis) and find myself drinking tea more often which maybe helps with the cravings.

I have also found that I am good with the 3 meals a day, up until Saturday. I did an hour workout and found that I needed a mini meal after that and a snack later on in the day when I was out shopping (the only time I have turned to the delicious Larabar). I know for next time to eat more food before.

I just made a nice chicken veggies soup for lunches this week (I can eat soup ALWAYS!!) and a pan of pork carnitas and sausage for breakfasts!! 

Headaches are gone, except for today when I woke up super sick with almost no voice- lets hope this doesn't last long. Perhaps this cold is the reason I am not the least bit hurry for dinner (but I will make sure I eat).

I feel and look less bloated which is a plus!

I am considering extending to a Whole45 or Whole60…..anyone else?

Friday evening I had friends over for dinner and served a compliant meal and no one even noticed and they were happy to drink soda water along with me which was AWESOME.

Saturday I went to my parents for dinner and my mom made sure my spaghetti (spaghetti squash) and meatballs were Whole30 ( she even skipped the soya sauce and breadcrumbs in the meatballs and put mine in a separate pot before she added a little sugar to her sauce for the acidity). We had a tomato and mozza salad, but substituted the cheese for avocado for me- It tasted like i was eating cheese!! And everyone had cake for dessert, my mom had some lovely fresh strawberries for me- and it was perfect. I did not miss that crappy bloated feeling after a meal!

This weeks goal is to incorporate my 30 min workouts in daily! 

HAPPY ALMOST WEEK TWO EVERYONE!!

I thought I had posted this earlier...but its not there... Just thought a would share a recap of my day # SIX.... then later I will get to a re-cap of today :)

Yesterday I ran in circle after circle,  from tile store to tile store looking at samples (we are finishing our basement) then we ran from birthday party to birthday party. We were away from the house for 10 hours and I still managed to rock it!! Yay me!!

I ate a stellar breakfast consisting of  scrambled eggs with red pepper and avocados. Then I had some raspberries and a clementine orange on the side.

For lunch we ate out (YIKES!!) but I didn't break! I ate a plain dinner salad with just lettuce cucumbers and tomatoes and the juices from the veggies were enough dressing for me (I am not a huge dressing fan anyway.) Followed that with a plain steak and steamed veggies (no I didn't grill the kitchen and ask about all their cooking oils etc. because I do need to be able to breathe a little).

Around dinner time the cravings for chocolate and sweets were RAGING!!! I thought I might eat my husbands arm if he didn't give me chocolate. Instead I ate a nice meal of thai chicken, broiled mixed veggies and I followed that up with a pink crisp apple drizzled in almond butter.

And can I just say..... I felt amazing!! Not bloated, not over stuffed, just perfectly satisfied and happy. Can't lie, some may not see this day as perfect since I ate out without all knowledge, but I think I did pretty damn good!!

Oh and remember the two birthday parties I mentioned..... Yes I was offered cake and ice cream at BOTH and politely declined.

Saturday I went to my parents for dinner and my mom made sure my spaghetti (spaghetti squash) and meatballs were Whole30 ( she even skipped the soya sauce and breadcrumbs in the meatballs and put mine in a separate pot before she added a little sugar to her sauce for the acidity). We had a tomato and mozza salad, but substituted the cheese for avocado for me- It tasted like I was eating cheese!! And everyone had cake for dessert, my mom had some lovely fresh strawberries for me- and it was perfect. I did not miss that crappy bloated feeling after a meal!

Love that your family is so supportive!!

Hi!

Heidi this was such a good tip! The roasted broccoli was actually a bit crunchy and I loved it! Thank you!

I don't have that specific workout, but I have a turbo fire set from beachbody body that is a 12 week program. I will start that one on Monday then we are at least both doing a program. How's that sound??

I was just thinking earlier today should I or should I not start the workout. But now I'm like ok! Let's go for it!

Hi everyone!

I love reading all your posts. It gives me a lot of encouragement to keep going. I don't have a whole lot of support at home, and it's really my fault because I've been on so many programs out there and drag my husband into them too, only to fail. This time I'm doing it on my own and didn't ask him to join because he would only roll his eyes. But little does he know he's kinda doing this too because I do all the cooking .

I feel better already and it feels like my stomach is not as bloated. I also noticed that l'm not so hungry as I used to be. Food doesn't seem to control me any more. I'm controlling it. I'm all for Whole 60!

The hardest part for me is not to weigh myself. I used to be a maniac about that. I'd weigh myself everyday, and get disappointed a lot. Maybe that's part of the reason I failed. This time I'm playing by the rules!

Take care all!

Ummmm I may have arrived at the Kill All The Things phase :). Or I'm just tired after a long week!

I spent all morning in the kitchen making sage roasted chicken drumsticks and spiced meatballs (for upcoming roasted spaghetti squash). I also prepped half of the vegetables I'll need for the tomato sauce. The meat came out well, and was easy! This is all just so new for me, the prepping, cooking, and cleaning!

I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the day - I think I have enough food to last a while...

How's everyone else's meal prep going? Are you doing that today? How do you work out when and what to prep/make for the upcoming week? Any meal prep tips? I sat down to plan last night and after a couple of minutes it felt like I was solving a math equation, ha! I did come up with a basic plan after all, but the process was sort of comical...

I was in the kitchen for the entire day prepping! What I like to do is keep it simple. I pick two choices for each meal and then use them on alternating days. For example, for meal 1 I made silky ginger zucchini soup with the spicy tuna cakes on one day and then I have chicken nuggets and that awesome sauce put together in lettuce wraps! Meal 2 I alternate between the two salad mixes. So then the only meal that I really have to work on is dinner. Hope that helps!

"The hardest part for me is not to weigh myself. I used to be a maniac about that. I'd weigh myself everyday, and get disappointed a lot. Maybe that's part of the reason I failed. This time I'm playing by the rules!"

I am the same way. If I got a number that I didn't like, it was all about the chocolate after that! Why keep trying if the weight wasn't coming off.

So this time, I weighed myself, took measurements, took some before pictures and then literally had my husband hide my measuring tape and scale. I have no idea where they are. So I cant cave to the curiosity.

My plan is to get all new numbers after 45 days and I hope they are at least a little better. I know the whole30 isn't about weight loss alone, but man I pray it helps!

Day 7 is done and we've gotten through our first week! Give yourselves a part on the back! I sure did! :D Today was a sport busy day in the kitchen! But I'm so glad I got so much done! I seared chicken breasts following the harvest grilled chicken salad from whole30. I made silky ginger zucchini soup from well fed. I made spicy tunaa cakes and Sriracha sauce from nom-nom paleo. Also got a stew for tomorrow's dinner in there. And of course chopped and steam sauteed veggies. Phew!

I've noticed I'm not hungry anymore too! I've gotten used to this lighter feeling. I'm a lot happier with my Lil ones and I've got more energy. I had an amazing breakfast today of chik-fil-a style chicken nuggets from Melissa's blog. I also made some of her awesome sauce and then added romaine lettuce leaves and turned them into wraps kinda. They were so good I almost did a happy dance. Oh and I roasted some broccoli thanks to Heidi! And topped it with some EVOO, minced garlic, red pepper flakes all lightly heated. And then splashed with some lemon juice!

Tomorrow I'm gonna start working out (with a few others!) ;) So let's see how that goes.

Good luck with week 2!!!

Well Day #7 is almost done!! WAHOOOO!!

Only downfall to today.... I start another stretch of graveyard shifts. BOOOO!! Tonight is the first of four. I think I am getting old, cause these things kick my butt anymore and it takes me forever to recover and get back to normal hours. Hopefully being healthier and completing the whole30 will help my body tolerate them better.

But the good side of today..... It was definitely a good day. I found I had more energy and was in a better mood than any other day so far. I continue to feel less bloated (I still have a little round belly that I don't think will ever go away, but I feel more comfortable). My cravings today have been non-existent. My appetite today has actually been almost non-existent as well. I have had to remind myself to eat.

I also spent the day prepping food and my house smelled super yummy  from everything I was cooking.

Congrats on completing week one everybody!!! :D

I am looking forward to week two!! :)

Archived