Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

Hi All

Can you believe we are on day 10!

I keep having to pinch myself that I have actually been able to kick Dairy, Gluten, caffeine and SUGAR using will power!!!

I am about 85% off my cravings, I do still crave sweet things -but nothing to bad, just the odd feeling and I think this is a reaction to either stressful situations or a habit - like having something sweet on an evening.

I just take a breath, go for a walk/do something to distract myself and remind myself that I can do it!

I am finding the daily emails really helpful and the book now, to check on what may be happening at different days. Today's email gave some great suggestions regarding food on the go!

I also bought the Well Fed book to go with the Whole 30 to read up on some more recipes. Unsure I will try them this week as still have a lot of ones to try or repeat from the first 10 days!

Sleep wise I am still getting weird dreams - but hopefully they will be going soon.

I did my first exercise class last night since starting 'clubbercise', I have been to the gym but was on just a very low impact session when there as was feeling the effects of the first week. The class was great fun and I managed to complete the full hour. I am aching a bit today, but that's good!!!

Can't wait for the increased energy to start lol

Good luck all with your day 10's!

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love that green chili soup recipe. Sounds yummy! Although, come to think of it, most things sound good to me....I am still hungry all the time. I feel like I am eating plenty of protein and enough fat.

I'm still very sad about my hair, in case anyone's wondering :lol:

Sleep? No. Maybe tonight. In all fairness, a few weeks before starting my W30, I tapered off a benzo (with my doc's help) so I know that could well be my problem. And I didn't sleep that great while taking the benzo, This has been an ongoing issue for me for decades.

I'm kind of in a food slump. just a little tired of meat. And missing my whole grains (and not-so whole...).

Has anyone compared Well Fed and Well Fed 2? I might buy one with a lovely Amazon gift card my husband gave me for Valentine's Day. But I'm not sure which one to get.

I love reading everyone's updates. Stay strong my W30 friends!!

• Moderators

I would love that green chili soup recipe. Sounds yummy! Although, come to think of it, most things sound good to me....I am still hungry all the time. I feel like I am eating plenty of protein and enough fat.

I'm still very sad about my hair, in case anyone's wondering :lol:

Sleep? No. Maybe tonight. In all fairness, a few weeks before starting my W30, I tapered off a benzo (with my doc's help) so I know that could well be my problem. And I didn't sleep that great while taking the benzo, This has been an ongoing issue for me for decades.

I'm kind of in a food slump. just a little tired of meat. And missing my whole grains (and not-so whole...).

Has anyone compared Well Fed and Well Fed 2? I might buy one with a lovely Amazon gift card my husband gave me for Valentine's Day. But I'm not sure which one to get.

I love reading everyone's updates. Stay strong my W30 friends!!

If you're truly hungry -- like you'd happily eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli -- then eat. Have a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. There's no reason to be hungry. If you're needing to eat between meals often, your meals really may not be big enough. You could head over to the Troubleshooting section of the forum and post a couple of days worth of food, including approximate portion sizes, water intake, sleep, and exercise, and get some feedback to be sure you're on the right track.

For the Well Fed books, I like both, but think I prefer the second by just a tiny bit. I'm not really sure exactly why, but it's the one I turn to most often. If you head to her website you can see previews of both of them: http://meljoulwan.com/cookbooks/

Like most of you, today is Day 10 for me. I've been reading through people's experiences in this forum and wondering if mine are normal or if I'm doing something "wrong," so if anyone has thoughts I'd love to hear them.  

1. So far I really haven't noticed too many changes in my body or how I feel.  

2. The past two days or so I've had some headaches when waking up (I read other people having that too, so I guess that's normal?) and occasionally during the day; yesterday I felt a surge in energy, however I'm not sure if that's due to W30 or because for the first time in 13 mos my baby actually slept through the night (!)  :D.  Sounds like some others here experienced the energy yesterday too, but for me it's gone today (maybe that's b/c baby was sick during the night, so sleep was definitely interrupted).  

3. My big question is this: my cravings haven't gone away quite yet.  I mean, the sugar dragon isn't quite as fierce as it once was, but when I drive past Starbucks or my favorite frozen yogurt place or see non-compliant foods that the rest of my family is eating (they're not doing W30), or _______ (fill in the blank), I'm not sure that if this were to end tomorrow, I'd be able to say "I feel so good I don't even WANT that stuff!  I'm changed for LIFE!"  Is this normal?!  When you guys say your cravings are gone, or are subsiding, does that mean you don't even WANT the food??  If that's the case, then what am I doing wrong?  I'm trying to remember that the program isn't done yet, but as ridiculous as this sounds (b/c I'm sure there are a lot of changes I can't SEE), I'm starting to question if W30 really can change me.  :(

Any thoughts on this stuff are greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Julie

ps - Also, I have to come clean - I've been eating some almonds and raisins together after I get the kids to bed as a replacement for my usual dessert.  I know I'm not supposed to snack, but sometimes it's so hard!!   :(

I FINALLY MADE IT IN HERE!  I've been following along with everyone since we started on the 15th.  I just never received my validation email so today I changed my email address and poof! I got in!  So short version to catch up...It's going great!  The longer version is below if you care to read.

My husband is doing this with me so that has helped a lot! Today I caught him weighing himself and that ticked me off!  I have an unhealthy relationship with the scale but have not even been tempted to step on it!  I didn't even ask if he had lost weight because I knew if he did (and I can tell he has!) it would just make me madder!  Over it now though, I hid the scale, LOL! :rolleyes:

--------

Glad I gave you the short version!

Love your post... Haha, my husband did the same thing with the scale. I told him if he speaks of his weight loss I will stab him in the ankle (it might have been during the sugar withdrawal so I was a little hangry). I can very much relate to a lot of what you wrote. Love the idea of a happy hour with soda and lemon/lime. And as for the flanking candies at the checkout. I have developed a super power of meditation techniques to ignore. Plus I now always carry a bag of carrots and some nuts in my purse for those really critical moments.

Looking forward to your updates.

sarahAwright,

I'm having the strangest dreams too!  Last night I dreamed that I had gone through a stressful situation, and afterwards I met a woman holding a bowl of m&m's, so of course I took a handful and ate them, because that's what I'd do when stressed!  Then I was so upset about having to start my Whole30 over!  Thank goodness it was just a dream!

jkwo,

I wouldn't say my cravings are gone, but I now feel like I can get through them.  Before it was something that I felt like I couldn't control once I gave in.  (See dream above-handful could turn into bag)  So it sounds like what you're going through is pretty normal to me.  

It took until this afternoon for the hunger from yesterday afternoon to totally go away.  I made sure I ate a larger serving of protein at dinner, but I awoke at 3:30 am, soooo hungry.  As I tried to get back to sleep, I planned my breakfast in detail!   Larger than I had been eating, but I felt so much better today.  I feel kind of bloated-the suddenly my pants are tight thing, but I'm sure this too shall pass.  

Just keep trusting the process!  1/3 of the way there!!!!

Today's day 10!! That means we can't count the days on our fingers anymore! We've been avoiding all that gunk for now DOUBLE digit of days! I am amazed at myself that I've gotten so far without any problems. I remember a year and a half ago when I was trying out the south beach diet, I would have trouble getting halfway through the second week and kept restarting. I hope I make it through the whole30 which right now does not seem difficult at all.

I had the craziest dream too! This time one of my aunts had made some chocolate dessert with like the molten chocolate lava inside it and everyone was eating it and I was thinking to myself that I should just grab one so as not to offend my aunt and then I would feed it to the kids. So everyone is complimenting and raving about this dessert, and I'm like yeah it's really good. And then I realize I'm chewing something in my mouth and it tastes like chocolate! So I start to freak out and take a napkin and spit the remains from my mouth to see what was in there. And it was the dessert but I have no idea how it got in there! So I'm a big mess and thinking oh no I have to start all over again and what am I gonna tell you guys! All of you have no idea how relieved I was when I woke up and discovered that it was all just a dream! Took the biggest sigh of relief. Oh and the weirdest thing is that I'm not even into such chocolatey desserts!

Today when I went to pick up my son from preschool, I ran into one of the other mothers and this lady just Las school year was the one who had McDonald's stuff for lunches etc. Etc. And now she uses those Herbalife meal replacement shakes and sells that stuff too. And she has gotten sooooo skinny. It kinda made me mad on the inside that it seemed so easy for her to lose over 25 pounds this past summer when I'm working my butt off and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. Maybe I'm just not used to results being too slow. Oh well. At least I know what I'm doing is good for me in the long run and I'll keep working my butt off to meet my goals!

And to get closer to my goals, I worked out this morning no matter how sore I was from before. It's just 30 some minutes and then I've got my whole day to think yes! I got my workout done!

We're getting pretty close to finishing up day 10 people! Congrats to everyone for making it through the first third of the program!

Hi Folks,

I wanted to give everyone a recipe tip for meal 1. I had it this morning and it was fabulous. It's called Joe's special. You can find some recipes for it on Pinterest. I made the one with mushrooms in it. More of all the recipes for Joe's Special can easily be made Whole 30 compliant. Happy Day 10!

Naz: have you tried Herbalife??!! Gross! Stick to W30. You can do it! You ARE doing it!!

Julie: my cravings are far from gone. I think about what I wish I could eat many times a day. But, my body doesn't feel the need for those things. I'm not sure it makes sense, but I can tell now that it's definitely more an emotional craving than a physical one.

I just read that days 10 and 11 are when people are most likely to drop out of W30. Stay strong everyone!!

Naz: have you tried Herbalife??!! Gross! Stick to W30. You can do it! You ARE doing it!!

Julie: my cravings are far from gone. I think about what I wish I could eat many times a day. But, my body doesn't feel the need for those things. I'm not sure it makes sense, but I can tell now that it's definitely more an emotional craving than a physical one.

I just read that days 10 and 11 are when people are most likely to drop out of W30. Stay strong everyone!!

Thanks madrikh! I've always shunned the idea of replacing a meal with a shake or some kind of a bar. But just seeing her now and what she was before compared to what I was and what I have become is quite frustrating!

Like most of you, today is Day 10 for me. I've been reading through people's experiences in this forum and wondering if mine are normal or if I'm doing something "wrong," so if anyone has thoughts I'd love to hear them.  

1. So far I really haven't noticed too many changes in my body or how I feel.  

2. The past two days or so I've had some headaches when waking up (I read other people having that too, so I guess that's normal?) and occasionally during the day; yesterday I felt a surge in energy, however I'm not sure if that's due to W30 or because for the first time in 13 mos my baby actually slept through the night (!)  :D.  Sounds like some others here experienced the energy yesterday too, but for me it's gone today (maybe that's b/c baby was sick during the night, so sleep was definitely interrupted).  

3. My big question is this: my cravings haven't gone away quite yet.  I mean, the sugar dragon isn't quite as fierce as it once was, but when I drive past Starbucks or my favorite frozen yogurt place or see non-compliant foods that the rest of my family is eating (they're not doing W30), or _______ (fill in the blank), I'm not sure that if this were to end tomorrow, I'd be able to say "I feel so good I don't even WANT that stuff!  I'm changed for LIFE!"  Is this normal?!  When you guys say your cravings are gone, or are subsiding, does that mean you don't even WANT the food??  If that's the case, then what am I doing wrong?  I'm trying to remember that the program isn't done yet, but as ridiculous as this sounds (b/c I'm sure there are a lot of changes I can't SEE), I'm starting to question if W30 really can change me.  :(

Any thoughts on this stuff are greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Julie

ps - Also, I have to come clean - I've been eating some almonds and raisins together after I get the kids to bed as a replacement for my usual dessert.  I know I'm not supposed to snack, but sometimes it's so hard!!   :(

I am in the same boat. I have felt fine since the start and since the other day (day 8) I got a headache, really sluggish and grumpy. I too haven't noticed any physical changes. My cravings aren't gone but I haven't caved to any of them. 

I can understand it being discouraging but the way I figure for me...before this I was eating whatever, whenever. Before this I was 20+ pounds heavier than I was this time last year (note: my total loss since my last child to last year was 75+ pounds so gaining 20 pounds back just plain sucks). Before this I had lost all discipline with food, I didn't care about the consequences of my blind consumption and lost all self-respect for myself around food.

All of that....so NOT right. 

Therefore, my goal is make it to 30 days. Then my goal is to make it to 60 days. Do I want to lose some weight? Yes. Do I want to feel better? Yes.

But honestly....if I make it to 30 days then 60 days, then I will have regained control of myself and food. Whether the cravings go away or not...it doesn't matter because I'll have regained my discipline to not eat everything and anything just because it's there or because I can. Any other changes, weight or otherwise, HAVE to come...they simply HAVE to because I am not eating unhealthy food anymore. It might not show right away but I know it will eventually will based on simple cause and effect. 

So keep on going, don't compare too much, keep your eye on reaching 30 days, use the troubleshooting forums if you want to double check your food/menus and then just keep going. You are going to make it, we are going to make it and we are all going to feel freaking amazing for making it to 30 days regardless of everything else.

Oh yeah...I am ready for day 11!

Stepping down from my soap box now ;)

I am in the same boat. I have felt fine since the start and since the other day (day 8) I got a headache, really sluggish and grumpy. I too haven't noticed any physical changes. My cravings aren't gone but I haven't caved to any of them. 

I can understand it being discouraging but the way I figure for me...before this I was eating whatever, whenever. Before this I was 20+ pounds heavier than I was this time last year (note: my total loss since my last child to last year was 75+ pounds so gaining 20 pounds back just plain sucks). Before this I had lost all discipline with food, I didn't care about the consequences of my blind consumption and lost all self-respect for myself around food.

All of that....so NOT right. 

Therefore, my goal is make it to 30 days. Then my goal is to make it to 60 days. Do I want to lose some weight? Yes. Do I want to feel better? Yes.

But honestly....if I make it to 30 days then 60 days, then I will have regained control of myself and food. Whether the cravings go away or not...it doesn't matter because I'll have regained my discipline to not eat everything and anything just because it's there or because I can. Any other changes, weight or otherwise, HAVE to come...they simply HAVE to because I am not eating unhealthy food anymore. It might not show right away but I know it will eventually will based on simple cause and effect. 

So keep on going, don't compare too much, keep your eye on reaching 30 days, use the troubleshooting forums if you want to double check your food/menus and then just keep going. You are going to make it, we are going to make it and we are all going to feel freaking amazing for making it to 30 days regardless of everything else.

Oh yeah...I am ready for day 11!

Stepping down from my soap box now ;)

Omg thank you so much Karen! I so needed that pep talk! We're in the same boat. Two years ago, after my second baby I lost over 30 pounds in a few months. I had gotten skinnier than I was before the pregnancy and I was happy. But then the slight gains and losses in weight started to happen. A few here and there. But then after awhile it got to the point where I was just eating because it was there. Just mindless eating and I hated that. I gained all that weight and I felt miserable. So your cheering just cleared so much of my anxiety I had been feeling yesterday and today so thank you! No I can sleep peacefully :)

Naz,

You will look amazing for your wedding anniversary! Even more amazing because you will feel amazing on the inside! We can do this!   And woman, a little bit of tough love here.... STOP comparing yourself to other people. It never helps.

Lydia,

I cant commit to a whole 60 myself because I have a trip to Hawaii coming up, but I can commit to supporting you through yours!! 

LuvFlyGirl

Crazy how quickly life can change!

Oh and next time your husband tries to step on the scale..... beat him with it :P

Khughes17

Digestive issues.... I am kinda miserable. Sorry if TMI, but I have only had one bowel movement since we started! Was feeling pretty good, but the last 2 days I am feeling more and more bloated. Drank some warm peppermint tea today because in the past it has helped calm my belly. We shall see how that goes.

SarahAwright

I am also loving the daily emails. Seeing them in my inbox is like a little pat on the back for making it another day :)

Justwannacookie9

I vote not a 100% start over..... I vote you still say your on day 10 with us, and that you just commit to extending your plan to make up the difference.

Jkwo

My energy 100% disappeared today. :mellow:  Night and day difference from yesterday. Reading the timeline though it makes sense. We seem to be fitting in right where expected.

As for cravings, the past two days I have thought more about the foods I cant have then I did in the entire first week!! I think its finally catching up to me mentally and I don't like it. BUT despite that, I am still hanging in there and promised myself I would see this through!! No quitting or caving for me. So you cant either. This will help us feel better. We just need to push past this hump. ;)

And ps  I have felt guilty for eating apples with almond butter. Sure its whole30 approved but it feels like such a dessert/cheat and have become my new 'craving.'  Your not alone. I am honestly thinking I need to not eat any for a while to get past that guilty mindset.

Karen0_0

LOVED your soap box!! Very well said!! :D:)

Well day 10 is over and I am very glad that it is. I have just felt very disenchanted today. Feeling bloated and just blah about life. 100% difference from the high energy and happiness I had yesterday. Talk about a major mood swing.

BUT.... despite my :wacko: mood today, I am still on plan!

Looking forward to a new day!

Day 11

Well the good news is I don't feel like quitting - so I am hopefully going to get through this patch that we have been warned about.

I have also noticed that I don't feel as hungry between meals, at last !!! The sugar cravings are certainly hugely reduced ...not gone but going.

I did have an upset stomach yesterday, I don't think its from this or from the food prep/cooking - I do know there is a stomach bug going around and I think I have caught that!

Again a test, as when you feel ill you turn to comfort foods etc, but instead I am going to make up some soup today and see how I go. At the moment I don't think I could keep anything down anyway.

I thought yesterday's mail about planning was really true, I had planned to do my food prep for the 2nd half of the week last night - due to feeling so sick, I didn't do this. I am hoping I am up to it later today, as the thought of having some ready prepped/ready to go food always there has helped enormously. So has making extras of quite a few things. I even read about freezing lemon and lime juice, which I never thought of before.

My plan was to have a big cook up, so prep a few meals (sausages, mince etc), prep soup (Sweet pot and Squash), prep salad. I have bone broth I made which I have not tried out yet. Also freeze extras and remains of sauces, juices etc.

Also I loved the ribs recipe, so thought I would weigh out and bag up the spices needed for that, so I can really be prepped when I want to make them next.

Yesterday, although not feeling great anyway, I realised I didn't have a lot prepped and I really appreciated the days when I had been prepared. As it turns out I was really ill from about 4pm - so didn't eat anyway....

Good luck  to everyone to make it through today, and here's to being 1/3 of the way through the 30 days!

Good morning on Day 11!

I can hardly believe that I have eaten ONLY whole foods for the past 11 days. Incorporating more whole foods into my life was a goal of mine and here I am, smack dab in the middle of a whole foods revolution. I can do this!

I'm getting a little sick of meat too, ha! I have not been eating fish, though I love it and did buy some canned salmon. I think if I incorporate more fish into my weekly menu plans, I'll feel and appreciate the variety that it brings. Oh and yesterday I did not eat eggs! Ha ha. That was the first day in 10 days that I hadn't. Talk about sick of those! I haven't had any today yet, either, so maybe I'll have two days in a row without, and will feel a little more excited about them as an option once I've had a little break.

This morning for breakfast I had a bunch of leftovers, which was great and filling. I currently have cauliflower roasting in the oven and spent some time earlier prepping for the chocolate chili that I will be making this afternoon (from the Well Fed cookbook, I believe - or at least Mel Joulwan's website. I have Well Fed 2 out from the library but not the first one; not sure if the recipe is in the original book).

We've been rockin' the leftovers! Worked out pretty well that now today, a day I work from home, I can and need to make more food. 

Not too much else to report. I still notice that my patience is better and my irritability has gone down quite a bit. I'm also still needing to go to bed much earlier than I had been prior to the Whole30 (and that's saying a lot, because I'm typically not up past 10). It's sort of nice though, to feel the tiredness, allow it to happen, and respond accordingly. I used to snack or have chocolate or whatever crap was lying around, I'm sure to give my body some energy to stay up, when it really just needed SLEEP. I had to get over my 'it's too early for bed' mental  resistance and just go with the flow and listen to my body.

I have been snacking a TEENY bit - like an afternoon snack between lunch and dinner. I was feeling 'badly' about it but had to kind of shake myself/put it in perspective. I'm very aware of my hunger cues and have been having 100% compliant snacks...but just feeling like I should try a bit harder to cut the afternoon snack out. We'll see! It is definitely a million times better than the 38974 sugary snacks I'd have been lunch and dinner prior to this, so progress not perfection for me in this regard, though I'm the kind of person who always wants to try a little harder :)

Have a great day everyone - the weekend is in sight!!

I'll let you know how the chocolate chili turns out. I've heard really good things about it.

I'm so excited that we are a third of the way done!

I mentioned yesterday that I was having digestive issues and I think that's been resolved and it must have been the cashews. I didn't eat any at all yesterday and I'm fine now. I noticed that I was snacking a lot yesterday and it must have been due to my monthly cycle which showed up today days earlier than usual.

Jkwo: You are not alone with the cravings! DH made popcorn last night - one of our typical Wednesday evening rituals when not on W30 - and I really wanted some. I realized that I wasn't hungry - but I just wanted some because of habit and I like popcorn. And, no, I haven't experienced any changes in body composition that are apparent to me. The 10 lbs that I gained over the holidays are not giving up easily - and clothes are still just a little tighter than what is comfortable. Right now my biggest goal is "healthy" and hopefully with that will eventually come a healthier weight, as well.

HeidiAlexis: Yes, MJ's chocolate chili is in her first Well Fed cookbook - that's the only one of hers that I have, but I was scoping it out a couple of days ago thinking I want to try it. Maybe this weekend. Oh, and are you being careful to get enough fat in your Meal 1 and Meal 2? That is what seems to make the difference for me to be able to get from lunch to dinner without snacking.

I "think" (and that's a BIG "think"), that I'm finally starting to be able to gauge when I'm actually hungry, but I really have to make a conscious effort to tune in to what my body is telling me at any given point in time. For instance, I had a long stretch when I was ravenous the minute I walked in the door from work (1 to 2 hrs before dinner time) and wanted to eat everything in sight. At this point, I've been eating compliant for breakfast and lunch for long enough (I never really stopped doing that after my first W30) that I'm no longer starved when I get home from work, but occasionally I still find myself going to the fridge or the pantry to look for something to munch on. When it happens, I stop and think, and it becomes apparent that I'm NOT hungry, I just want something because I LIKE munching. That's one hobby that I will be happy to give up.  :D

HeidiAlexis: Yes, MJ's chocolate chili is in her first Well Fed cookbook - that's the only one of hers that I have, but I was scoping it out a couple of days ago thinking I want to try it. Maybe this weekend. Oh, and are you being careful to get enough fat in your Meal 1 and Meal 2? That is what seems to make the difference for me to be able to get from lunch to dinner without snacking.

I made Mel Joulwan's chocolate chili back on Day 2 and it was soo good!  I'm not usually a big chili fan, but I loved this one.  I'm even thinking of making it again in the next day or so :)

Hi all, It's been a while since I was last on but I've enjoyed reading your posts and getting caught up.  I've been feeling so many of the same things you have...am I losing weight...will I be mad if I don't lose weight in the end...I'm having some tummy issues, is that normal...I'm tired of cooking and dishes....when am I going to get that energy boost everybody talks about...is this way of eating sustainable beyond 30 days....am I going to revert to my old ways at the end of 30 days.  I was kind of having a pity party and venting to my husband about this a few days ago (maybe my Day 9 was more like the Days 10 & 11 in the timeline).  Fortunately, I got through it.  Hubby was a big help.  He reminded me that what I was doing for myself and the side benefits it was having for him and our boys were worth it...worth the extra time in the kitchen...worth the dishes (thank God he helps)...worth having to watch friends have a beer while I sip on water. 

You guys are helping a lot too. I know you may not be enjoying your stomach issues, or doubts, or struggles, or even bad haircuts, but THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much for sharing.  It's really helping me get through...just knowing there are others on the journey.

And I'll end by sharing a small victory.  I went out with a girlfriend a few days ago to a bar to watch a band.  We at out and I stayed compliant and passed on drinks.  It was so nice knowing I was not "stuck" to only having meals I made for myself AND that I could be in social situations and pass on alcohol.  WHOOPEE!!

Day 11 Done!

Well I am on the road to recovery from whatever sickness I had this week, my appetite came back somewhat yesterday. I have still managed to stay Whole30 compliant.

I was thinking about cravings, I haven't had any (THANK GOD), but a major factor in that is NOT having any of the bad food in the house. If it isn't here then I don't want it. I also know that I am not going to say to myself you will never be able to eat that piece of chocolate for the rest of  your life. NO, right now I am learning to roll with it, learning to control cravings, learning that I don't need to eat __________ (insert bad food) everyday, learning that just because its friday doesn't mean I have to have a sweet and salty treat to go with my movie night etc. One day once I learn that self control I will be able to have dessert once and a while or a piece of chocolate here and there (not 3 chocolate bars in 1 day or 1 dessert leading to dessert everyday). And thats how I'm looking at this, I don't know if thats how I should, but its helping me get through it

I have also been struggling with weight since I can remember and PCOS (and other health issues related to it) for what seems like forever. In January I kind of had this "AHA" moment and felt super motivated to make changes in my life. I have been told for years that the way to improve the symptoms of PCOS is to lose weight….but oh wait! ya its going to be super difficult for you to lose weight because of the PCOS. That "AHA" moment is my motivation and I am riding it for now….it has gotten me this far!

I am usually pretty good when I commit to eating healthy, I can maintain for quite sometime, but I always get in trouble when i go on vacation. It kinda turns in to a free for all. I am going away at the end of May and have already made a commitment to complete another Whole30 when I return. I already know that I am intolerant of dairy, gluten and eggs (yolks and whites)……so the big trick for me is to STAY AWAY (which hasn't always been easy….but I'm feeling pretty good for it right now).

I can't say that i'm feeling 100% (its also hard to decide what symptoms are from the cold and what symptoms are from the Whole30), I'm tired, headaches seem to be gone which is nice, I do feel a bit foggy and have trouble concentrating, I did have issues going to the washroom the 1st week ( this seems to be getting back on track). I don't have that "Tiger Blood" yet, but I am very hopeful I will feel that.

All i can say is that WE ARE ALL WORTH THE WHOLE30, we all deserve for our bodies to feel good, our bodies deserve the respect that we are currently showing them with this healthy eating…..with that comes happiness. Trust in the process…..I know I am!

Congrats on Day 11 everyone!

Wow! There is SO much inspiration on this thread! I love it! And it's exactly what I needed. 

Today: bloating (it started yesterday evening really). I think it's because I had a very small amount of apples. It's that crazy FODMAP thing again. Oh well, I kind of knew instinctively that it wasn't a good idea to eat ANY apple. Sometimes the added restriction of staying away from FODMAP foods is discouraging. But I feel so much better when I do and I'm hoping that by doing this W30, I will have a clearer idea of what's causing me grief.

I was reading through my list of symptoms that I made on Day 0, things I hope might go away or at least decrease this month and I thought I would be able to share an absence of 1 of them, hyperventilating...but it's back. So, I don't know if it's because I saw it on my list and it triggered something. Sheesh.

OK, in no particular order because I'm feeling that random...

-I picked up Well Fed from the library about an hour ago. Can't wait to have a look!

-I am still loving homemade almond milk in my tea. And it's kind of fun squeezing the nut-milk-bag-thing :P

-This is a lot of work! 

-I like to eat!

-I am trying not to snack and doing better than week 1 but at least my snacking is compliant (like a small serving of chicken salad and a few walnuts). 

-I expect perfection of myself and, guess what? Ain't happenin'!

-my husband is really doing well, even though this thing was my idea. And he has to eat on the go a lot, because of work. I'm impressed (but I haven't forgotten the 2 swigs of beer on Day 5. Just sayin').

-today I am bloated, oh yeah I already said that...and my tummy is sore. Typical IBS for me.

-bacon is in the oven to go on Cobb Salad for dinner. Yum!

-I think (fingers crossed) I've got the hang of the mayo thing. I no longer have 2 jars of "to be fixed" mayo in the fridge. I fixed "em.

Ok, one last thing and then I must make dinner...

Why do hairdressers not listen?? Why do they appear to be listening and do what they want anyway? Why do they ALWAYS straighten my hair? And why do they spend 30 minutes styling my hair? I haven't spent 30 minutes styling my hair for 30 years!! Ok, rant over. And, my apologies if any of you are hairdressers. I'm sure none of this applies to you  :D

Stay strong my W30 friends!!

Day 11 is done! Today I got my workout in, I'm still sticking to the plan, but today between lunch and dinner I got a headache. Headaches are very uncommon for me so dunno what caused this one. My menu is pretty much a repeat between a couple dishes for each meal so I didn't do or easy anything different. Today for the first time I tried to eat something ordered ever since starting the whole30. My hubby was in the mood for this Mediterranean/middle eastern take out place close to our home. So I called the restaurant and starting asking questions. Unfortunately all their meat is marinated in soybean oil. The only thing that was whole 30 compliant was the kufta kabab which was a mix of lamb and beef. Idecided to see what other options I had so I called an Indian/Pakistani place nearby and the same thing. They marinate their meat in vegetable oil that has soy in it! I ended up getting the kuftakabab and having it over cauliflower rice and it tasted pretty good! I'm surprised I liked it because I'm not a big fan of lamb I guess my tastes are changing and everything does taste better. And I learned a little about how little take out places are not the healthiest.

I hope my fellow workout groupies are still working out (ehem, you know who you are!) I need you guys so that I can finish my workout plan!

Hope everyone's day 11 went well!

Archived