Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naz786, I'm pretty sure I'll extend to 45 but not sure about 60.

I wonder where Heidi is...?

Dinner tonight was just OK. I made the chimichurri beef kabobs from the Whole 30 book. My son thought it would be better with chicken. Maybe it was the cut of meat I used, it was a little tough even though it marinated for almost 8 hours. So next time I'll probably do chicken. Tomorrow night: carnitas.

I'm doing pretty well. I do feel like I've lost some steam. After 2 nights of really good sleep and then a night of so-so sleep, last night I was back to insomnia. This gets so discouraging as I have been dealing with it for a very long time. I guess I was hopeful that I would feel better than I do by now. But I'll keep plugging away .

Stay strong friends!

Marci

Hello Everyone! Sorry haven't been around but last week my son got sick, then this weekend I got sick (still am with a throat infection), yesterday was hubby's turn and today my daughter got sick. Oh and I got my period today too but at least the only symptom for that is a mild head ache compared to the full blown migraines I usually get.

However, I am still on plan! I seriously contemplated some cough syrup before bed tonight though but I didn't. Hopefully I can push through it in the next few days.

I am still in for 60 days but I am soooooooo looking forward to hitting 30 days to get some more fuel for the next leg.

Stay strong everyone - you are halfway there!!!!

It's just killing me not to know if I'm losing weight or inches. I'm not really thinking my pants fit any differanly. I still think I might be eating to much protein. I think I'm going to scale it back these next two weeks. Other than that I feel great.

Still pushing for whole 60!

I've been feeling tired the past few days and can't stay asleep. It's starting to bother me that I'm supposed to feel this burst of energy by now. I know we are halfway through but the feeling of will it end soon/will I feel better soon is really getting to me. I'm enjoying the new foods I'm trying and so is my whole family but I'm just about over it. I'm sure this feeling will pass.

How's everyone doing?

Hey, cheers to those of you doing a Whole 60, but may I suggest starting a separate thread for that? I want to keep focusing on this thirty for now. Otherwise, it feels like we just moved the goalposts. 

HOORAY FOR DAY 17!!!

LIEvans: maybe we can all stick together for the initial 30 days and then those of us who want to go longer can start a new thread...what think ye?

Naz: I plan to weigh on Day 31.

khughes: I'm with you. I actually feel worse this week than last week. Headaches, more pronounced fatigue. But let's see it through!

Has anyone heard from Heidi??

Karen0: good to see you back! Take care and feel better soon!

Marci

LIEvans: maybe we can all stick together for the initial 30 days and then those of us who want to go longer can start a new thread...what think ye?

Naz: I plan to weigh on Day 31.

khughes: I'm with you. I actually feel worse this week than last week. Headaches, more pronounced fatigue. But let's see it through!

Has anyone heard from Heidi??

Karen0: good to see you back! Take care and feel better soon!

Marci

I was thinking the same thing that we should all stay together for these last two weeks and then the rest of us will go on together. I sent a message to Heidi but no word from her yet. Do you know if she's on instagram? I hope she's doing OK

Hey everyone!

Karen0_0- I know how you feel I was really really sick last week and it took everything in me not to take any cough syrup, even though I thought it was a terrible choice at the time I'm happy I didn't now.

Naz- I am also committed to a Whole60, I am feeling good the way I am eating and would like to continue afterwards. I think I new thread would be good once we finish the 30.

I am really excited that we are just over half way through! For me it seemed so difficult to think of changing for a period of 30days, and now I think why didn't I do this sooner.

I also got my period this week, which isn't normal to have it 2 months in a row due to the PCOS, maybe this means its working? Normally I am very sick and in bed for a couple of days. Nauseous, extreme back and leg pain, headaches/migraines- I have none of that this time- maybe another sign this is working? I am pretty tired this week, but I think I'm blaming it on the period

I have been getting some comments at work saying that I look like I lost weight, or that I just look good in general- all very encouraging to continue this journey!

I feel more optimistic, I feel like I am in a better mood every day and just have a better outlook. 

Good luck everyone! Keep up the good work!! 13 days left! WE CAN DO THIS!!

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday just was busy with other stuff. But I'm still going strong! I can't believe we're already halfway and the next thing you know we'll be done! I'm still working out everyday. This is really light workout called cize by Shaun t. I'm just doing this program right now until I get a set routine. I don't want to add anything on that could jeopardize my whole30. I think I'll get back into my hardcore workouts after I'm done with this whole30. I'm really considering just extending this out to a whole60. Anyone want to join me?

Hi Naz786 -

I saw the last time you asked about doing a W60 and I thought the idea was crazy, but since I read that question, it's been burning in my mind!  I'm actually considering the possibility of it - we'll see.  Just wanted you to know I was thinking about it with you!   :)

Everyone -

Tonight was one of my hardest and most tempting nights by far.  We ate at the hospital while visiting a friend, and as crazy as this sounds, the food is INCREDIBLE there.  95% of it was off limits for me and it was sooooo hard.  I had a salad with some grilled vegetables and chicken and vinegar and oil, but I wanted so much more than that!!!  I've been in a tizzy all night since then just wanting everything in sight.  Sigh.

This weekend we're headed on a car trip out of town for a wedding and I'm getting a little nervous for that.  I will pack some snacks for the car and our hotel room will have a mini fridge and microwave.  At the wedding, I'm not quite sure what I'll do.  I think I recall one of you saying you had an extra Lara bar (or equivalent) in your purse just in case when you were at a similar event, so I think I'll do the same.  Anyone else have any other tips for traveling and/or weddings that you can pass along?  TIA

~ Julie

Day 17 finished! My body is so used to this routine that when it's almost time for the next meal, I start to get hungry.

I think I might make this a permanent lifestyle! With occasional splurges. That's pretty far ahead first I've got to get through this whole30! How's everyone else doing? Is anyone else working out?

Good luck on day 18!

I'm on the fence about extending my W30. I know from my reading that extending or doing additional W30's can be really beneficial for some people, and I suspect I may be one of those, but the fatigue I've been experiencing is discouraging. While I have a log for this W30 on the forum, I have decided it isn't quite specific enough, so I started another log off-line with more details. I'm trying to make sure I get some starchy vegetables every day, in an effort to alleviate the fatigue, and monitoring my non-caffeinated fluid intake to make sure I'm getting enough to drink every day. Not to complain or anything, but I would like to know WHY taking care of our health can be so difficult sometimes? [sigh! First world problems!!]

Day 19! Just checking in ... how's everybody doing? I'm definitely in the "feeling great" part, which is wonderful, and this program is starting to become somewhat second-nature.  Random stuff:

• I just noticed the suggestion of eating 1-3 cups of veggies at every meal. Wow! I've definitely managed that for lunch and dinner but for breakfast? No, I'm probably doing 1/2 a cup for breakfast. I'm really not terribly hungry at breakfast time, and I get full quickly.
    • That said, I get hungry for lunch very early in the day, so I guess I should make an effort to eat more veggies at breakfast, huh?
  • I find I'm often challenged to eat enough during the day. (Which is completely mental considering how much I was eating before this.)
  • I'm definitely starting to worry about "after." I don't want to slide back into my old habits.
  • Speaking of habits, I'm reading a really excellent book about them: The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg. I think it's referenced in some of the Whole30 materials. Very helpful to read about how and why habits are formed!

That's all! I'm grateful for this forum and the support it offers. Cheers to you all!

Hi to al!

It has been a crazy busy week - cannot believe it is day 19!!!!!

I feel that things have become easier in so many ways and I feel just a calmness, which is really nice.

Well done to everyone for working so hard on this!

I am toying with a 45 or 60 myself...somehow it seems doable. I didn't think I would last 1 week and now I feel like it wouldn't be that hard to just continue!!

Also tried the choc chilli this week - it was YUM!

Sarah x

Just finished my interview with Mel Joulwan, author of the Well Fed cookbooks. It went great!

I'm curious to know how she incorporated strength training into her routine. And also how should one that is slightly interested start?

Also, Naz786, I asked your your question! Thanks for offering it up!

The episode is scheduled to go up next Wednesday, March 9th. Link is available in my signature.

Just finished my interview with Mel Joulwan, author of the Well Fed cookbooks. It went great!

Also, Naz786, I asked your your question! Thanks for offering it up!

The episode is scheduled to go up next Wednesday, March 9th. Link is available in my signature.

Oh yayyy! Thank you! I can't wait to hear what she said!

Congratulations everyone for getting through day 19! Just got 10 more days top go! I had an amazing NSV tonight! Well here's the story: see there's this cake at Costco called caramel tres Leches and I've been meaning to try it since my sister has and she loved it. I never got the chance to bit this week it's on sale and my hubby had gone to Costco to get a few things and he comes home with that cake in his hand! My first thought: oh no! What am I gonna do? ! Split second later, I'm just thinking it's just a cake no problem. So I pick it up and put it away in the fridge. After dinner, hubby pulls the cake out for dessert and asks me if I want some. Of course I said no and he was like oh that's right...and then he's like well just have one bite. That won't hurt. I'm like uh uh no thanks I'm so close now. And I actually realized that I didn't really want it even if I could have it. I think since it's nothing special there's no reason why I should have that cake. Realizing that I actually have control over what I eat is really empowering! I feel great! I hope I can make such conscious, thought out decisions before splurging into anything. I don't think I've had so much control over choosing not to eat something in a long time. Has anyone else had such a revelation?

Oh and another happy note: hubby had been away on a business trip this whole week so when he saw me today he actually said hey, you're losing your curves! So I guess I must be slimming down! Those"curves" that he's talking about were the excess ones that aren't needed so good riddance! I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Realizing that I actually have control over what I eat is really empowering! I feel great! I hope I can make such conscious, thought out decisions before splurging into anything. I don't think I've had so much control over choosing not to eat something in a long time.

Way to go!!!!

Archived