Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

I am still going and finally a NSV, my pants are officially loose! Yay!

Also, I was telling my hubby the other day that I wanted to reward myself when I reach 30 days but not with food like I normally would...so he surprised me today with an outfit from Fabletics as an "I'm proud of you" gift! That meant so much and that will certainly get me to the finish line now :)

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still going and finally a NSV, my pants are officially loose! Yay!

Also, I was telling my hubby the other day that I wanted to reward myself when I reach 30 days but not with food like I normally would...so he surprised me today with an outfit from Fabletics as an "I'm proud of you" gift! That meant so much and that will certainly get me to the finish line now :)

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

That is soooooo sweet! And a great idea! A non-food reward. When I hit day 30,I want to rate myself too!

I'm afraid our numbers have dwindled :(  I guess it's to be expected.

We have a great nephew here and my husband just fixed him blueberry pancakes. I'm eating leftover fish from last night's dinner. Good fish, but fish, not pancakes.

I really wish I felt better; I may need to whine about it a little. I know they say it takes longer for some people and I realize I may be one of those people. I don't have diabetes or pre-diabetes, I don't think I have AI issues, but it is in my family. I'm not sure what to think.

I am very, very proud of myself and feel pretty good psychologically. I do think I have possibly toned up or lost a few pounds (I had a dream that I'd lost 9 lbs!), but, because of IBS, I still have some bloating. 

I'm not really tempted to quit, I do feel like food has lost much of it's power over me, but I am discouraged about not feeling much different than before I started.

On a brighter note, here's what I do to make amazing fish:

cod or rockfish

eggs

hazelnut meal/flour mixed with spices of choice (I use Slap Yo Mama)

avocado oil

rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels

dredge in eggs

dredge in hazelnut/ spice mixture

cook in hot avocado oil

Yum!!

Stay strong!! 

Marci

Marci

Hang in there!  It's day 20!!!  We are just about to cross the finish line.  Keep doing what you've been doing.  I'm betting you might be surprised when you step on the scale the morning of Day 31! 

I've had 10 pounds hanging around for the past year or so.  Basically too lazy to do anything about it.  (Hey, I'm honest!)  Finally I got tired of my muffin top and another Summer is fast approaching here in Phoenix.  Well I'm sure I haven't lost 10 pounds BUT the muffin top is much better and the cellulite on my butt cheeks is less too!  My husband told me he noticed that because that's where I put on weight first.  So, I know it's working!  I'm back into shorts that I couldn't breath in.  I'm really not too concerned what the number on the scale says, I'm judging by how my clothes fit.

A little victory here, last Sunday my husband was talking about "having had enough of this" "wanting popcorn at the movies" etc.  Well I said do what you want.  I continued to cook and eat W30.  So did he!  We talked about it again just a few days ago.  He fully intends to stick with it but know when he goes back to work he may not be able to.  It will be day 26 for him and I'm ok with that.  He was at the Dr. last week and of course they took his weight.  He seemed a little disappointed that he hadn't lost more.  He was down 8 pounds but with his clothes on.  I told him to subtract 2 pounds.  He cheated and weighed in the first week, lost 7.  So I'd say he's down a solid 9 pounds and it shows!!!

I go back to work tomorrow.  I'll be packing my food bag for 9 meals!  This will be the hardest part for me so far.

We can do this! Enjoy your weekend!

Today was day 20! Only 10 more days to go! I love this routine now. And since I get so much work done on Sundays, the rest of the week is pretty easy. Speaking of Sundays, tomorrow is my major prep day which means it'll be quite hectic in my kitchen! I'm gonna try making a broccoli soup from Nom-Nom Paleo. But I'm gonna add mushrooms to it too. I hope it turns out good! Anyone else prepping tomorrow?

My workouts are going great and they get me in a good vibe since I do them first in the morning. How's everybody else's workouts? I hope everyone is having a good weekend! 10 more days people! Almost there!

I'm still here!  A crazy busy week, and definitely noticing the NSV!!!  My husband and I are getting ready to put our house up for sale by the end of the month.  Got a call from the realtor Tuesday-people in from out of town, could she go ahead and show the house this Sunday?  So much to be done.  I've been cleaning and de-cluttering like mad after work.  Before Whole30, I would have been stress eating and the stress would definitely show.  I can't believe how much calmer I feel with the situation, and how much energy I have.   I definitely have been having some cravings for chocolate, wine, etc.   The things I used to eat when I was stressed.  But I am able to recognize them for what they are and go on.  I'm sleeping great.  No waking during the night, falling asleep quickly.  That hasn't happened for a very long time.  I still am having some skin issues, but they're better and I've been able to stop taking 2 of my allergy meds.  

The only negative is that because this week has been so hectic, my meals have been quite plain and boring.  I am looking forward to taking some time tomorrow to try some new meals.  The positive is that it has made deciding what to eat easier-there is a formula to follow.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well too.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

We are almost done!!! 

Friday I made the roasted red pepper sauce for the Whole30 book with chicken and zoodles……SO GOOD!!. Just finished up some meal prep! Chili for lunches (again….i really enjoyed it last week)…..sausage for breakfast. Im making a huge batch of roasted root veggies with curry sauce tonight so i will be able to use that through the week as well. 

Well I can say that I have wayyyy more energy! Normally on weekends I'm so tired from the week that I just want to lay on the couch all day and watch movies…..well not now! I have lots of energy and am not tired. Same thing for weeknights….I was always so tired after work I would come home force myself to cook dinner and fall asleep on the couch…..not now! I love this new energy!

Still no cravings which is awesome! I had to buy a couple of new tops yesterday because some of mine were quite baggy and making me feel frumpy. I also hadn't seen my mother in 2 weeks and she made some comments about my winter coat looking really loose ( its nice to hear!!)

This weekend were my step brother and step fathers birthdays, so Saturday we went to my parents place for takeout and cake….everyone was eating pizza, brownies and pineapple upside down cake. My mom made her and I this delicious stir fry with spaghetti squash……I DID NOT miss eating all that crappy food….I wasn't tempted or anything. I knew that if I had eaten that food I would have felt so sick afterwards that it wouldn't have been worth it.

I have already decided I am getting myself a non food reward for my 30days! I'm excited and super proud! 9 days left is nothing after coming this far! Im also excited to continue on for another 30 days…why wouldn't I if I am feeling so good?!

I really like the idea of the non-food reward. Focusing on that and non-food ways to deal with stress are big for me. After a really stressful week, I am really craving a glass of wine.

Wine is my biggest temptation. Just became habit to sit with a glass of wine and relax. Now I have sparkling water in my wine glass, sometimes with smashed berries in it. Not the same but not bad either :)

Wine is my biggest temptation. Just became habit to sit with a glass of wine and relax. Now I have sparkling water in my wine glass, sometimes with smashed berries in it. Not the same but not bad either :)

i like that idea-will get berries tomorrow!

Holy crap! It's DAY 22!!!! I can't believe we are almost done. I'm extending mine by a few days so that I can end it on a weekend instead of a weekday. I haven't quite decided what I'm doing after this round is done.

To those with family members at home with little ones - what are your go to recipes? My girls are getting too picky and it's driving me insane. My husband is not so bad. He eats whatever protein I prepare and eats a salad for the most part. I borrowed Well Fed from the library but I didn't really see any recipes that appealed to me so the Internet has been my savior when it comes to cooking.

Here's to 8 more days! Have a great week everyone!

I'm still here too!  I haven't been posting on here but I have been reading everyone's messages.  I can't believe we only have 8 days left; time has really flown by and this all seems like second nature to me now.  Instagram has really been a helpful tool for me to keep myself accountable.

I have been so tempted to weigh myself because I can notice a clear difference in the way my clothes fit.  A lot of my tops are much bigger now and i feel so frumpy in a lot of my clothes.  It is a great thing though, and it'll be fun to buy some new clothes as a reward once I'm done.  I'm going to hold strong and not weigh myself, but I already know what I'll be doing the first thing on Day 31!

I'm a meeting planner and have an event on Thursday and Friday this week.  Normally that means long 12+ hour days with lots of non-compliant foods like bagels, breads, cookies, brownies, pretzels, hors droves and alcohol. I'm going to plan ahead and pack healthy snacks so I have those available to me when I get hungry.  I'm interested to see if I even want any of those bad food options...

We got this guys, only 8 more days :) :)

Hey, all. Just wanted to let you know that I did a re-start as of Sunday. On Saturday we had a day trip planned with my daughter and son-in-law, which has been on the calendar to two months, so I didn't want to re-schedule it. The trip included lunch, a brewery tour, and a stop at a cheese factory. I made it through lunch just fine, but the brewery was my downfall. I did some searches of the forum to see how other people have handled similar situations and stayed compliant, and it appeared that the recourse some people used was to do the sampling but just spit it out. Since brewery tours somewhat qualify as a special occasion for us, I just went with it and decided to enjoy it - but I did re-start yesterday, and I'm okay with that. I am already aware from past experience that 30 days is probably not enough to experience the major changes I want to, and that I just do better in general staying as close to the W30 as possible for day-to-day eating. I finally just finished reading ISWF - which I had but didn't finish reading when I did my first W30, and there are a few things in the book that I had not seen posted elsewhere, so this is okay. Praxisproject has mentioned in a couple of other places that she does best when she follows not only the requirements, but the additional recommendations, so I have been reviewing those and looking at how to implement them, too. Now if I can just pry myself out of this desk chair to go and eat lunch away from my desk!

I just want to commend all of you for keeping on keeping on. I found after doing my first W30 that it was fairly easy to just stick to the routine for breakfasts and lunches, because I knew that I wanted to eat more healthy in general, anyway, so if that works for you, I would encourage it. Good job, everyone. Hang in there and finish strong!  :)

Holy crap! It's DAY 22!!!! I can't believe we are almost done. I'm extending mine by a few days so that I can end it on a weekend instead of a weekday. I haven't quite decided what I'm doing after this round is done.

To those with family members at home with little ones - what are your go to recipes? My girls are getting too picky and it's driving me insane. My husband is not so bad. He eats whatever protein I prepare and eats a salad for the most part. I borrowed Well Fed from the library but I didn't really see any recipes that appealed to me so the Internet has been my savior when it comes to cooking.

Here's to 8 more days! Have a great week everyone!

I've been double cooking most of the time, yikes and it's getting tiring.

OMG today was day 22! I can't believe I've gone so many days without the grains and starches I thought I couldn't live without! I don't even miss dessert anymore after dinner. Nclares I'm dying to weigh myself on day 31! I hope everyone is doing well! We're almost there!

I've been double cooking most of the time, yikes and it's getting tiring.

Hang in there! For my breakfasts and lunches I alternate between 2 already prepared dishes. So then I only have to worry about dinner and even for that my veggies are already cut and steam-sautéed stop then I just have to add extra flavoring if I want to. Then is not so bad. Hope that helps!

Here we go day 23!!!

I feel awesome today. I woke up early and got a workout in and I just feel really motivated to finish this round strong. My husband asked me last night what day I'm on and I told him 8 more to go but I was extending it by a few days or even end of the month. He said I was crazy and that I'm doing too much. I told him that this has been harder on him than me when he's not even doing anything. Ha! He mentioned he wants to go out to eat and I really have a hard time trying to wrap my head around that idea. Sure, I'd like to go out but it just seems a bit much for me right now. I'm more comfortable cooking my meals and knowing what's exactly in it.

I just have to say that I'm so sick of eggs. I don't think I can eat any more eggs but I have a huge breakfast casserole to eat for this week. I feel like I'm going to vomit just thinking about it.

Hey everyone! I'm glad to hear all the NSVs!!

Just a few notes of response:

-DO check out Well Fed. Even if nothing looks good, try her spice blends and sauces. I think picky eaters will be more likely to eat what you serve if it has a lot of yummy flavor.

-I too, can't do eggs much. It has worked much better for me to eat leftovers for breakfast. This morning it's ribs and peas w/ghee.

Ok, so I'm not doing as well as I'd like to be. I do think I have slimmed down a bit, maybe a few pounds. It's hard to tell with the intermittent IBS bloating. Still no improvement in the sleep category. Energy level is about the same, lots of fatigue, still waking with headaches. However, here's one thing I have noticed: I have neuropathy in my hands and feet from chemo. Usually, I wake up frequently throughout the night because my hands and feet, elbows and knees ache. I still have pain but it's improved enough that it's not waking me at night. To me this means maybe I have less inflammation in my body. 

I am super proud of myself for doing this! I don't know if I have ever gone this long without some sort of sugar or stevia.

I do feel like it's an exhausting way to eat though. I am spending a lot of time on food, and it's not a new thing to me; I have been a SAHM and always prepared the majority of our food. So I'd love it if I could find shortcuts.

Sunday we had meatballs and zucchini noodles (Well Fed) with tomato sauce form Whole 30. It was amazing! It took me almost 2 hours to prepare though. Oh, I added pesto: yum!!

Stay strong friends!!

Marci

Hello ladies! I am still around. I just stopped posting because I had to start over on day 14 or 15? So currently I am back to day 8.

I am feeling much better! My energy has increased and today on my day off, I actually got dressed in regular clothes!! I know that doesn't sound like much but coming from someone whose depression rages at the thought of putting clothes on her fat body makes her crawl back into bed, that's huge!! Normally I just live in my scrubs.

I have also been using Instagram for my accountability as I am a huge visual person and so the pictures and colors appeal to me much more than a forum and helps keep me going. If you are not already, but want to follow me there my username is _a_glimpse_of_me_

Keep up the amazing work ladies!!

Just tried Brat Hans sausages tonight. They're on sale at Whole Foods. Spicy cilantro is really good - tons of Whole30 compliant varieties, more than Aidells. Fun to find something for a quick dinner, especially now that grilling weather is here!

• Moderators

I do feel like it's an exhausting way to eat though. I am spending a lot of time on food, and it's not a new thing to me; I have been a SAHM and always prepared the majority of our food. So I'd love it if I could find shortcuts.

Sunday we had meatballs and zucchini noodles (Well Fed) with tomato sauce form Whole 30. It was amazing! It took me almost 2 hours to prepare though. Oh, I added pesto: yum!!

Stay strong friends!!

Marci

Hi, Marci -- have you seen the ideas for doing a weekly cookup from Mel Joulwan? She goes into more detail in Well Fed, but the basics are here (and here's a sample weekly menu with instructions, if you want a more detailed example). That one day of cooking can be exhausting, but it saves a lot of time throughout the week. And if you don't want to do a week's worth of everything at once, you can always modify to suit your needs -- maybe you do two shorter cookups, one on the weekend and one midweek, or maybe you only do the veggie part of the cookup and fix your meat fresh throughout the week -- whatever works for you.

I'm not sure what part of Sunday's meal took you so much time, but I will say that, as fun as meatballs are to eat, I find them really fussy to make, so a lot of times, I'll just add the seasonings to ground meat and then brown it in a skillet (like you would for something like taco meat), or if I've got the grill going outside, I'll make burger patties out of it and grill them. Either of those options seem to take less time for me, and the taste is really the same. I'll do meatballs occasionally, but mostly I look for quicker ways to do things.

Here we go day 23!!!

I feel awesome today. I woke up early and got a workout in and I just feel really motivated to finish this round strong. My husband asked me last night what day I'm on and I told him 8 more to go but I was extending it by a few days or even end of the month. He said I was crazy and that I'm doing too much. I told him that this has been harder on him than me when he's not even doing anything. Ha! He mentioned he wants to go out to eat and I really have a hard time trying to wrap my head around that idea. Sure, I'd like to go out but it just seems a bit much for me right now. I'm more comfortable cooking my meals and knowing what's exactly in it.

I just have to say that I'm so sick of eggs. I don't think I can eat any more eggs but I have a huge breakfast casserole to eat for this week. I feel like I'm going to vomit just thinking about it.

I've never been a fan of eggs and so never even thought about having them for breakfast. I normally have a bowl of soup with some spicy tuna cakes on the side and I love this meal hands down over an omelette. So each meal doesn't have to be what you think you're supposed to have.

Archived