Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

Day 43! I was sore in places I didn't even know I could get sore! That workout really worked EVERYTHING! And I have to do another one from that series tomorrow! Well I gotta work hard to look good so hopefully I'll look good!

Today I made a tomato vinaigrette to go with my kale salad and it was really good! Here's the link

http://laughingspatula.com/fresh-tomato-vinaigrette/

Hope everyone had a good day!

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easter long-long weekend was a test after test. I said 'no thank you' to bread, alcohol, desserts and chocolates several times over the weekend. I even put together the treats for the Easter hunt and didn't "taste test" any of them. Surprisingly, I didn't feel deprived at any point either which was great. Success!!!

Day 44. Very productive day! I got my workout done. Got my shower clean, and then vacuumed the main level and even mopped it! Yes I have way more energy than I did before but I am pooped! We're almost halfway through this round already! Keep going strong!

Day 45! We're halfway there! Time is just zooming by and my eating routine feels so normal. Today I found tons of recipes for homemade deli meats on pinterest! I was bummed that kosher deli meats are expensive as it is and then when you try to find a healthier one, it's ridiculous! So I was just googling kosher deli meats and found some recipes. I looked on pinterest and found quite a few. I didn't get a chance to look at a lot but if I have time this weekend, I might try one out. Happy halfway day everyone! Hope you all are doing well!

Day 47. Well today had to step on the scale at the doctor's. And my weight came up the same that it was at the end of our first whole 30. At first I was so shocked but then I took a deep breath and thought about it. When I weighed myself on day 31,that was first thing in the morning with nothing on. This weigh in was late afternoon and fully clothed. So I don't know if I should happy that I may have lost some more weight or sad that it must not be a major loss. Well I guess it is better to lose weight slowly than it is to drop weight super fast with those crazy fad diets just to regain it plus more (that's the old me). This journey is just gaining some more momentum and I gotta keep going. Since I've got the diet pretty much down, know I must focus on my workouts which I am but I've got plenty of time to work on this. I just hope I lose all this unwanted weight by July. That is my ultimate goal.

So I don't know if I should happy that I may have lost some more weight or sad that it must not be a major loss. Well I guess it is better to lose weight slowly than it is to drop weight super fast with those crazy fad diets just to regain it plus more (that's the old me). This journey is just gaining some more momentum and I gotta keep going. Since I've got the diet pretty much down, know I must focus on my workouts which I am but I've got plenty of time to work on this. I just hope I lose all this unwanted weight by July. That is my ultimate goal.

Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat. You've been working out pretty diligently and that is why it's even more important to base your compass on the fit of your clothes and the way you feel, not the scale. I find the scale so demoralizing...shake it off and keep going.

Thanks you guys for the much needed support! Today was day 48 and we had to attend another party. I went straight for the salad, the chicken tikka pieces, as well as the beef kabobs. I wasn't even interested in the rice or wherever the other dishes were I didn't even look. But whet really threw me off was when they were serving the cake, I actually slightly wanted a piece! I was a bit surprised since that hasn't happened to me this whole time. But for a split second, I wondered what the cake tasted like but then wiped the thought away and said to myself what was I thinking! I guess there's still some major learning I've got left to do about my eating habits. Did you hear that Melissa Hartwig is going to release a book in October I think called Food Freedom Forever? I dunno if I'm gonna get one right now. I think I'll wait and see what the reviews will be like. Are any of you thinking about buying it? Hope everyone's weekend is going well. And tomorrow's prep day! Super busy!

Day 49. Crazy productive day! I roasted some chicken breast and cut them into pieces for my salads. I made some spicy tuna cakes from nom nom paleo. I have those with my breakfast. I made some ketchup. I like to combine the whole 30 recipe with Mel Jouwan's. It tastes so much better! I made a mushroom soup from a recipe I got on instagram from paleorecipes. I hope is good gonna try it for the first time in the morning. Plus I had to take care of my two little monsters. The whole day just flew by and now is the only time I'm getting to unwind a little before turning out the lights. I hope everyone else had a good weekend! Take care!

Day 50-Ten more days! What are everyone's plans for day 61? Are you gonna continue on to whole 90? Or will you start reintroduction? I can't decide what I should do. I'm already a bit anxious about how much weight if any I've lost. If I stop on day 60, I will continue to eat in a similar fashion except I'm going to add lentils/legumes back into my diet. I still have to think if I should make this into a whole 90. 10 days to go! Good luck everyone!

I'm also nervous about weighing in. I think I lost a bit more. But you never know until you step on the scale. I think I'm going to continue eating this way for 95% of the time but will eat a bit more Paleo. So that means add in a little honey here and there in some recipes. I'm also going to give up dairy for the most part. I think that was the problem in my diet. I used to crave cheese. And I've heard that normally if you crave something chances are you can have food sensitivities to it. My cholesterol was always to high. I'm curious if it's gone down. I'm going to check it again in a few months while continuing on this path. Take care! 10 more days

You guys who are still here are so inspiring - keep it up Lydia, Naz, Karen and anyone I missed!

I completed my first 30, took a small break (and didn't go totally off the rails!) and am a week back now being compliant. Reintro was kind of a mess so I think I'll go slow this time - especially since I *still* feel so good eating this way!  :)

My success has even inspired three friends to start a Whole30 this week!

Keep up the good work!

Kate

Instagram: whole_k8

Day 51. Nine days left! I'm excited that we're almost done with our second round and I'm nervous about me not slipping back. I feel so great this way right now. Maybe that'll keep me motivated to stay on track. Almost there! Hope all of you had a good day!

Good job Kate! I'm happy that you are doing so good.

I found an awesome recipe on Pinterest for cabbage rolls and made it today. It's a recipe from " This West Coast Mommy". It works for whole 30 and we just loved it. Here it is if anyone wants it. http://pin.it/NHh9C4M

Oooooo this looks delicious! I can't wait to try them!

Still here, still going. I think I'll keep going to the end of April or maybe May 4th as my daughters birthday is on the 5th. But I think I'll stick to paleo after that.

I also started working out. Started Tony Horton's 22 min corps on Monday and everything hurts :) It's an 8 week program so that will take me into my transition.

That's the plan right now.keep it up ladies.

Day 52. Coming closer to the end! I know I've said this before, but I still can't get over the fact that I stuck to a plan and I feel great! I hope to continue to follow paleo/clean eating, workout regularly and get myself ready for that 5k this fall! Plenty of goals I've got to work on and I'm excited!

Day 56. Got all my stuff done today in good time! I guess I'm getting used to this. I found a recipe for a new salad dressing and I love it! It has smoked paprika in it which gives it bbq-is flavor. Here's the link

http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2011/10/quinoa-salad-with-smoky-bear-dressing/

I didn't pay attention to the included salad. Hope everyone's weekend went well. 4 more days!

Archived