Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

I started my whole30 on Feb 1, Wow it has been 16 days of total change.I jst turn 50 and has been a roller coaster with my weight and then adding other medical problems, so I decided to better take care of myself and my husband is following the paln but not as whole30 but something else. So far i been noticing my clothes are fitting better. And my face is looking clear too. My meals are great too!!!!! Well I/m doing my lent as well so hopeful i will be focus in all the 3 physical, mental, spiritual. Nice to hear all this great stories. Thank God for this program for life.

Mela

Maybe I need to get on Instagram or FB... I really have been trying to cut back on screen time though. However, I need the support.

Day 2 note: 11 am and I am super jittery. It feels like low blood sugar, but I ate (compliant) sausage, an egg and sweet potato for breakfast. I'm off to check the timeline...

• Moderators

Maybe I need to get on Instagram or FB... I really have been trying to cut back on screen time though. However, I need the support.

Day 2 note: 11 am and I am super jittery. It feels like low blood sugar, but I ate (compliant) sausage, an egg and sweet potato for breakfast. I'm off to check the timeline...

How much sausage did you have? Was it a serving as big as the palm of your hand? Did you add fat at all? Your breakfast might have been on the small side.

Hi!

I started yesterday as well. This is my first Whole30!

I am a 36 year old runner, girlfriend, fur-mom and animal lover, sister, hippie at heart....and total sugar addict.

I have Raynaud's and a family history of various other autoimmune disorders (my mother was a Type 1 Diabetic and both sisters have been diagnosed with Celiac) I also experience chronic anxiety and depression, as well as skin issues that I've had since I was a teenager. Unfortunately, my skin sensitivities don't seem to respond to topical treatments, and I prefer to heal things naturally anyway, so I'm hopeful that changing my diet will give me new insight.
If nothing else, I'll be happy just getting back to my roots and eating the way I want to live: whole, colorfully, naturally, simply...

FYI: I've stumbled upon Mel Joulwan's cookbooks: Well Fed and Well Fed 2, and am finding her recipes super approachable (I am not a big cook but I do like to spend time fumbling around in the kitchen). Check her out if you haven't heard of her! She also has a blog, on which she offers tons of helpful tips, recipes, and humor :)
Tonight I am going to make her Crispy Chicken Livers with a side of roasted cauliflower. Even just on day 2 I am loving the way I feel.

Thanks for the support; I look forward to hearing about your journeys and hope to help you along the way!

I am not using the log available here, but I did create an Instagram account. It took a lot of courage for me to make it public. I know its dumb but I am sooooo self conscious and I don't want anyone I know to see it. THAT is one of the things I hope this journey can change for me. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. If anyone wants to follow me there you can (YIKES) the user name is  _a_glimpse_of_me_

I followed you! I love it :) my insta is tanaisawesome (I made it a very long time ago so laugh to your hearts content at my name lol)

I plan on posting my meals on my normal account. Just remember that if people want to "unfollow" you or give you crap about doing something like the Whole30, they don't deserve your time or energy! You are doing something great for yourself and pushing yourself to be the best you can be. 

Some people like using Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Just keep in mind there's a lot of stuff out there that isn't Whole30 compliant and stuff made from compliant ingredients that's SWYPO or just very unbalanced as a meal (I'm looking at you, Monkey Salad with loads of fruit and no vegetables or protein), despite it's hashtags, so be careful where you get your info from.

Hi!

I started yesterday as well. This is my first Whole30!

I am a 36 year old runner, girlfriend, fur-mom and animal lover, sister, hippie at heart....and total sugar addict.

I have Raynaud's and a family history of various other autoimmune disorders (my mother was a Type 1 Diabetic and both sisters have been diagnosed with Celiac) I also experience chronic anxiety and depression, as well as skin issues that I've had since I was a teenager. Unfortunately, my skin sensitivities don't seem to respond to topical treatments, and I prefer to heal things naturally anyway, so I'm hopeful that changing my diet will give me new insight.

If nothing else, I'll be happy just getting back to my roots and eating the way I want to live: whole, colorfully, naturally, simply...

FYI: I've stumbled upon Mel Joulwan's cookbooks: Well Fed and Well Fed 2, and am finding her recipes super approachable (I am not a big cook but I do like to spend time fumbling around in the kitchen). Check her out if you haven't heard of her! She also has a blog, on which she offers tons of helpful tips, recipes, and humor :)

Tonight I am going to make her Crispy Chicken Livers with a side of roasted cauliflower. Even just on day 2 I am loving the way I feel.

Thanks for the support; I look forward to hearing about your journeys and hope to help you along the way!

Hi HeidiAlexis,

I also have skin problems that are at their worst in the winter. Nothing seems to help. Right now I'm just trying to not put anything at all on it - and hoping the Whole30 will help me too. Let me know if it seems to be helping you.

Welcome to the group!

Tonya

Hi all, I have been lurking here reading everyone's posts and thought I'd join you, if you don't mind one more!

I'm Michelle, mom / RN / hospital supervisor from the Midwest. I have two little boys, ages 2 and 8. I have recently gained back 20 or so pounds that I had lost previously doing W30 two years ago. I've tried multiple times to get back on track and have discovered that I am quite the self-sabatoger. Anyone else? I start doing really well, feeling great, looking better, and then freak out and eat 10 bowls of Capn Crunch. (Or some similarly disgusting inflammatory food without breaks.). I can't seem to fall into a good place. I'm hoping this is it. Im also a cross fitter and the extra weight and inflammation I'm experiencing are pretty significant. Im hoping that will get better.

I have a lot of recipes and tricks and tips that have helped me be successful in the past, & I'm glad to share! I just need to figure out how to stop sabatoging myself on purpose when I start getting into the swing of things.

Best wishes everyone!

Michelle

Today has been rough. I've been slightly nauseous and headache-y.

I wasn't psyched with the dressing I made on my protein salad for lunch. I really came into this disliking mayonnaise and I think I should've mixed in some more herbs with the roasted red pepper sauce I added to the mayo. Live and learn!

But I have powered through, and haven't gotten derailed. Sipping on some herbal tea now while dinner is cooking: Brisket with butternut squash

Hope everyone else's day two was good, or that they have learned some lessons like me.

;)

Hi HeidiAlexis,

I also have skin problems that are at their worst in the winter. Nothing seems to help. Right now I'm just trying to not put anything at all on it - and hoping the Whole30 will help me too. Let me know if it seems to be helping you.

Welcome to the group!

Tonya

Thanks Tonya!

I will definitely keep you posted. I suspect that I have quite the journey ahead of me in terms of finding out what really triggers the issues, but I'm excited to actually be jumping in with both feet. 

Just so you know what I'm talking about here: I experience breakouts - some times worse than others -  and I also have uneven skin tone/redness and pretty severe dryness (on certain parts of my face). 

Do you have a particular face wash you use and like? I just tried a sample of Everclen (right - there is no 'a') from Mrs. Green's Natural Market, and I liked it. It's for sensitive skin: non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, fragrance free. No soap, parabens, gluten, animal testing, etc. etc.

To the group: first, the crispy chicken livers from Well Fed 2 were gross, though the recipe itself was spot-on and easy, and making something new was totally fun (be prepared for a mess though; the livers pop and jump while they cook). The liver taste though...just no.  

Second, coconut milk out of the can? Wow. That stuff is a dream. 

I followed you! I love it :) my insta is tanaisawesome (I made it a very long time ago so laugh to your hearts content at my name lol)

I plan on posting my meals on my normal account. Just remember that if people want to "unfollow" you or give you crap about doing something like the Whole30, they don't deserve your time or energy! You are doing something great for yourself and pushing yourself to be the best you can be. 

Following you back!! Love the support!

Hi all, I have been lurking here reading everyone's posts and thought I'd join you, if you don't mind one more!

I'm Michelle, mom / RN / hospital supervisor from the Midwest....

Freak out and eat 10 bowls of Capn Crunch. (Or some similarly disgusting inflammatory food without breaks.).

I was an RN for 10-15ish years but recently went back to school and got my Acute Care DNP. I kinda miss working more at the bedside though.

As for a Capn Crunch freak out... Man that sounds good right about now!! LOL   -  I am 100% guilty of the same behaviors.

Rikki

Day #2 almost done!!

I had a raging headache for the first part of the day.  I caved and took some Excedrin migraine. I honestly did not care at that moment if it was whole30 approved or not.  I get killer headaches anyway that can leave me curled up in a ball in a dark room and that's even without the withdrawals I may or may not be experiencing. So I took some medications, got the pain to cut back a few notches and I am currently sitting at work with a much more manageable discomfort level. Now I am just praying it doesn't hit that same severity again. I hate those! My headaches are honestly one of the reasons that I am doing the whole30. I'm tired of them leaving me debilitated :(  

I also felt really weak today. I felt like jello. I didn't necessarily feel tired, I just felt like it was hard to make my body move.  I also felt a little shaky. I'm sure the main reason for that is my body doesn't know how to fuel itself without the constant influx of sugar, so that will hopefully get better with time.

I better get off to work!!

Way to rock it so far everyone! We got this!

Is anyone else feeling super full after eating, like almost to the point of feeling sick?  I'm following the meal planning guide, but don't ever feel like I can finish what is on my plate.  

In other news, I made it through day 2 without the hangover feeling, but my sugar dragon is begging for all the sweets right now (despite the fact that I just finished dinner, and I know I'm not hungry). 

Day 2 for me is done and on track!

The only thing I am really missing is my glass of wine, which is probably a sign that I was drinking too much any ways  ;)

I'm on instagram and I'll be following you if you've posted your user name. I'm @inkanddirt (my business) and I sure do enjoy the whole30 feed too! 

Hope you all doing well and on to day 3 tomorrow!!

Hi Everyone,

I started on Whole30 on the 15th too!  I'm a runner and eat pretty healthy but I over indulged in sweets and wine during the holidays and want to reset my diet.  Luckily my husband has been paleo for a couple of years so I'm use to cooking dinners that follow Whole30.  My challenging time will be from 4pm - 6pm when I'm moving from work mode back to mom/wife mode.  Any hints on how to navigate this time frame when I'm craving some kind of end of work sweet treat?

Hi everyone!!!

Welcome to everyone new!  We made it through Day 2!!!! Yayyyy!!!! One more day crossed off.  I felt pretty good today. I had more energy today than I did yesterday. I just have to get used to this new feeling of being fulll versus being overstuffed. I'm keeping up with my water goals but then I'm going to the bathroom like CAH-RAZY!!! Is anyone else having this issue? I hope everyone else is doing well!

Good Luck for Day 3!

Hi Everyone,

I started on Whole30 on the 15th too!  I'm a runner and eat pretty healthy but I over indulged in sweets and wine during the holidays and want to reset my diet.  Luckily my husband has been paleo for a couple of years so I'm use to cooking dinners that follow Whole30.  My challenging time will be from 4pm - 6pm when I'm moving from work mode back to mom/wife mode.  Any hints on how to navigate this time frame when I'm craving some kind of end of work sweet treat?

Hi Everyone,

Hi and Welcome!

I drink green tea if I'm having a massive craving.  The warmth is quite comforting.  I hope that helps!  Good luck!

Is anyone else feeling super full after eating, like almost to the point of feeling sick?  I'm following the meal planning guide, but don't ever feel like I can finish what is on my plate.  

In other news, I made it through day 2 without the hangover feeling, but my sugar dragon is begging for all the sweets right now (despite the fact that I just finished dinner, and I know I'm not hungry). 

I'm in the same situation right now! It's always after dinner that this dragon decides to wake up! :angry:

Archived