reintro with an obstacle 8 days out

ana a

today is day 28 of my whole30. i'd really like to do a slow reintroduction, but i'm concerned about a fundraising dinner i'm going to 8 days after i complete whole30. (my boss bought a table, it'll be a professional event, etc.)

i know that i can attend the dinner and do my best to eat the foods that seem compliant, but does anyone have recommendations on how to do this well? should i try to introduce alcohol and sugar in the days before the dinner? after the dinner, i can always take awhile to reset my body before i try anything else, right? this isn't an ideal situation by any means, but i'd love advice on how to handle this when life gets in the way.

• Moderators

Since Sugar is not a gut disruptor, I would probably spend my 8 days testing things that do give a reaction such as dairy and grains.  These are going to be what you are more likely going to be hit with at a catered event so knowing how you do with them would be more important in my opinion than alcohol and sugar, which while they can be disruptive to your life and cause the sugar dragon to come back, they're probably not going to give you the runs while you're in a fancy dress at a work sponsored party...  dairy or grains might... ;)

Archived