nausea after knee surgery (pain meds), foods/meds to help?

I've got an appetite and everything so i'm eating all kinds of whole 30 compliant things, but my pain meds are making me so nauseated. I used to take "all natural" ginger gum to help with this sort of thing but of course it's packed with corn syrup and soy and crap! I can't walk for 7 days so I'm kinda limited to things I already have in the house. Any suggestions for homeopathic w30 remedies? I have a hunk of ginger in the fridge maybe I can do something with that? Or are there anti-nausea meds that are compliant I can send someone to get?

I was hoping taking the smallest dose of the pain meds, with food would help but so far no luck. I had the most delicious w30 omelette with asparagus and spinach and compliant bacon and I could barely enjoy it because of this gross feeling.

• Moderators

You can make yourself ginger tea with that hunk of ginger you've got. There are lots of good recipes but I think the simplest is just boiling it in water... most recipes you google probably have sugar so be careful there.

Sweet potato, banana, very cold water, peppermint tea...

I hope you feel better soon!

• Moderators

I found this online too:

Cloves are good for stopping nausea. Add one or two drops of clove oil to a cup of chamomile tea. Powdered cloves may be sprinkled on food. Another good herbal blend for treating nausea includes milk thistle seed, catnip, yellowroot, and rosehips. Spices and herbs were once added to foods to prevent food poisoning and nausea. These same ingredients can be utilized today and are found in most American kitchens. Nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, basil, fennel seed, and cloves can be mixed with water or juice for a great tasting nausea remedy.

Thanks @SugarcubeOD I think I have powdered and whole cloves (no clove oil) so maybe i'll stick the whole ones in a diffuser and pop that in a cup of team.

Nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, basil, fennel seed, and cloves also seems easy enough. I just ate a lovely root veggie curry so i'm not super hungry for bananas and more sweet potatoes at the moment but good to know if this persists into tomorrow

Archived