Day One today - Sep 25

I am starting Day One today - I am typical of many women my age (53) in that I have the post-menopausal weight gain - but I am also on synthroid for hypothyroidism, making weight loss difficult.

I had lost 115 pounds on Weight Watchers (reached goal in 2007) but over the years, I have put back on 35 of those pounds (hey, at least I kept off 80 pounds!) I had done a paleo-ish diet and it helped, but I could never keep to it. I think the strictness of the Whole30 idea will help me. I have been having lots of problems with bloating, gas and stomach pains - I think due to bread/wheat. Again, Whole30 will let me test my theory. I'd like to be able to eat without discomfort!

I am a runner as well - so I hope this does not affect my running too badly. I have a race Oct 6, but it is not a goal race, so if I am slow, I am slow - don't want to crash and burn, though. I have a goal 10K on Oct 28, and a goal marathon in january - I should be adapted by then, I hope.

So...on with the program!

I am starting Day One today - I am typical of many women my age (53) in that I have the post-menopausal weight gain - but I am also on synthroid for hypothyroidism, making weight loss difficult.

I had lost 115 pounds on Weight Watchers (reached goal in 2007) but over the years, I have put back on 35 of those pounds (hey, at least I kept off 80 pounds!) I had done a paleo-ish diet and it helped, but I could never keep to it. I think the strictness of the Whole30 idea will help me. I have been having lots of problems with bloating, gas and stomach pains - I think due to bread/wheat. Again, Whole30 will let me test my theory. I'd like to be able to eat without discomfort!

I am a runner as well - so I hope this does not affect my running too badly. I have a race Oct 6, but it is not a goal race, so if I am slow, I am slow - don't want to crash and burn, though. I have a goal 10K on Oct 28, and a goal marathon in january - I should be adapted by then, I hope.

So...on with the program!

Hi Roberta, Welcome to the fold! I'm on Day 10 and I'm telling you the days are just buzzing by. I highly recommend finding a few go-to recipes so that you're never in a bind for what to eat. I always keep nuts and fruit in my purse in case I get stuck somewhere longer than I expect!

Archived