I'm ready. Start Feb. 8th

mndellosa

Thanks to each of you for taking the time to respond -- I appreciate all of the feedback. The Robb Wolff articles was enlightening, thank you for sharing it, Shannon.  Today was better - no reactions even though my hubby did eat some of the same things he ate yesterday, although he said he is extremely tired. After we looked at the list of low histamine foods together, he agrees he needs to keep going, eliminate the high histamine foods and see how it goes. I am thrilled. This is a big step. So, I will modify my week two menu to include low histamine foods and am also planning on buying some histamine block from amazon. I've heard it can help...

Have a great weekend everyone!!

B)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what I have so far - I have not had the craving for off-limit foods like I expected, and did not go through the "kill all things" phase either. I had 3-4 days with a bad headache which was surprising because none of that was caffeine withdrawal. Yesterday I did realize I am probably eating too much fruit so I am going to try to cut back on that. Snacking - I still have a small snack (cup of grapes or orange) in the afternoon (part of the too much fruit) with a cup of hot tea. (Thankfully I checked my tea before drinking because it has Stevia in it!)

Huge accomplishment - yesterday was my daughter's birthday and I ate no cake, did not even lick the frosting off my fingers. I love cake so for me to not eat this and not even really be tempted was unbelievable. My husband kept watching me (he didn't think I knew) just waiting for me to break down and taste some but I held strong.

How is everyone else doing?

How's everyone feeling today? I was sick yesterday and sipped some hot decaf green tea with lemon. I found myself extremely hungry yesterday and today so far. Sometime when I get sick I feel hungry. I added in a few snacks, which have helped give me a little extra energy. I made some broth the other day, but the thought of drinking broth yesterday did not appear appetizing. 

Natural Remedies I used while sick: 

Rest

Hot lemon water (w/decaf green tea sometimes)

Hot shower

Neti Pot 

More rest 

Who's on instagram? 

Follow me on instagram @tri4health 

Hey all!

Day 13! WOO!

The first week for me was pretty low energy, but my doctor (who prescribed this diet for me) also had me go off of coffee, so that could be a major contributor. The second week has been more stomachy-things with nausea, punctuated by spurts of high energy (yay)!  My clothes are fitting better and my swollen face and reduced. My sleep started off very good and isn't so good lately. I toss and turn and feel restless; I may need to up the intensity of my exercise at this point.

Hope yall are doing well! :)

• Moderators

Hey all!

Day 13! WOO!

The first week for me was pretty low energy, but my doctor (who prescribed this diet for me) also had me go off of coffee, so that could be a major contributor. The second week has been more stomachy-things with nausea, punctuated by spurts of high energy (yay)!  My clothes are fitting better and my swollen face and reduced. My sleep started off very good and isn't so good lately. I toss and turn and feel restless; I may need to up the intensity of my exercise at this point.

Hope yall are doing well! :)

Some people find having starchy vegetables with their last meal of the day helps them to sleep. This article also has some tips that might help.

AH!!! I need to go grocery shopping and thought it would be a good excuse to try to eat out for lunch. I ordered a berry salad without the cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. Got back to work and realized I don't know what is in the balsamic vinagrette, better not eat it. Then I noticed a marinade on the chicken, so I called the store and asked what they marinated it in: oil and seasonings. I accepted it and hung up. Then, I thought about it and I don't know what is in the seasonings, so better not eat the chicken. I went to the restaurant downstairs and got a side of diced chicken marinated in olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Come back up and then realized the pecans look a little funny - they're sweetened. Can't eat the pecans. Then I don't know if there is extra sugar in the dried cranberries, so I nix those. I end up eating all the strawberries, my side of chicken and a couple pieces of lettuce (in my mind it's contaminated.) Then I remembered that I had nuts at my desk and I could eat those! I open up the bin and grab a big handful to shove in my mouth. Then panic hits: what if there's peanuts?! I have my Whole 30 shopping list on my desk as I was making my grocery list over lunch and immediately checked all the nuts. Phew, all compliant. Then I had a feeling I should check the ingredients. And there it is: "Vegetable oil (peanut, cottonseed, soybean and/or sunflower seed.)" And then all my dreams were crushed. Mentally, I am going to keep telling myself this is Day 16, but I am going to have to make it a Whole46. :( Who ever thought NUTS would have added ingredients?! And it's so annoying that a seemingly simple salad can be so non-compliant. Who wants to open up a Whole 30 compliant restaurant chain!? :) End rant. 

Hi folks: Just an FYI that there is also another group of us that started on Feb 8th. The thread that we are posting to is titled: Started Feb 8th. I'm been checking this thread, but posting in the other. maybe we could consolidate... safety and support in numbers :)

@ashleighwex - totally understand the rant. I was so upset when I was at WF's recently looking for chicken broth. When I read the label on the box it was zero sugars, but upon looking closer at the ingredients it said it was made with cane sugar. I was pretty upset and felt completely misled. Sure has been an eye opener about reading labels. Buyer beware and all that. Hang in there.

Happy Day 17.

Archived