Starting tomorrow, February 6th

runintothesun

Hey all.....

Never done the Whole 30 before. I'm 26 and have spent my entire life eating lots of junk food and sugar, with the exception of one week in college when I tried paleo (as soon as the carb flu hit I caved).

I'm nervous about going through sugar withdrawal, as well as nicotine withdrawal since I'll be quitting smoking too....originally my boyfriend and I were going to start together but he isn't able to due to personal reasons. So it's just me!

I'm mostly nervous about getting through the low-carb flu - I got really weak and tired last time. I am off from work until February 16th so that I can try to get through most of it before I go back (I am a supervisor for a psychiatric crisis unit in an ED so I need to operating at full faculties by then) but nervous about caving in during the week.

If you guys have any tips feel free to let me know!

Enlist a lot of support if you can. I am doing this with my husband--he's a huge reason why I'm now on day 14. You can do this.

Mods will probably know if there are past blog posts about quitting smoking, too. You're taking on a lot of awesome changes!

I started my commitment to Whole30 yesterday, February 5, 2016! Today is Day2 of slaying the sugar dragon. Made it through Girls' Night Out last night with no cheating! Super proud of my commitment on a day that was probably not the best day to begin, but hey, if not today, then when?? I'm all in! Good luck to you...you can do it!!

Archived