Anyone else starting February 11?

Jen82

Thanks for the tip, birdyhill! I had not seen that forum. I'll go look. Hope you're still doing well on your program!

I've actually never participated in a forum before, so I feel like a fish out of water.

I just saw these messages, because I was expecting email notification of any replies for some reason. Oops!

I will message you, chocoholic. :)

• Moderators

Thanks for the tip, birdyhill! I had not seen that forum. I'll go look. Hope you're still doing well on your program!

I've actually never participated in a forum before, so I feel like a fish out of water.

I just saw these messages, because I was expecting email notification of any replies for some reason. Oops!

I will message you, chocoholic. :)

If you happen to come back and check this, you can ensure you get email notifications of forum discussions you participate in or follow (Following a post is an option up in the top right of any forum topic, you can follow it even if you don't have anything to say, if you just want to see how others respond). 

Up at the top of the page, you'll see your user name to the left of the search box in that bar. Click on your name (ctrl +click if you want it to open in a new tab so you can refer back to this message as you do this). On that page, to the right, there's a button that says Edit My Profile, click it. On the left of that page, there will be a menu bar, look for Notification Options and click it. There are two columns of check boxes, the one on the right says Email -- make sure those boxes are checked for anything you want email notification about.

Let me know if any of that doesn't work or doesn't make sense.

Hi, I'm starting another round tomorrow as well. I'd love to be your buddy, as that works really well for me to have that kind of support! I'm a 35 year old mom of two, also with about 50 extra pounds, living in St. Louis (Missouri). 

Hello everyone! I'm doing the whole30 for the second time and I started in 02/01 - so it's day 10 to me. My first time was great, I did it to kill my sugar dragon and cravings and it worked really well. But since I started the reintroduction I totally lost the control with sugar, and that's why I decided to start it over again.

Since day 5 I started to crave all the sugary things in the world, and it's been really hard for me to handle that because my friends, boyfriend, family and co-workers still eat that stuff all day long. So, I decided to eat the complient food as much as I need or want to help me to pass through this phase. It happens that I'm eating lots of nuts, that I know I shouldn't! But since I had started the program 3 times and fall off the wagon because of this cravings, I think it's better for me to eat the nuts than the sugary stuff, considering that this is just temporary until the cravings go away.

I am noticing the difference from the first time, when I was in control of everything I ate, and now, that I eat nuts more than I know is healthy.

I decided to start the whole30 over again tomorrow without the nuts, since it's been like "food with no breaks" to me!

So I'm joining you to your whole30!

By the way, I'm a Brazilian doctor and I'm 26.

• Moderators

Hello everyone! I'm doing the whole30 for the second time and I started in 02/01 - so it's day 10 to me. My first time was great, I did it to kill my sugar dragon and cravings and it worked really well. But since I started the reintroduction I totally lost the control with sugar, and that's why I decided to start it over again.

Since day 5 I started to crave all the sugary things in the world, and it's been really hard for me to handle that because my friends, boyfriend, family and co-workers still eat that stuff all day long. So, I decided to eat the complient food as much as I need or want to help me to pass through this phase. It happens that I'm eating lots of nuts, that I know I shouldn't! But since I had started the program 3 times and fall off the wagon because of this cravings, I think it's better for me to eat the nuts than the sugary stuff, considering that this is just temporary until the cravings go away.

I am noticing the difference from the first time, when I was in control of everything I ate, and now, that I eat nuts more than I know is healthy.

I decided to start the whole30 over again tomorrow without the nuts, since it's been like "food with no breaks" to me!

Hi, there -- you have the right idea about eating as much compliant food as you need to help you get past the cravings, although you're also right that nuts aren't the best option. Make sure you make all your meals meet the meal template, and if you are hungry between meals, have a mini-meal of protein, fat, and vegetables. One thing that comes up a lot is that people assume that cooking fat is enough fat for a meal, and sometimes it's just not, so don't be afraid to add olives or avocado or coconut, or to add mayo or other dressings, dips, or sauces with your meals. Mel Joulwan has a lot of tasty options on her site, or check out Nom Nom Paleo for ideas as well. 

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear you have to start over, but I think it's good that you're strong enough to choose too. I wish you much luck this time around!

hi y'all! day 2, round 2 for me. i did round 1 back in may and it was awesome but i fell off the wagon over the summer. i've been probably 60/40 paleo through fall/winter, but i'm trying to clean it up and potentially get pregnant. i'm 34 with two kidlets and i probably have 20-30 pounds to lose, depending on whatever criteria i factor in...

Archived