How does a chef stay on Whole30?

Ochel

Be aware though that if you have any serious reactions to things, this may not be enough to counteract them.

If I do this with gluten I get very sick, so just be aware it could reduce your results.

As a chef though you might be able to get some healthier choices added to the menu :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am also in a similar position.  I am required to taste many kinds of pizza for my job. I am on day 2, and so far have been able to avoid any tastings, but that will change tomorrow. It's common in my workplace to chew and spit (lovely right?).  I am concerned that even having the product in my mouth will impede the benefits of the program.  I feel like things are going to be absorbed while in my mouth, and some will probably end up in my stomach.  

Does anyone have any input on this?  Is it going to effect my results?  Can I really call it a Whole30 because I'm being exposed to wheat, soy, dairy, and other ingredients no one can pronounce?

Some people will still see good results, but if you're very sensitive, small exposures can have big negative consequences, that's the whole point of Whole30, to find out if you are sensitive.

For me, if I chewed and spat non-GF pizza every day, I'd get really sick (but I used to eat pizza and just live with feeling crappy all the time - I had no idea).

If you're doing tasting notes rather than quality checking, you might want to see if you can team up with someone, you smell, they taste, you discuss together (since you've tasted many before, you'll have context).

If opting out is not an option, you can try Whole30 and see how you go with your level of exposure, if you don't notice any improvements you might be sensitive to some of those ingredients (commercial pizza is a real pain as it often contains a big variety of non-compliant ingredients).

Archived